Claim for bank charges vs charge on mortgage??

I havent posted here in a while but have been keeping to my money plan and paying the amounts assessed by CAB to all my creditors.

However my work contract has expired and although Im registered with a few supply agencies have not worked this month yet.

I know I could claim back my unfairly paid bank charges but my biggest debt is a £15k loan to the bank. Should I proceed with a claim or is it a bit risky and likely to wind them up and end up with a charge on my mortgage???

Know it will take a while but really could do with the £££ altho I know it willl take a good while!
Debt on 11/11/2006 = £30604.95
Proud to be dealing with my debts!

Comments

• ps. forgotten how to change my footer .... can anyone help?!
  • lynzpower
    lynzpower Posts: 25,311 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    OK

You cannot get a charge on your mortgage from claining illegal charges, however you can get them from missing payments

Are you meaning you have missed your DMP payments this month?
    :beer: Well aint funny how its the little things in life that mean the most? Not where you live, the car you drive or the price tag on your clothes.
    Theres no dollar sign on piece of mind
    This Ive come to know...
    So if you agree have a drink with me, raise your glasses for a toast :beer:
  • havent missed any payments but not worked yet this month so worried about October
  • *zippy*
    *zippy* Posts: 2,979 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    You can update your signture by pressing user cp
  • and don't get charges on your mortgage account by missing payments - whereas banks and building socs will sometimes refund a payment just with a quick phone call (like the time my mortgage dd would have taken me 3pence overdrawn and they wouldn't pay it!), I have found mortgage companies to be absolutely intransigent when it comes to refunding charges.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure