solar eclipse glasses

Does anyone know where I can buy solar eclipse glasses from in what site?

I want to buy the glasses that are safe to use it when the solar eclipse arrive in the UK on 20th March.

I know it is too early to buy the glasses, but I want to take my own time to find the right one that are suitable and safe to use it. I won't buy the glasses on ebay just in case they could selling fake.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• chris0147 wrote: »

I want to buy the glasses that are safe to use it when the solar eclipse arrive in the UK on 20th March.

I know it is too early to buy the glasses, but I want to take my own time to find the right one that are suitable and safe to use it. I won't buy the glasses on ebay just in case they could selling fake.

Thanks in advance

Just type "Solar Eclipse Glasses" in your search engine of choice and you will find numerous sites.
  • EricMears
    EricMears Posts: 3,232 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    chris0147 wrote: »
    Just pop into your local engineers' suppliers and buy a pair of 'welding goggles'. I'm sure they'd do the job just as well (probably better) and be rather cheaper than anything some cowboy has brought out specially for a once in a decade event.

Or you could even do what viewers were suggested to do half a century ago and smoke your own glass with a candle flame (though it's hard to judge exactly how much to smoke it and hazardous if you get it wrong).
    NE Derbyshire.4kWp S Facing 17.5deg slope (dormer roof).24kWh of Pylontech batteries with Lux controller BEV : Hyundai Ioniq5
  • Mojisola
    Mojisola Posts: 35,557 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    There's some safe ideas here -
    http://www.exploratorium.edu/eclipse/how.html
  • chris0147
    chris0147 Posts: 357 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    does anyone know??????
  • groovyf
    groovyf Posts: 286 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    They'd do just fine, but as it states they don't know when they'll get stock in, you'll have to look elsewhere.
    4kWp system (Feb 2014) : 1.5 SW, 2.5 NE (16x Bisol BMO/250, Aurora Power-One UNO PVI-3.6 Inverter : pvoutput.org/list.jsp?id=29935
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure