Royal Mail Price Increases From 30th March

Options
Here is the PDF link for the Royal Mail Price increases from 30th March.

http://www.royalmail.com/sites/default/files/Royal-Mail-UK-and-international-parcel-and-letter-prices-30-March-2015.pdf

International seems to have gone up by quite a bit! :(

Comments

• ballisticbrian
    Options
    Wow, thank you for posting this. The introduction of Large Letters to international post is a good one for me and I anticipated it would happen after watching all the post office staff measuring airmail this year.
    Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.
  • Grimbal
    Grimbal Posts: 2,334 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

International seems to have gone up by quite a bit! :(

It does! LL to be seems almost the price of small parcel now. There's also quite a large price jump for intnl LL from under to over 100g :(
    "Science is a wonderful thing if one does not have to earn one's living at it" Einstein 1951
  • goodfella66
    Options
    Wow, thank you for posting this. The introduction of Large Letters to international post is a good one for me and I anticipated it would happen after watching all the post office staff measuring airmail this year.

Large Letter International is a lot cheaper if under 100g but appears to be about the same as now if over 100g.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,856 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 3 March 2015 at 6:19PM
    Options
    Nice to see the £2.80 2SP is staying up to 2Kg / exception size and they are moving that idea across to 2MP up to 2Kg and reducing the price to £4.89 from £5.20/1Kg & £8.00/2Kg.
  • Mayday
    Mayday Posts: 614 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    http://www.royalmail.com/sites/default/files/Royal-Mail-UK-and-international-parcel-and-letter-prices-30-March-2015.pdf

in short:

The price of a 1st Class stamp will increase by 1p to 63p

The price of a 2nd Class stamp will increase by 1p to 54p

The price of a 1st Class Large Letter stamp will rise to 95p and a 2nd Class Large Letter to 74p.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-31660724

Also note there is now International LL rate :(
  • martindow
    martindow Posts: 10,218 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    There is a thread with replies already running

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5185702

Perhaps the board guides could combine these.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,204 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Merged for clarity.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • RFW
    RFW Posts: 10,020 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I think the only bad advice I've ever seen on this site is to buy stamps now to save money for Christmas. If you send 10,000 Christmas cards you could spend £5,300 now and not £5,400 in December. You can use the extra £100 to pay for insurance on all those stamps you've got;)
  • Contains_Mild_Peril
    Options
    Yeah, not really worth doing when the increase is only 1p, but some years they've had much steeper increases which would have made stockpiling stamps a wise move.
  • Kernow666
    Kernow666 Posts: 3,480 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Yeah, not really worth doing when the increase is only 1p, but some years they've had much steeper increases which would have made stockpiling stamps a wise move.

stockpiling stamps to save money :rotfl:
    "If I know I'm going crazy, I must not be insane"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family