MSE News: Plusnet tops the customer service tables again, while AOL and EE take the w

72% of Plusnet customers rated its home phone customer service as 'great', while 68% said the same of its broadband...
Read the full story:

HRMC to set aside £45m to improve phone service

OfficialStamp.gif

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,655 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    The same Plusnet that has now announced that in 2 weeks it will stop its 24/7 phone support and only be 7:30am to 10pm.
  • Futuristic
    Futuristic Posts: 1,129 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    gsmlnx wrote: »
    The same Plusnet that has now announced that in 2 weeks it will stop its 24/7 phone support and only be 7:30am to 10pm.

I believe that's still ok considering its call centre is in the UK who I assume are well trained considering the good ratings whilst nearly all others are outsourced / useless etc.

However, this isn't the only change they've made. It recently dropped the upload speed of its Unlimited Fibre package from 19.5Mbps to just 2Mbps.
  • Oblivion
    Oblivion Posts: 20,248 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    I'm amazed that Virgin Media got second place considering how dire their off-shore (India) call centre is, and how oversubscribed so many areas of the country are resulting in ludicrously slow speeds!
    ... Dave
    Happily retired and enjoying my 14th year of leisure
    I am cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
    Bring me sunshine in your smile
  • Not surprised. I have had phone and b/band with Plusnet for over 18 months. Excellent service and price (b/band and phone are both free). I just pay for line rental, which I paid up front when I started my new 12-month contract.

Been with Sky and V/Media before but will never go back to them.

For £5.99 per month, I could also get the BT Sports channels with Plusnet on my Sky dish.
  • Parisien
    Parisien Posts: 930 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Not surprised. I have had phone and b/band with Plusnet for over 18 months.
    For £5.99 per month, I could also get the BT Sports channels with Plusnet on my Sky dish.

Can you point me to links or info about how you've managed to get both BB and phone free plus cheap BT sport?
  • Parisien wrote: »
    Can you point me to links or info about how you've managed to get both BB and phone free plus cheap BT sport?

No links. I just phoned P/net retentions to get the deal. I got a price from Sky to get the deal with plusnet, which they were keen to match and beat.

For the £5.99 sports, it was on their website at the time. Not sure if they have increased it since then.

Good luck.
  • CKhalvashi
    CKhalvashi Posts: 12,060 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    EE would be fine if they didn't phone every few weeks to make sure I'm ok with their service, presumably on some upsell, before saying that it's an outside call centre and they can't do anything to stop the calls.

I'm paying 75p/month for internet, so surely it's costing this per call to make sure I'm ok.......
    💙💛 💔
  • jem16
    jem16 Posts: 19,398 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Excellent service and price (b/band and phone are both free). I just pay for line rental, which I paid up front when I started my new 12-month contract.

You say phone and BB are free and then you say you pay your line rental upfront.

So how is the phone free if you're paying line rental upfront?
  • DaleN
    DaleN Posts: 27 Forumite
    edited 30 June 2015 at 11:22AM
    I find this hard to believe. Were people really rating Plusnet on their customer service, or were they rating the performance of their phone and broadband, both of which are excellent? Their customer service however... also pretty good once you get through to someone but... have you ever tried to get through to their customer service line? Never less than 30 minutes wait, even at 1 in the morning. Perpetually "unusually high call volumes". Hint: if there is always an "usually high call volumes" message being played, then they aren't "unusual" any more.
  • jem16 wrote: »
    You say phone and BB are free and then you say you pay your line rental upfront.

So how is the phone free if you're paying line rental upfront?

Because I do not pay anything for my free evening & w/end call package.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure