BT Sports

redmalc
redmalc Posts: 1,433 Forumite
Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
I got BT Sports free with the Broadband package on one television,now we are having to pay £5 per month does anyone know if we will be able to get in on a second TV upstairs through a second Sky Box,
Be kind not that savvy with technology

Comments

• JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    You don't have to pay £5 pm see thread BT Sport in TV Section .

BT say.

• BT Sport Pack is free for new customers who take BT Broadband and BT TV on a new minimum contract term of 12 or 18 months. BT Sport Pack is also free for existing BT Broadband and TV customers who recontract those services for a further 18-month minimum contract term. Customers that don't take BT TV can still view BT Sport on one of the alternative platforms - see below for details.
    • Customers watching the BT Sport Pack on Sky can get it for £5 a month if you're within your broadband minimum contract term. If you're not in a minimum contract term, it's £11.75 a month. You can always sign up for a further 12 or 18 month BT Broadband minimum contract term to watch the BT Sport Pack for £5 a month
    • If you watch on the app only, then it's £5 a month
    • If you only get the BT Sport Pack from us on Sky (without BT Broadband), then it's £19.99 a month
  • Headless_Ned
    Headless_Ned Posts: 30 Forumite
    You can get something called 'BT sport Lite' for free apparently -

https://recombu.com/digital/article/what-is-bt-sport-lite

Not sure you'll be able to get that on the second sky box and it's only BT sport 1.
  • ed83_2
    ed83_2 Posts: 6 Forumite
    Beware moving to BT lite. I was offered this for free when I contacted BT to cancel BT Sport before having to pay for it.
    However when I got a confirmation e mail it stated that I had also renewed my BT broadband and calls for 12 months, this had not been mentioned when I spoke to them
    I have contacted them to cancel as I will end up paying more for broadband when my contract does run out in November
  • VisionMan
    VisionMan Posts: 1,585 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    ed83 wrote: »
    Beware moving to BT lite. I was offered this for free when I contacted BT to cancel BT Sport before having to pay for it.
    However when I got a confirmation e mail it stated that I had also renewed my BT broadband and calls for 12 months, this had not been mentioned when I spoke to them
    I have contacted them to cancel as I will end up paying more for broadband when my contract does run out in November

Moving to BT Sport Lite requires no renewal of contract. Ring them up and complain.
  • ed83_2
    ed83_2 Posts: 6 Forumite
    Confirmation e mail from BT stated "you have renewed your broadband and calls contract".
    Have rung and cancelled
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport