OnePoll

Comments

• Sorry, but surveys most certainly do slow right down when you get near to payout. This is the third time i have managed to get to 40 pounds and it took weeks to go from 39 to 40.
    Most days you get at least 5-6 surveys, but on reaching 39 you get nothing. maybe the odd comp survey or one you get screened out of.
    Dont know why they are doing it, maybe they think people will get fed up and not claim the money or maybe a way of holding on to cash long as possible for cash flow reasons. Dont know but its very annoying. they are also very slow at at paying out at moment.
    If you read the facebook page a lot of people are very unhappy with them at the moment.
  • geordie_joe
    geordie_joe Posts: 9,112 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Sorry, but surveys most certainly do slow right down when you get near to payout.

If this were true there would be hundreds, if not thousands of people in here agreeing with you.

If you read the facebook page a lot of people are very unhappy with them at the moment.

I looked at it and wouldn't say there was a lot, hardly any when compared to the number of members they have.

Maybe they are just picking on you, and one or two others?
  • If this were true there would be hundreds, if not thousands of people in here agreeing with you.

I looked at it and wouldn't say there was a lot, hardly any when compared to the number of members they have.

Maybe they are just picking on you, and one or two others?

interesting thought, but dont think so!
    by the way its not just that surveys stop when you get near payout, but also people are not getting paid!!
    Some people have been waiting much longer than the 28 days that one poll say is the maximum.
    Also they are not listing comp winners.
    Fine if everythings been ok for you, but sorry to say thats not my experience of one poll recently or of others on facebook.
  • Sorry, but surveys most certainly do slow right down when you get near to payout. This is the third time i have managed to get to 40 pounds and it took weeks to go from 39 to 40.

It took me 8 days to go from ~£39 to >£40 last time, and 2 of those days where weekends with no surveys so one could argue it only took 6 days.
  • geordie_joe
    geordie_joe Posts: 9,112 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    interesting thought, but dont think so!
    by the way its not just that surveys stop when you get near payout, but also people are not getting paid!!
    Some people have been waiting much longer than the 28 days that one poll say is the maximum.
    Also they are not listing comp winners.
    Fine if everythings been ok for you, but sorry to say thats not my experience of one poll recently or of others on facebook.

I don't doubt what you are saying, but you seem to be claiming it is happening to everyone when clearly it is not.

Yes, surveys have slowed for you and a few others, and a few haven't been paid, but the numbers are very small compared to the number of users. If that happened to everyone there would be a lot more complaints.

As I posted earlier, I sailed through the £40 mark with no slow down of surveys. A slight hickup when there were enough surveys to take me over the £40 mark, but I got screened out of one and ended the day on £39.95. But I completed a 10p survey the next day and claimed my money.
  • elliesmemory1
    elliesmemory1 Posts: 1,274 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 19 December 2011 at 8:44AM
    No , I didnt say its happening to everyone. I said it took me 4 weeks to go fro 39 to 40 pounds, this experience from readiing the one poll face book page is becoming common. Also there are quite a few people on there complaining that they have waited well over 28 days for payment.
    The other problem is that one poll have not updated the competition results page since the summer and yet they are still posting comp surveys so if you do them how do you know if you have won?
    also one poll have very poor customer service, they hardley ever reply to emails and if they do its just a general reply.
    There has been one reply from a one poll admin person on here, where have they gone?
    They are makiing the excuse of waiting for paypal to clear funds, but people are waiting for bacs payments too so I dont know what thats got to do with paypal?

Im glad you have no problems with one poll, but Im afraid I do have problems and as previously mentioned there are other people posting on facebook of the problems they are having too, I dont know how many people I have not counted them, but its not just one or two!

Ive been a member of one poll for some time and have had payouts before but not had these problems dont know whats going on with them but its not good.
    Even if its not many people having problems with payouts etc surely thats too many? especialy if you are one of them!
    I feel its right to let others know of any problems, surely thats the point of this forum?
    One poll also have the chance to post on here if they wish.
  • There are problems with BACS payments for OnePoll Cashback too. I was advised that a BACS payment had been made on a certain date but no sign of it in my bank 2 weeks later. When I queried this via online ticket, I was told that BACS payments take 10 working days! This is nonsense and just a delay tactic as clearly no payment had been made. I received it in my bank 23 days after date showing it had been paid by BACS. Also, they delayed payment to start with by switching status from 'pending' to 'reversed' on very date payment due after I had waited 6 months. I had a very long-winded battle to receive due payment and the rudest customer service ever.

Once (if) I get to £40 I'm finished with them.
    “Rain drops are not the ones who bring the clouds.”
  • mags41
    mags41 Posts: 24 Forumite
    jaygray wrote: »
    I realise this might not be the right place to post this entry, but - on the subject of 'dubious practices'...

I finally got to the £40 payout and requested payment on 14th November. In the past, I have always received the £40 within just a few days. I'm now at 25 days after my request, and am a bit concerned. Has anyone else noticed them being very slow to pay at the moment?

Thanks. :santa2:

If you look at One Poll's Facebook page you'll find many many people who are unhappy with the length of time One Poll are taking to pay out.

One Poll added this message today "We are awaiting PayPal to clear funds for us (sometimes there is a delay and we believer Christmas is a factor here), however all payments have been logged and will be made as soon as possible. Thanks, OnePoll"

I think they are just fobbing people off because Pinecone pay me via PayPal within 24 hours of doing a survey and when I request a payment from Crowdology it's in my PayPal account within minutes. People who requested their payment via BACS have not been paid either. OnePoll also have competition surveys, and they haven't announced the names of winners since September.

I suspect they are having money problems, which would explain why it takes people so long to hit the £40 target once they have reached £39.
  • Yes, Im still waiting to be paid, disapointing as could do with it before christmas, but what can you do?
  • mags41 wrote: »
    I suspect they are having money problems, which would explain why it takes people so long to hit the £40 target once they have reached £39.

I just graphed a 7 day rolling earnings rate for my history with OnePoll. The amount earned in any given 7 day period varies between about 10p (once) and £3 (several times), and generally seems to be between £1 and £1.50. And in my experience there's no particular correlation between earnings rate and balance ...

I'm not disputing that some people may have issues, but clearly there are more than a few of us that have no problems at all.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure