Vanquis Nightmare - Please advice

Dear All,

Let me tell you my story. I've had a vanquis card for about 2-3 years and never missed a payment, my credit limit was increased up to 3000.

About a year ago I had some family issues and I had to move back to another country (within EU) . My salary dropped in double, and I have payslips to prove it. I've been trying to contact vanquis using all available telephone numbers for days no, considering the phone calls are 0.20 eur cents / minute for just listening endless beeps. I've managed to contact them over the phone about a month ago, and they asked me to fax the documents so I did. After that they not answering my calls. At the moment my balance is about 2900, and I'm struggling to pay more than a minimum payment (which is about £160/month).

I know it's my bad, more than that it's one of the biggest mistake I made with my finance. Bad ideas are coming into my mind.

What if I'll stop paying them? What if I'm not coming back to the UK ?

I'm still trying to solve this in a good way, just asking.

Comments

• john1002
    john1002 Posts: 984 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    I would suggest not trying to ring them and write to them asking for a reduced payment plan and freezing of interest until you get back on your feet. Did you take out there repayment option plan, if you did maybe claim on that.

Unfortunately in a global world you can no longer hide and debt collection can pursue you to your home country. Try and get this sorted as you will be doing your credit file harm and vanquis is one of few companies that can help improve but as many have said you should never carry a balance as the interest is crippling as you have found out.

But I know if you have to put food on the table or need to survive then 3000 available to you is going to be hard to resist.

Good luck

john
  • Bosie
    Bosie Posts: 1,215 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I am a Carer and in my time have had to help people with debt problems. I remember with Vanquis they will pass the debt to their own 'in house debt collections'. I am sure the name is Impact and once there they can stop/freeze the interest.
  • jmhgibson123
    jmhgibson123 Posts: 190 Forumite
    you have to be very persistant in writing they dont tend to help until you have missed payments...but just be aware as soon as you miss some they phone consistantly, after 6 months of charges and intrest they have now allowed me to make reduced payments and frozen intrest ...for now.
    goal for 2014....i will manage money better ..must resist shopping..............:A
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure