JSA Hardship payments

Comments

• McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,819 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    no my OH did not mis hear and the guy did it on purpose

Give over, of course he could have misheard, and dont be silly the guy would never have done it on purpose. He maybe said so but we can all make mistakes.

I thought you had more sense than to believe that.
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • Orville
    Orville Posts: 1,900 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post PPI Party Pooper
    To get back on topic.

What is the minimum amount of applications you are meant to show on your booklet op. When you signed on there should have been an agreement.

If it is 4 per week i think you would have good grounds to appeal, and also if i were you i would put in a written complaint about the advisor who stopped your money.
  • McKneff wrote: »
    Give over, of course he could have misheard, and dont be silly the guy would never have done it on purpose. He maybe said so but we can all make mistakes.

I thought you had more sense than to believe that.

sweetheart i was there when my OHs advisor said it, i heard him say it, my OH did NOT mishear!
  • nocareer
    nocareer Posts: 57 Forumite
    You have to ask at the jobcentre for claim form JSA10 Hardship Provision. Fill this in and return it as soon as possible to the jobcentre and claim from the day that they say you can no longer get JSA from. It take 10 days for them to process the claim. It pays about £39 a week. But, you won't get it if your savings come to more than this.

Again, the Jobcentre staff are proving to be inhumane scum, they don't issue you with leaflet ESL48 which they are supposed to do when they give you a letter saying a doubt has risen about your claim for JSA. They also don't offer you a claim form for Hardship Allowance, you have to ask for one. These people have no conscience at all.

I've heard of people losing there homes because they did not know they could claim hardship payments.
  • nocareer
    sweetheart i was there when my OHs advisor said it, i heard him say it, my OH did NOT mishear!

I have also heard rumours about this. They have to sanction so many claimants within a given time frame, to keep the big knobs in goverment happy and reduce the deficit by saving on social security handouts.
  • HappyMJ
    HappyMJ Posts: 21,115 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Orville wrote: »
    To get back on topic.

What is the minimum amount of applications you are meant to show on your booklet op. When you signed on there should have been an agreement.

If it is 4 per week i think you would have good grounds to appeal, and also if i were you i would put in a written complaint about the advisor who stopped your money.
    The minimum number of things you are supposed to do is in the the Jobcentre agreeement you have with them. I think mine was 2 a week. I did loads more and they said I was doing more than enough so it never changed. A few things did change over time such as seeking work which I was not qualified for and work which I was over qualified for which I refused but we agreed to disagree on that one. I never did look for that work and they never did question it again. The only thing that ever did change was the travel to work requirement was extended from 60 minutes to 90 minutes which I accepted as long as it did not leave me worse off due to higher public transport costs and they agreed.
    :footie:
    :p Regular savers earn 6% interest (HSBC, First Direct, M&S) :p Loans cost 2.9% per year (Nationwide) = FREE money. :p
  • HappyMJ
    HappyMJ Posts: 21,115 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    nocareer wrote: »
    You have to ask at the jobcentre for claim form JSA10 Hardship Provision. Fill this in and return it as soon as possible to the jobcentre and claim from the day that they say you can no longer get JSA from. It take 10 days for them to process the claim. It pays about £39 a week. But, you won't get it if your savings come to more than this.

Again, the Jobcentre staff are proving to be inhumane scum, they don't issue you with leaflet ESL48 which they are supposed to do when they give you a letter saying a doubt has risen about your claim for JSA. They also don't offer you a claim form for Hardship Allowance, you have to ask for one. These people have no conscience at all.

I've heard of people losing there homes because they did not know they could claim hardship payments.
    How do someone lose their home due to a sanction? Sanctions do not affect housing benefit at all. Everyone continues to get the full rate of Housing Benefit.
    :footie:
    :p Regular savers earn 6% interest (HSBC, First Direct, M&S) :p Loans cost 2.9% per year (Nationwide) = FREE money. :p
  • nocareer
    edited 18 March 2012 at 9:05PM
    HappyMJ wrote: »
    How do someone lose their home due to a sanction? Sanctions do not affect housing benefit at all. Everyone continues to get the full rate of Housing Benefit.

Because when people get a letter telling them they can no longer get JSA, they think it's all over. So, they no longer sign on and their claim is closed, so lose their housing benefit and are evicted from their homes.
  • notakid
    notakid Posts: 10,362 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    nocareer wrote: »
    Thanks, for that info. That is re-assuring. It must have been a false rumour.

Like much on this thread!:rotfl::rotfl:
    But if ever I stray from the path I follow
    Take me down to the English Channel
    Throw me in where the water is shallow And then drag me on back to shore!
    'Cos love is free and life is cheap As long as I've got me a place to sleep
    Clothes on my back and some food to eat I can't ask for anything more
  • It's been a while since I signed on, but a lot of these people are really nasty, some almost to the point of spitting at you for being unemployed.
    The worst ones are the ones that were on the dole with you, now they're in charge and they know it. They were made to feel like scum so they dish it out worse.
    While I doubt that 2 claimants a week thing is anything official I could believe it of job centre in-house rules in certain areas.
    I wish I could fly, right up to the sky! But I can't...
    Famous Last Words: Bus?... What B....
    I reserve the right to edit my posts so you are wrong & I am right!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure