PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Super Scrimpers

Comments

• spike7451
    spike7451 Posts: 6,944 Forumite
    Watching it now on Sky+...I spend about £20 a fortnight on my food,heck I spend more on Daisy cat's food ect than me!lol..Yes a lot of it's value but I don't throw much away.I have a couple ice cream tubs in the freezer that I bung in leftover's I've cooked & not eaten.
    A few years ago I was away with the army & we went to the Torquea beach for a day,it was scorching hot & we all bought these beach mats,reflective on one side.Well that is now behind the radiator in the living room,reflective side out!
  • MandM90
    MandM90 Posts: 2,246 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    spike7451 wrote: »
    Watching it now on Sky+...I spend about £20 a fortnight on my food,heck I spend more on Daisy cat's food ect than me!lol..Yes a lot of it's value but I don't throw much away.I have a couple ice cream tubs in the freezer that I bung in leftover's I've cooked & not eaten.
    A few years ago I was away with the army & we went to the Torquea beach for a day,it was scorching hot & we all bought these beach mats,reflective on one side.Well that is now behind the radiator in the living room,reflective side out!

We have a Daisy cat too :p

I've signed up to get daily moneysaving challenges. I'm not sure if there will be anything new but may be fun?

http://revolution.channel4.com/stop-wasting-money/pledge
  • sile001
    sile001 Posts: 94 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    I'm just watching it on C4+1
    Debt-Free as of 12th September 2017

£[STRIKE]12,000[/STRIKE] > £0

:beer::j
  • debtmess
    debtmess Posts: 711 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Just watching it now, that food waste is simply crazy !

I could do the shop on £50 just its a bit tougher than it used to be as youngest son now has to follow a dairy free diet.

They seemed clueless with there shopping really alot more could have been brought for £50 or maybe im too used to the basic's range
    Debt free :beer:

Married 15/02/14:D
  • tiff wrote: »
    They spend £200 a week on food/groceries. Something should have told her before now that was way over the top!

If someone is throwing away £50 of food per week on a regular basis & can't work out that it means they need to buy less then I guess there's not much point hoping for them to have enough common sense to work out how to do it.
  • spike7451
    Watching the bit about cut price manicures & she's using sticky tape to do stripes on nails,as a model maker I'd reccomend you use Tamiya masking tape...Yes it's more expensive than normal scotch tape but it lasts for ages & wont pull the underlying paint off.
    Comes in varying thicknesses & can be bought cheaper from modeling hobby shops.

http://www.relishmodels.co.uk/tamiya-masking-tape-refill-6mm.html
  • MandM90
    MandM90 Posts: 2,246 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Ashamed to say I used to spend upwards of 80 a month on manicures and pedicures. Now I just DIY. At first I really missed getting it done but now I've got so much better at it I can't believe I ever wasted the money. Plus it's nice to have my real nails and not icky false ones; just takes a little more TLC.
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    I've said it before but Mrs M looks a bloody mess:eek::eek:Love the nail ideas though:D:D
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • spike7451
    MandM90 wrote: »
    Ashamed to say I used to spend upwards of 80 a month on manicures and pedicures. Now I just DIY. At first I really missed getting it done but now I've got so much better at it I can't believe I ever wasted the money. Plus it's nice to have my real nails and not icky false ones; just takes a little more TLC.

Mand,
    If you want some funky colors,again have a look in model shops,you can buy tubs of Acrylic water based paints in dayglo,clear & other colors that'll last for ages.If you're going to buy them,get the Revell ones as opposed to Humbrol,they give a flatter finish.
  • I love this show, but I guess it isn't really aimed at the likes of us professional scrimpers! lol. I really wish Mrs Moneypenny would ditch that awful orange hat, not every money wise women dress so daft you know...
    -2lbs

Goal: lose 7lbs
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family