Money off coupon 'chat' thread

Comments

• s4mmy
    s4mmy Posts: 640 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    I bought a couple of bottles of Comfort Pure Concentrate today in Tesco -£1 and they accepted the 75p coupon
    hth
  • Issyc
    Issyc Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    What has happened on here? There aren't any new posts.
  • mickey.p
    mickey.p Posts: 216 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Issyc wrote: »
    What has happened on here? There aren't any new posts.

Thats what I was thinking!

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
  • xazvia
    xazvia Posts: 13 Forumite
    I guess that's so's simple folk like me can log into a thread and quickly and easily find what we are looking for instead of having to wade through reams of non-related posts. In this particular case I would expect to see coupon-related posts and not a thread that is so clogged up with general banter that I cannot find what I'm looking for - short of spending valuable time reading through posts which really should be on another thread. Sorry if this offends anyone but it is my own feeling.
  • RootedNomad
    RootedNomad Posts: 3,514 Forumite
    xazvia wrote: »
    I guess that's so's simple folk like me can log into a thread and quickly and easily find what we are looking for instead of having to wade through reams of non-related posts. In this particular case I would expect to see coupon-related posts and not a thread that is so clogged up with general banter that I cannot find what I'm looking for - short of spending valuable time reading through posts which really should be on another thread. Sorry if this offends anyone but it is my own feeling.

I do understand that point of view and that lots of folk are short of time, but there is only a coupon thread beause lots of peeps regularly contribute their finds and comment on how to get the best advantage from using the coupons. Without that helpful community of contributors, this will dwindle and dry up and there will be nothing for you to just log on to quickly and easily find. If everyone is in the "short of time" category and just logs on to print and run, then we will all be a bit stuffed.

Successful and thriving threads are that way because of a "community" that supports them, and if we have to "wade through" a bit of pleasant chat to pick up valuable money-saving coupons, then that seems a very reasonable pay-off to me. MT does a good job of highlighting the important changes for the skim-readers, so I am really not sure what the problem was.

Please don't be put off from posting everyone - it would be very sad if this thread becomes a vehicle to cater only for those who want everything on a plate as then there will be no new coupons to replace the existing ones as they expire!
  • I do understand that point of view and that lots of folk are short of time, but there is only a coupon thread beause lots of peeps regularly contribute their finds and comment on how to get the best advantage from using the coupons. Without that helpful community of contributors, this will dwindle and dry up and there will be nothing for you to just log on to quickly and easily find. If everyone is in the "short of time" category and just logs on to print and run, then we will all be a bit stuffed.

Successful and thriving threads are that way because of a "community" that supports them, and if we have to "wade through" a bit of pleasant chat to pick up valuable money-saving coupons, then that seems a very reasonable pay-off to me. MT does a good job of highlighting the important changes for the skim-readers, so I am really not sure what the problem was.

Please don't be put off from posting everyone - it would be very sad if this thread becomes a vehicle to cater only for those who want everything on a plate as then there will be no new coupons to replace the existing ones as they expire!

I totally agree. As a newcomer to couponing, it has been the 'chat' on how to get the best from my coupons that has been as educational as getting the coupons, I just don't have the time to read an only chat thread as well.

I do feel like the thread will lose something if all the chat has gone, not as welcoming and a bit dull.

Hope I've not offended anyone, just one newbie's view.
  • I decided to open a new FB account for my coupons so I don't clog up my pals walls with lots of posts they won't care about (I hate all the game stuff coming up on mine) and as a result have got more £1 coupons from Unilever and Andrex 90p one.

My query is, is that allowed, or should I not use them. I have used the ones on my personal account, but don't want to break the rules.

TIA
  • I decided to open a new FB account for my coupons so I don't clog up my pals walls with lots of posts they won't care about (I hate all the game stuff coming up on mine) and as a result have got more £1 coupons from Unilever and Andrex 90p one.

My query is, is that allowed, or should I not use them. I have used the ones on my personal account, but don't want to break the rules.

TIA

be careful with the unilever one a few have had multiple accounts on the same computer and have found not just their coupon account but also their personal facebook account closed down
    What Goes Around Come Around
  • slbhill
    slbhill Posts: 5,441 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I decided to open a new FB account for my coupons so I don't clog up my pals walls with lots of posts they won't care about (I hate all the game stuff coming up on mine) and as a result have got more £1 coupons from Unilever and Andrex 90p one.

TIA

It's against Facebook terms & conditions to have more than one account. Quite a few people on the competitions board do something similar - and some have been caught. If Facebook notice they have been known to delete both accounts. That's not to say there aren't plenty of people doing similar things, but you need to decide if you're willing to risk your "real" account.

For the vouchers you'd need to read the individual T&C to be sure whether it's an issue - I suspect getting a 2nd coupon via a 2nd account is not what they had in mind but some are "one per email address" which isn't much of a limit in these days of freemail!
  • braveheart60uk
    braveheart60uk Posts: 3,119 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 5 February 2012 at 12:31PM
    Untitled-1.jpg

In Tesco they are selling 12 roll of andrex with free andrex washlets, I bought both, used 90p off washlets voucher and then submitted to Tesco Price Compare.

It worked, washleys Mr T £1.88 , Mrs A £1.00, toilet roll did not compare, so I managed to get both for a net figure of £5.00 less 90p, less 88p = £3.22, not too bad IMHO,

Now thinking of using my last £5 off £40 shop to get 8 rolls and 8 washlets and use 8 of washlets 50p voucher and use price compare, should make it £3.00 for 12 loo rolls and a pack of washlets, not too bad :-)

Also went into Morrisons yesterday and bought the rustler subs at £2 each and £2,50 for two. Operar=tor called manager and he authorised taking off £2, so 2 subs for 50p as previous poster stated.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure