Facebook

Options

Comments

• poohbear1
    poohbear1 Posts: 10,502 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It took me till this morning to verify my account from 11am yesterday, today I have not entered one L&S comp, I've done a few app comps and so far I've not had to verify my account again.
    JUNE: Wine - DVD :j
  • vwcampervan72
    vwcampervan72 Posts: 4,492 Forumite
    Options
    Well I'm not sending any of my personal information to f/b sorry if it does come to that the account will be closed,

No way am I sending data like DOB addresses photo etc to a social networking company in USA, never know whos hands it will end up in.
  • BlueBella
    BlueBella Posts: 10,371 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Well I'm not sending any of my personal information to f/b sorry if it does come to that the account will be closed,

No way am I sending data like DOB addresses photo etc to a social networking company in USA, never know whos hands it will end up in.

Yes, a few of my friends sent off their passport copies, id etc yesterday and have still not heard back! Sounds dodgy if you ask me!:eek:
    :TA big thanks to all who post and sprinkling lucky dust to all who enter :smileyhea
  • randomchiick
    randomchiick Posts: 1,088 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Ughh I'm getting "No verification methods are currently available. Please come back later." Bahhhhh
  • BlueBella
    BlueBella Posts: 10,371 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Ughh I'm getting "No verification methods are currently available. Please come back later." Bahhhhh

They have probably a backlog and their computers have crashed!:T
    :TA big thanks to all who post and sprinkling lucky dust to all who enter :smileyhea
  • zombieslayer25
    Options
    Well mine is now closed too. Oh well dont like FB anyway, Ive only been doing to enter comps. Looks like I will not be bothering with a load now. Or I might open a new one. <insert many swear words about FB here>

I dont like the idea of sending off stuff. I only got to verify people and no option for anything else to prove who I am. That's impossible if you see the same photo 3 times.
    Current Aims: Laptop/PC, decent money, holiday
    Best Wins: Ipad, Nintendo 3DS, £400 Shopping Spree at LK Bennett, £100 Boots vouchers
    Total Wins (Since April 2012) £3442.56
    Big thanks to all who post comps :T:beer:
  • tghe-retford
    Options
    I am closing mine down as well. I will not tolerate what they are doing. In my view, this is them trying to make life as difficult as possible to make the targeted individuals close their accounts or ban them, I suspect permanently in due time. Particularly more galling when they hide behind their "community guidelines" in order to give no particular pointer or justification as to what they are doing or the allegations made against individuals.

I am not giving them one further penny of advertising revenue and would urge others to do the same. This sort of behaviour by any company should not be tolerated.

The only way anyone affected by this issue is going to get anywhere near an answer from Facebook is to get this issue exposed in the press, not just the papers, but national TV such as the BBC, ITV and Sky. Not just the news either, although the news channels would be the best way to expose this issue, possibly BBC Watchdog too.
  • Lauzipop
    Lauzipop Posts: 82 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Baaaaa just been asked to verify my identity too. Not amused. :mad:
  • lfc4eva
    lfc4eva Posts: 1,619 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    :mad::mad: Also blocked for 30 days :mad::mad:

Karen x
  • tghe-retford