We Are Decking the Halls with NSDs December Challenge

Comments

• ModestyB
    ModestyB Posts: 1,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I got NSD 4 yesterday. Not one today, had a nice meal out in a pub.
    Another free listing weekend on Eb*y. this week.
    S.P.C. 9 2016 No. 062 Banked £337.50
    My Gold Stars off Sue. :staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin :staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin :staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin :staradmin
  • Today wasNSD 3 for me. A bit of an annoying one though - today was supposed to be the special December meet up (not really "Christmas party" because not all of us celebrate the holiday) for my circle of friends.

Sadly, one friend is in hospital (recovering from a minor op, fortunately nothing TOO serious), my husband has that winter vomiting bug, and another friend fell ill with something else last week. We cancelled the get together, but that means we won't all have a chance to meet up until the new year now.
    £2013 in 2013 Member |
  • freebyfifty
    freebyfifty Posts: 3,189 Forumite
    Good Morning :)

I hope everyone is staying warm. Sometimes I wish I could hibernate and come out in March when its getting a bit warmer :)

Well done to everyone for lots of lovely NSDs

Beanielou – A brilliant NSD #7 done and dusted for you. :T Hope you enjoyed your day in the house, sometimes it is just what we need to recharge our batteries.:)

Bigmumma – NSD #7 stopped by and decided to stay. :T Well done you and thank your offer to help look for another car. :) You are an:A in disguise.

Evertheoptimist – NSD #2 safely captured. Well done. :T Keep going. Loads more to be had.:)

Ifwishes – NSD #4 in the bag. Well done you. :T I dunno where you find all the cartoons etc but they are brilliant. Please never stop.:A

Jamiedodger – Well done on claiming NSD #5. :T Hope you do managed to keep that purse closed and capture a couple more. Good Luck.:)

Kururunfa- Well done on capturing NSD#3:T and :mad: to having to cancel your meet up with your friends. It’ll be all the better when you do though.:)

Kitschkitty – An excellent NSD #4 in the bag. :T Well done.:)

Laura16 – Well done on claiming NSD #3. :T You are doing really well.:)

Lemmings – An excellent NSD #4 in the bag for you. :T Well done. :)

Liltdiddy – Sounds to me like you had a good day and even better for capturing NSD #7. :T Well done.:)

ModestyB – NSD #4 all safely tucked away. :T Well done you.:T Thanks for the tip about the free listing on ebay. For some reason I never hear about it until I read it on here. Guess what I’m doing today.:)

Nargle – NSD #2 comes in dancing and hollering along with wildebeest and chickens. :T Where Igor keeps all these things when you’re finished with them is a mystery to me.:eek:

Rising –NSD #5 safely captured.:T Well done you, you are on a roll. :T

Silvasava – Well done on getting NSD #4. :T I hope you enjoyed your night out and you aren’t suffering too much this morning.:)

Spoony – Nothing wrong with being on NSD #5. :T You sound as if you have been busy and have got everything organised so you can now get lots more.:T

WantToBeSE – Well done on NSD #6.:T I hope you find some ideas for cheap entertainment for the kids. I always found it a struggle and we did lots of baking etc. Having a dog helped too because it meant lots of long walks. Mine are older now and are happy to entertain themselves (being with mum is soooooo not cool):rotfl:

Free by Fifty
    Debt of the Moment -
    August NSD Challenge 14/15
  • freebyfifty
    NSD #8 for me yesterday.

Didn't venture very far, mainly because of the lack of a car and we are quite rural
    (and I am just a lazy burger) :o
    Free by Fifty
    Debt of the Moment -
  • freebyfifty
    kururunfa wrote: »
    Today wasNSD 3 for me. A bit of an annoying one though - today was supposed to be the special December meet up (not really "Christmas party" because not all of us celebrate the holiday) for my circle of friends.

Sadly, one friend is in hospital (recovering from a minor op, fortunately nothing TOO serious), my husband has that winter vomiting bug, and another friend fell ill with something else last week. We cancelled the get together, but that means we won't all have a chance to meet up until the new year now.

Please can you tell me what target you are aiming for? For some reason I haven't got it on the front page and I can't find the post where you declared it - sorry :o
    Free by Fifty
    Debt of the Moment -
  • No spend agai yesterday, we went Caroling with the church then I sat down and knitted two hipster hats and got halfway through a knitted rabbit for Christmas presents. I'm am running in the Santa Run in Greenwich Park today for my church. So I think I will be another day without spending for me. But for now can I add 8NSD IN A ROW :T:T
    • MSE Forum Achievements:
    • Debt-free & Proud - December 2014
    • Fully Funded 12 Month Emergency Fund - December 2020
    • Current Challenges: No Spend Challenge 2023
    • January NSD: 16/25
  • Yesterday was #6,thanks.Not sure if I'll get one today.

freeby bad news about the car :(

Stay warm everyone.
  • freebyfifty
    No spend agai yesterday, we went Caroling with the church then I sat down and knitted two hipster hats and got halfway through a knitted rabbit for Christmas presents. I'm am running in the Santa Run in Greenwich Park today for my church. So I think I will be another day without spending for me. But for now can I add 8NSD IN A ROW :T:T

Oh well done :T
    What a shame you never put yourself down for the in-a-row challenge :( but you are doing brilliantly, keep going it's very addictive :)
    Free by Fifty
    Debt of the Moment -
  • WantToBeSE
    WantToBeSE Posts: 7,729 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Morning :)

NSD #7 today!
  • NSD5 in the bag for yesterday! Just spent the day on the sofa re-watching season 3 of '24'. I love a bit of Kiefer Sutherland! :p

The school reunion was a success. It was interesting to see everyone and find out what they are doing. If I said "I'm a primary school teacher" once, I must have said it 100 times! Pretty much just worked my way around the room having the exact same conversation.

Some people decided to go into town afterwards, but they were all pretty drunk (and I was driving, so stone-cold-sober), so I didn't bother joining them. It was 11:30 by this point, and I was thinking about the 30 minute drive still to do. A bit sad to leave the party, but I think it was the right call in the end. It's never that much fun being the sober one with a crowd of drunks! :beer:
    Because it's fun to have money!
    £0/£70 August GC
    £68.35/£70 July GC
    January-June 2019 = £356.94/£420
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business