PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Free Tenancy Agreement Document Download Please

Options

Comments

• clutton_2
    clutton_2 Posts: 11,149 Forumite
    Options
    www.landlordexpert.co.uk

if anyone had taken the trouble to read the whole free agreement in detail you would realise that it makes no mention at all of the Tenancy Deposit Legislation

if they have not updated this agreement in the 18 months since TD legislation came into force - what else on their website is untrustworthy ??

i rest my well known case about free ASTs

i bought a good AST from a legal source a long while back, and have been amending it ever since as new legislation comes into force - so buying your first AST need not mean a lifetime of continued expense
  • tbs624
    tbs624 Posts: 10,816 Forumite
    Options
    and the additional point worth noting Clutton is that you are of course a member of a National LL association so can keep up to date with all changes to laws, rules & regs.

Methinks our "fireman" friend is being a tad disingenuous. He has mentioned a personal involvement in lettings, and the fact that he decides to quote that same site link again plus his mini rant about the NLA suggests more than a passing interest.

Maybe he should just stick to the blue lights, ladders & hoses or let someone who knows what they are doing manage his property.;)
  • Bluelion31
    Options
    Try http://www.yourplacemarketing.co.uk on their free section
  • ads234
    Options
    I got my free tenancy agreement from here

http://www.urbansalesandlettings.co.uk/tenancy.aspx

had it checked out as well and is upto date..there is loads of sites you can get them
  • tbs624
    tbs624 Posts: 10,816 Forumite
    Options
    Bluelion31 wrote: »
    Try http://www.yourplacemarketing.co.uk on their free section
    :rolleyes: May be best avoided - no mention of tenancy deposit schemes and just a brief trawl through produces at least a dozen clauses that could be challenged...... some egs. below:

Clauses on insurance - unless policy terms are provided to the tenant, s/he can't possibly agree that s/he won't invalidate the terms/cause an increase in premiums

No singing between 11pm and 8 am if it would annoy/cause nuisance to other occupiers..................I bet that troublesome lodger from another thread ( the one who hogs the bathroom for 50 mins in the morning) sings in the shower..............:rotfl:

The Landlord agrees with the Tenant as follows: -
    (1) That the Tenant paying rent and performing the obligations on the part of the tenant herein contained may quietly possess and enjoy the property during the tenancy without any lawful interruption from the Landlord or a person claiming under or in trust for the Landlord.

NB: A tenant's right to "quiet enjoyment" is unconditional: the LL can pursue the rent/breach issues separately.

Clean all windows of the Property once at least in every month of the tenancy.
    the tenant will..........immediately replace all broken glass
    (the tenant shall) pay for the washing (including ironing or pressing) of all linen and for the washing and cleaning of all
    counterpanes blankets and curtains which shall have been soiled during the tenancy.

(the tenant shall) pay for all gas, electric and water which shall be consumed or supplied on or to the property during the tenancy within 14 days of the account being submitted (this despite the fact the the TA states that the tenant is to have all the utility bills in their own name)
    ==================================

PROVISO FOR RE-ENTRY
    Provided as follows: -
    (I) If the rent or any instalment or part thereof shall be in arrears or unpaid for at least fourteen days after the same shall have become due (whether legally demanded or not) or

(ii) In the event of the breach of any of the agreements on the part of the Tenant or

(iii) if the property shall (without an arrangement having been made with the Landlord for temporary purposes only) be left vacant or unoccupied.

The Landlord may re-enter on the property at any time and immediately thereupon the tenancy shall absolutely
    determine without prejudice to the other remedies of the Landlord.

Yep - see that one through Mr/Mrs LL and you'll probably find yourself on a charge of tenant harassment/unlawful eviction etc.
    The majority of "here's a good freebie TA" links always provide a good :rotfl: on the one hand, but the greatest concern is that an unsuspecting tenant will maybe think that these sort of terms actually stand, and/ or that a newbie LL runs the risk of finding themselves on the receiving end of a civil/criminal court action.
  • LOVELLSTEV
    Options
    I'm looking to download and print a "FREE" copy of a "Shorthold Tennancy Agreement.

Any Idea's Please .!!

T L.
  • GoldenGirl25
    Options
    I think you should just pay the legal fees to get a water tight contract drafted.

I was looking at a place owned buy a buy a to let landlord and he downloaded a contract. A lot of terms didnt make sense-Stating I was responsible for cleaning windows even though the flat was on the 10th Floor!

I went through it line by line and lots of essential statutes and legal rights for tennants were missing, lots of clauses contridicted each other and its was generally a mess.

I know you want to save money but there are things that are/arnt worthwhile doing yourself and this is something to be left to the experts!
  • Becky_Blonde
    Options
    I found this useful article, which includes a free Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement Word Document for you to download and use (at the bottom of the page).

Unfortunately I can't paste the link - so I have put spaces in between the words - so just stick it all back together to go to the website:

www . property investment project . co . uk / blog / assured- shorthold- tenancy- agreement/
  • goRt
    goRt Posts: 292 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Surely one should also get a section 21 notice and serve on the day the T take possession?
  • clutton_2
    clutton_2 Posts: 11,149 Forumite
    Options
    you cannot serve a section 21 notice till after the deposit is protected these days
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure