HSBC Advance £150 offer & 6% interest for First Direct & M&S(HSBC Bank) Customers?

Comments

• YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 7 September 2016 at 12:48PM
    To the last two posters, all your questions are answered in the incentive T&Cs. Why not read them? They only run to two pages, and the second page can be ignored!
  • Snakey
    Snakey Posts: 1,174 Forumite
    I wonder whether it's worth applying again? The spoilsports rejected me just a couple of months ago. Would that mean I'm on a list, or would they do the same checks again (and perhaps get me a better result this time around, especially since they are clearly still looking for customers)?

I don't have many direct debits to spare, but I could switch my Halifax account if it's true that they're thinking of getting rid of the £5 reward soon - £150 is a lot of multiples of a fiver, and I'd like to get my hands on that regular saver rate.
  • djpailo
    djpailo Posts: 550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Snakey wrote: »
    I wonder whether it's worth applying again? The spoilsports rejected me just a couple of months ago. Would that mean I'm on a list, or would they do the same checks again (and perhaps get me a better result this time around, especially since they are clearly still looking for customers)?

I don't have many direct debits to spare, but I could switch my Halifax account if it's true that they're thinking of getting rid of the £5 reward soon - £150 is a lot of multiples of a fiver, and I'd like to get my hands on that regular saver rate.

I believe one reason they reject is if you earn less than the monthly pay in.
  • Well i read Martin's newsletter on my dinner break & was looking forward to bagging myself £200 plus opening their regular saver at 6%.

So wasn't best pleased when i was rejected tonight :(

Not often i see a rejection on an application.
  • Well i read Martin's newsletter on my dinner break & was looking forward to bagging myself £200 plus opening their regular saver at 6%.

So wasn't best pleased when i was rejected tonight :(

Not often i see a rejection on an application.

Were you rejected straight away? I got a message on their site saying they want to make some checks or something and they'll get back to me within 5 days. I'm earning over the £1750 limit so don't think it's anything to do with that.

Has anyone else experienced that? Any ideas on how long their checks usually take?
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    thefreckle wrote: »
    Were you rejected straight away? I got a message on their site saying they want to make some checks or something and they'll get back to me within 5 days. I'm earning over the £1750 limit so don't think it's anything to do with that.

Has anyone else experienced that? Any ideas on how long their checks usually take?
    When they rejected me in summer 2015 their policy was to open a standard current account instead. I managed to get them to stop that process before they'd formally opened it. I did manage to get the Advance account second time around earlier this year after waiting the requisite 6 months.
  • When they rejected me in summer 2015 their policy was to open a standard current account instead. I managed to get them to stop that process before they'd formally opened it. I did manage to get the Advance account second time around earlier this year after waiting the requisite 6 months.

Turns out I had a graduate account a few years back with my middle name and in this application I didn't provide my middle name. Went into the branch there now - left it with the account opened, credit card application accepted and online banking setup. Couldn't have been more straightforward
  • Ballard
    Ballard Posts: 2,850 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    thefreckle wrote: »

I had the same message but hope to be okay to open the account within a couple of weeks. I have yet to receive the debit card from the sacrificial account anyway so it's not the end of the world.

I note that you have to either phone or go into a branch to switch as they don't do it online (or at least not for the bonus). A bit of a pain but it looks worth it for the bonus & regular saver.
    I hate verisimilitude.
  • When they rejected me in summer 2015 their policy was to open a standard current account instead. I managed to get them to stop that process before they'd formally opened it. I did manage to get the Advance account second time around earlier this year after waiting the requisite 6 months.
    Did your monthly pay hit the required amount within that six months? I too was rejected, so was wondering what changed to make them accept you?
  • I'm imteresed in this offer and it would be my main bank account but my monthly pay equates to £50 less than the minimum pay in. Is it possible to just transfer a few quid to a different account then transfer it back to hsbc to make the monthly minimum pay in?
    Sure it is.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport