Honeywell CM927

Options

Comments

• lozzaw
    Options
    Sorry Ruski I actually worked it out after posting my original message (which I have edited!) Thanks for your help anyway. It doesn't seem to have made any difference to my display yet. The advice was to do it a few times, so I guess I'll just keep trying. Thanks again
  • Ruski
    Ruski Posts: 1,628 Forumite
    Options
    Yeah, heat the edge of the white pad and then firm it back down along the ribbon : I did this several times...

HTH

Russ
    Perfection takes time: don't expect miracles in a day :D
  • Les_Jones
    Options
    I had the same problem with the LCD starting to miss parts of the displayon my CM901. It is just under 5 years old. I tried the suggested method heating the connection from the LCD where it connects to the PCB. In my case it made the display worse. I did some research on the web to see how the joint was made in manufacture. The information suggested that the joint was heated to above 130 Deg. C (But it did not give a maximum temperature.) and a pressure of about 30 Kg per square centimetre. I made a tool to heat the joint and apply pressure and it fixed the problem.
    I have only used it once so it may not always work.
    There are some details of the tool I made on my website. I will post the URL when I am allowed to do so.

Les.
  • Les_Jones
    Options
    You can now find more information for my post #44 (09/01/16) by Googling "Repairing Honeywell CM901 display fault"

Les.
  • Ruski
    Options
    Les_Jones wrote: »
    You can now find more information for my post #44 (09/01/16) by Googling "Repairing Honeywell CM901 display fault"

Les.

Magnificent solution - well done Les.

But I'll stick to the hair dryer method ;)

Cheers

Russ
  • aderowbotham
    Options
    I have the same problem - LCD display segments are fading / failing by the week. And now the time +/- and temperature +/- buttons have stopped responding to presses. It was installed in 2012, so less than four years old.

I have contacted Honeywell support but they say they can't help because I don't have proof of the installation date. This is unfortunately because the gas fitter who fitted our new boiler and heating system has died, so there's no way for me to get evidence of the installation.

This is very annoying because I have given Honeywell the serial number – the serial presumably tells them how old the unit is, and yet they are unwilling to replace it. In other words Honeywell apparently think it's acceptable to sell a heating controller that lasts under four years and they won't do the right thing and just replace it.

So...

Can I buy a replacement remote controller from anywhere or do I have to buy the receiver unit with it?

If the latter, can anyone recommend a different system / manufacturer? I'll have the bite the bullet and get someone to fit that for me. I'm not impressed AT ALL with Honeywell at the moment.
  • Ruski
    Options
    If you have a screwdriver and a hair dryer try the fix first - it really does work!

Not aware that you can buy the controller seperately, but I may be wrong, worth asking a local plumbers merchant.
    If not - then the new controller can be paired with the existing receiver and just keep new receiver as a spare...

HTH

Russ
  • Kirky2
    Options
    My CM927 was fitted 8 years ago, started playing up a few years ago and recently went altogether. A search on Internet found your post on this thread. Having a techi background decided to have a go. Used a thin book to support PEC and also wrapped LCD to protect from heat. First attempt using low heat made slightly better, but second attempt made it worse. I decided to try a higher heat setting and then after rubbing along length of contacts to improve connection then held ribbon down along length until it cooled. I also put a folded business card between LCD/backlight to support and pack slightly. Re-assembled - 100% working! Nice one Sir! Thank you!
  • ladymarmalade222
    Options
    Excellent service from Honeywell.

My thermostat lcd went faulty. It is around 4.5 years old so after reading this thread I contacted Honeywell. They requested pictures of the front and back of the unit and a scan of the receipt when fitted. Success! New unit arrived by UPS 2 days later. Asked to post back the faulty unit by freepost address.

Great service unlike my tefal actigrill which stopped working after a year!

Xxx
  • gwapenut
    gwapenut Posts: 1,360 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    How faulty was the front? Mine has occasional LED segments missing but is still very readable.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure