The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.

Anyone know anything on (RISE CREDIT CARD)

Hi guys first everpost so bear with me i filled in a application form and got accept for a credit card but the firm who offered it was not someone i had heard of before so i was wondering if any of you guys had heard of them details as follow:

the credit card is a RISE VISA CREDIT CARD

at the bottom of the letter its states

rise is a trading name of R. Raphael & Sons plc. R. Rapael & sons plc is registered in england (1288938). Registered office: Albany courtyard 47-48 piccadilly london W1J OLR. authorised and regulated by the financial services authority (161302)

any ideas or help guys will be well appreciated

Comments

• Are you for real? - Glass Half Empty??
    :coffee:
  • i have seen this website but i just dont want to finalise and activate the card inless they are proper if you know what i mean
  • chexum
    chexum Posts: 546
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I think this explains everything, including the fact why people with no defaults have not heard of them:

http://www.balancetransferprogramme.co.uk/
    The Balance Transfer Programme...
    could help you reduce your outstanding balance. The account referenced in the letter you received has currently been placed with us for collection. However, we are a different kind of collection company. We want to work with you to resolve your debt and improve your situation.

Receive the Rise Visa® Credit Card...
    Enjoy the silence...
  • jamieps
    jamieps Posts: 17 Forumite
    Raphael also bought the Monument credit card division from Barclaycard a few years back

They seem to mostly deal in sub-prime credit cards, but they're one of the oldest independent banks in the UK
  • System
    System Posts: 178,077
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    Hi

They are 'proper', Raphaels Bank used to issue the sub-prime Monument card and have cashpoints at airports and train stations.

This is just a clever way of collecting defaulted credit accounts.

Just make sure you read all the facts and figures and know what you're getting in to.

Regards
    UNDERGROUND :D
  • Hi Guys I have a Rise Credit card and yes the balance transfer programme is a simple way of you paying off a debt and them collecting on it. After you have paid off that debt which they pay a portion off you will then recieve one of their cards with a two hundred pound credit limit on it.
    This is a good way of improving your credit score and I have checked on my credit file so it does show if you have been using it sensibly. I would advise people who decide to go down this route to be very very sensible and cautious with this card as it really can be expensive if not used wisely, it really is only a way of helping people with a poor credit history improve their credit worthiness and it is genuine, I have had mine now for about Nine months and I pay off the total bill each and every month I find this the best way to manage my finances and low and behold my credit rating has already improved. So good luck and be sensible to those like me who have had a poor credit rating and were refused credit this is a way back but you really do need to be carefull ok.
  • I have this card and it is genuine but is really only designed for those who have had a poor credit history, it a way of helping you improve your credit worthiness and it does work if used in a sensible manner, so good luck and be careful with you finances. p.s it best to pay off the full amount every month as it shows you are serious about managing you finances.
  • Hi carpinmad2010,
    I just got a Rise Card through my post as well.Looks like just the one you mentioned as it also says Raphaells Bank!
    I like the fact that they do not have any late/overlimit or even default fees. I also did a cash transfer (which is same day!) so as of now am happy...am not a big defaulter so I shall just use it for Cash which is cool.
  • hi, I am also accepted for rise. anybody know abt some other cards like rise visa as I am facing obtaining credit at the moment. Thanx.
  • anyone had problems getting through to Rise customer services?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure