Legoland - Is it very busy during half term?

Options
Hi,

Looking to go to legoland next thursday while the kids are on half term.
Is it a good idea to go when the kids are off school?
Has anyone been this week, if so, is it too packed and did you have to wait ages for the rides?
thanks

Comments

• Rachie_B
    Rachie_B Posts: 8,785 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    i should imagine it'll be very busy from last week and for the rest of this month, until the kids go bk to school May 3rd

we are going next Sunday!

we have only ever been @ wkends though ,so used to the queues lol
  • susancs
    susancs Posts: 3,888 Forumite
    Options
    We have found it very busy in the school holidays unless it was raining. Worth getting there before 9.30am and they usually open the ticket barriers at that time and then waiting by the barrier by the sweet shop for opening at 10am. Run down and head to the back of the park-start by doing the shooting car ride in the pyramid bit, then race around to the boat and driving school as the queues for those are very long later on, then run around to the coaster rides. Things like the fairytale brook, train etc usually have reasonable queues. If you are planning to eat lunch do so by the lake area when the stunt show is on, so you don't waste time. If eating in the park there is a take away place with outdoor seating that overlooks this show area too.
  • iwannanicerlife
    Options
    We went yesterday and I was surprised that it was relatively quiet for the holiday period. The car park seemed quite busy on arrival but the park itself wasn't too bad at all. I think maybe the cooler weather and threat of rain may have put some people off.
  • Counting_Pennies_2
    Options
    You might find it very quiet if you go on the Royal Wedding Day if you aren't interested in the event!
  • ellay864
    ellay864 Posts: 3,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    The school holidays are really varied this Easter...my colleagues kids had their hols last week and this week, my son is next week and the week after. Generally though school holidays are never really quiet. I got lucky a couple of times when mine were younger as they had inset days at odd Mondays during the term so I went then
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure