Has anyone fitted a GEO 2 solar bridge

I've set up the GEO monitor and I dont know that it's working properly (as it's nighttime!) but it looks okay.

I've connected up the bridge and tried to connect to monitor as per instructions but I'm not getting the little cloud on the screen or a code to put into the website.

Any suggestions. Does the monitor need to be really close to the router as its in the same room but quite a way away. I'd appreciate any help.

Comments

• JimLad
    JimLad Posts: 949 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Our monitor is over the side of the house to the bridge so distance is not your issue.

Our panel installers set ours up so I cant offer much other help sorry!
    Mortgage Free 22/03/17
    MissWillow is my OH!
  • I set one of these up the other day. When you plug in the bridge you need to push a tiny little black button on the bridge which prompts the display unit to show the code you need to input into the website. I set mine up in the dark too but it did work.
    4kW PV System installed 21/2/12: Aurora Power One 3.6 Inverter
    11x 250w panels West; 5x 250 panels East.
    On course for 19.8% ROI in Year 1.
    Immersun installed 13/9/12
  • Thanks Hobbo2006. I ended up having to ring the helpline as id tried all that and everything in the book. On a plusnote the helpline was really good so that bodes well.

Do you know by any chance what goes into the microgeneration tariff section is that your fit tariff, your rate with your electricity provider or something else?
  • Yes. You put in your system capacity (mine is 4kW) then whatever your FIT amount is.

So FIT+(Exp/2)

where FIT is in pence per kWh and Exp is your export tariff. Divided by two if yours is estimated at 50%, like most are.

Thanks,

Rich
    4kW PV System installed 21/2/12: Aurora Power One 3.6 Inverter
    11x 250w panels West; 5x 250 panels East.
    On course for 19.8% ROI in Year 1.
    Immersun installed 13/9/12
  • Hobbo2006 wrote: »
    Yes. You put in your system capacity (mine is 4kW) then whatever your FIT amount is.

So FIT+(Exp/2)

where FIT is in pence per kWh and Exp is your export tariff. Divided by two if yours is estimated at 50%, like most are.

Thanks,

Rich

Thanks thats what I thought but it wasnt clear so I thought I would check :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure