Wonga Problems

Took out a loan which I've now paid back. However in a couple of months or so I may need another loan. Fine and fair enough I'm guessing. But if you go onto their website and log in, it says the site is going through a regeneration and loans are not available, whilst this is not an immediate panic, what the hell happens in terms of getting a loan over time? Surely the site can't be down for an indefinite period and bearing in mind the amount of trouble they're in for fleecing people, you'd think that they'd be glad for all the custom they can get at the moment. Anyone know when they're likely to be up and running again because to be honest, their customer service are about as much use as a chocolate mousetrap!

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    If you think you'll need another pay day loan in a couple of months, would now be a good time to start cutting back on your expenditure?
  • CHR15
    CHR15 Posts: 5,193 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    You say they are fleecing people and have poor customer service yet appear to be frustrated they may not be there to lend you more??

You could always try elsewhere or better still, as you have a couple of paydays, put some aside each month so to don't need to borrow.

Oh! Hang on, It's Christmas in a couple of months!
  • Took out a loan which I've now paid back. However in a couple of months or so I may need another loan. Fine and fair enough I'm guessing. But if you go onto their website and log in, it says the site is going through a regeneration and loans are not available, whilst this is not an immediate panic, what the hell happens in terms of getting a loan over time? Surely the site can't be down for an indefinite period and bearing in mind the amount of trouble they're in for fleecing people, you'd think that they'd be glad for all the custom they can get at the moment. Anyone know when they're likely to be up and running again because to be honest, their customer service are about as much use as a chocolate mousetrap!
    Why on earth can't you manage your finances in a way that means you don't need to use companies like Wonga?
  • KiKi
    KiKi Posts: 5,377 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    As Wonga have just announced they're writing off the debts of 330,000 customers, I suspect more people will start to use them again...
    ' <-- See that? It's called an apostrophe. It does not mean "hey, look out, here comes an S".
  • iolanthe07
    iolanthe07 Posts: 5,493 Forumite
    KiKi wrote: »
    As Wonga have just announced they're writing off the debts of 330,000 customers, I suspect more people will start to use them again...

But many will not be able to, because Wonga are tightening up their loan criteria. They will no longer lend to borrowers who can't/won't pay them back.
    I used to think that good grammar is important, but now I know that good wine is importanter.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure