Tuesday 4th December - What small DFW things will you do today?!

Comments

• Asiacat
    Asiacat Posts: 163 Forumite
    Evening from Thailand.

1. Collected 1100 baht loan repayment from a small business owner who borrowed money off me to meet annual charges. The principle
    has now been paid completely so this is interest or free money.

2. No work today so a good opportunity to catch up on my reading.

3. Sent an email to a debtor who borrowed 5000 baht from me in June (100 pounds) and still hasn't repaid me. He is now in the USA and I don't think I will get my money back:mad: but I do like to let him know I haven't forgotten about it. He usually ignores my emails but I get a quick response when I post details of his deceit on his facebook wall..

4. Confirmed that I have the day off tomorrow (Kings birthday - National Holiday) so will spend the whole day working on my house to get it as I want it.

5. Am off to one of the bars downtown after this where they have a birthday celebration and free food laid on so no need to pay for an evening meal.
  • mummybearx
    mummybearx Posts: 1,921 Forumite
    allydowd wrote: »
    Got any cat litter? That works too.

Oh, you have a dog, maybe you haven't also got a cat...
    Nope, just got the two dogs :) Next door have two cats though, wonder if they have any spare litter?
    [QUOTE=carrielovesfanta;57700393

Also thanks to zepsgal for the zip foot tip from yesterday for me. I never got round to looking at the machine (hectic day in work) but hopefully will tonight.

Didn't quite make the dinner from stores last night because OH insisted on fresh pasta from tesco because it cooks in about 5 mins. Little miffed because he was at home from 5 and could have made dinner already by the time he picked me up at 7 :cool:
    [/QUOTE]

Good luck with the sewing foot!
    DH was off college all day yesterday (his lecturer was snowed in!) I came in from work at 6.10pm and he had only just taken some meat out of the freezer :mad: !!!!!!?!?!
    Pernicious wrote: »

I didn't post yesterday as I was providing moral support to a friend at her Dad's funeral :( & then I was too tired in the evening to do so, will catch up the thread in a mo.

Zepsgal - Pics of your pup please, I am a sucker for all things cute & fluffy!
    That was really nice of you Pernicious, must have been a tough day for you all :(

Erm, not sure how to upload pics on here??
    Can't think of anything smart to put here...
  • Thank you allydowd :-) wow, didn't notice the x400, think I may be tempted to go with that one :-) double nectar points too thank you :-) xx

DFW things I've done today

checked online banking, it's not looking good but usually I don't even peek so at least I have the opportunity to make things a little better before its too late :)

Today will be a NSD and DH has left his wallet at home too so he can't ruin it either :) yay.

Checked my nectar points balance, we have over £19 worth :), I always forget I have the card and have never checked before so will definitely be making more use of this, I've attached it to my ebay account now too, will be hoping to use it towards our christmas shop!

Making a list for tomorrow, DH has taken the day off tomorrow to come to my midwife appointment (I'm really nervous, last time they couldn't feel his head, in fact he last two times!) so I'm worrying he is breech and scared about CS, having him there will hopefully be my lucky charm and baby will let us know where he is, I feel kicks and punches everywhere so I have no clue :() anyway after the midwife appointment we said we would get some crimbo bits and get everything ready for my hospital bag, I'm making a list so I don't stray!

And now I'm going to go and enter some compies :), not had much luck this year, but still have a few more weeks to go for that to change. Have a lovely day everyone xx
    2017 wins so far: Diddly squat :(
    Make £10 a day in February - £16.05/£280
  • Grrrrrrr - just had a bit of a disaster :(

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=57701917&postcount=1107

Could've done without having to buy a new iron at this time of year .......all my own fault too!:mad:

I will be finding a different place for the new one to go!
    Grocery Challenge £211/£455 (01/01-31/03)
    2016 Sell: £125/£250
    £1,000 Emergency Fund Challenge #78 £3.96 / £1,000
    Vet Fund: £410.93 / £1,000
    Debt free & determined to stay that way!
  • Grrrrrrr - just had a bit of a disaster :(

Could've done without having to buy a new iron at this time of year .......all my own fault too!:mad:

RFTA is it worth looking at free cycle or asking on your local fb selling group as you may get one cheap or free just to tide you over?
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 4 December 2012 at 6:12PM
    Grrrrrrr - just had a bit of a disaster :(

List of shops at Glasgow Fort: Link There's an Asda there too I think.

Or this iron in Tesco for £5. Link
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • allydowd

* I don't know why but I still dread having to phone my bank - is that me, or is everyone like that when they are / have been in debt?

Don't dread speaking to us; we bank employees are human too and (mostly) friendly. ;)
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • ziggy2407
    ziggy2407 Posts: 4,077 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Good Evening my lovelies

dnms - Thanks for starting us off. Are you enjoying your sewing classes and what are you making?

Hi to all the regulars and welcome to any lurkers and newbies :wave:, you've joined a FAB supportive thread.

Todays little list

Check Banks - Done
    Check swapits - Done
    Morrisons shop - Done
    Collect items ordered/reserved @ Argos & Tesco - Done
    Check Postcode on www.freepostcodelottery.com - Done
    Work (11.30-1.30) - Done (2.15 finish)
    Wrap few Christmas pressies - Done (todays batch)
    General Tidy round - Done
    Meals from stores - Done
    Update Christmas List and see whats left to get -
    Chase up work for password so I can access my payslip -
    Investigate selling knitting mags & books for mum -
    Update Food Tracker - in progress (35lb, so far)
    Comps -
    Read - in progress
    Knit -

Hope you have all had a great day, love to you all :A

C xx
    Goodreads 2024 Challenge: 30/80
    Goodreads 2023 Challenge: 77/52

• rising_from_the_ashes
    rising_from_the_ashes Posts: 12,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Home Insurance Hacker! Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 4 December 2012 at 7:09PM
    List of shops at Glasgow Fort: Link There's an Asda there too I think.

Ooooppssss :o sorry Ally I'm in the east - known locally here as The Fort http://www.fortkinnaird.co.uk/index.html
    Or this iron in Tesco for £5. Link

Funnily enough I have been looking at the value ones - saw one for £3.99 somewhere - you can certainly get things a lot cheaper than you used to!

If anyone needs a hand blender, I bought a s/price one in As*da a couple of months ago for £4 odd and - it's great!:T

They may not last as long but at those sorts of prices, you really can't complain.
    jonno7 wrote: »
    RFTA is it worth looking at free cycle or asking on your local fb selling group as you may get one cheap or free just to tide you over?

Ohhh hadn't thought of that - TBH I'd be struggling to collect it as still not driving much (had 2nd outing today to OH appt and have to say I'm unfortunately absolutely shattered:o).

I have to go to the hospital on Friday & it's literally a 5 min detour to a T*esco Direct store so will pop in then!:T
    Don't dread speaking to us; we bank employees are human too and (mostly) friendly. ;)

:o It's just the thought of it ..... maybe me being irrational but it brings back memories of all the demand letters I used to get! ETA and I did get a comment about my OD ..... and reminded that I've been pre-approved for a loan (which I politely declined!)
    Grocery Challenge £211/£455 (01/01-31/03)
    2016 Sell: £125/£250
    £1,000 Emergency Fund Challenge #78 £3.96 / £1,000
    Vet Fund: £410.93 / £1,000
    Debt free & determined to stay that way!
  • allydowd
    :o It's just the thought of it ..... maybe me being irrational but it brings back memories of all the demand letters I used to get! ETA and I did get a comment about my OD ..... and reminded that I've been pre-approved for a loan (which I politely declined!)

Many banking staff are required to hit sales targets and that often means they will mention an overdraft review or offer a loan to every customer who could be eligible for such things. It's not that they're having a moan at you; it's that they have a target to hit!:o
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure