Benefit Enquiry Line and Missing JSA Payments

Options
I was supposed to get my JSA yesterday but it failed to go into the bank. I rang the Benefit Enquiry line yesterday morning (0845 6002612) and they told me it was because my evidence hadn't been put on the system (seems to happen alot at my job centre), and they would email the job centre who would call me back. Well it got to 1 and I rang back the enquiry line and it busy 10 minutes later I hung up then again at 2, 3, and 5. Tried it again this morning and still busy, is there a big problem with payment causing this mass of phonecalls or is it just a problem with the phone number?

Comments

• Galore82
    Options
    Personal independence payment
    0844-414-8605

ATOS Healthcare
    0844-414-8603

Disability living allowance
    0844-414-8613

Pension DWP
    0844-414-8615

Citizens Advice
    0844-414-8619

Working tax credit
    0844-414-8609

Care Allowance Unit
    0345 608 4321

Benefit fraud
    0800 854 440

JSA Claims
    0844-414-8621

ESA Claims
    0345-806-8545

Child benefits
    0844-414-8623

New claims 0800 055 6688
  • MarilynMosby
    Options
    The Job seeker Allowance is sanctioned for a period of time only. The payment within this period can be desisted due to the violation of the agreements that you were liable to carry out as a JSA receiver. Also if your JSA has been stopped and you are facing troubles due to that you can apply for ‘Hardship Funds’ which is the reduced form of JSA amount.Here's the dedicated contact number for JSA – 0870 174 7010.
  • Diary
    Diary Posts: 591 Forumite
    Options
    If you're sure you haven't been sanctioned, and they wouldn't necessarily tell you, then another option is to revisit your job centre and ask why your evidence wasn't put on the system.

The call centre is not useful for anything but the simplest of calls which you're isn't. If you can't go to your job centre phone them back and ask (insist) for a call back from the benefits delivery centre.
    If this doesn't work and don't get your hopes up complain loudly in writing to your local job centres address.
    Master Apothecary Faranell replied, “I assure you, overseer, the Royal Apothecary Society dearly wishes to make up for the tragic misguidance which ended so many lives. We will cause you no trouble. We seek only to continue our research in peace".
  • NYM
    NYM Posts: 4,066 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    :D This is a very old thread that MarilynMosby resurrected for some odd reason...
  • Diary
    Diary Posts: 591 Forumite
    edited 10 February 2016 at 5:04PM
    Options
    Ahhhh...I should have checked.
    Master Apothecary Faranell replied, “I assure you, overseer, the Royal Apothecary Society dearly wishes to make up for the tragic misguidance which ended so many lives. We will cause you no trouble. We seek only to continue our research in peace".
  • Ian011
    Ian011 Posts: 2,432 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 14 February 2016 at 1:01AM
    Options
    The Job seeker Allowance is sanctioned for a period of time only. The payment within this period can be desisted due to the violation of the agreements that you were liable to carry out as a JSA receiver. Also if your JSA has been stopped and you are facing troubles due to that you can apply for ‘Hardship Funds’ which is the reduced form of JSA amount.Here's the dedicated contact number for JSA – 0870 174 ****.
    The above number is not an official number for JSA. It is a Call Connection Service run by a third-party. It's a premium rate number with a 13p per minute Service Charge which goes to the connection service. Calls to this number cost up to 25p per minute from landlines or up to 58p per minute from mobiles. Calls to the official JSA 03 number are inclusive from landlines and from mobiles, else charged at 'geographic rate' - the same as for 01 and 02.

On 26 December 2013, the Cabinet Office published guidance for government departments and their agencies and other public services advising them to swap their 084 and 087 lines over to cheaper 03 numbers.

All 084, 087 and 09 numbers are premium rate. The premium is the additional Service Charge paid to the benefit of the called party and their telecoms provider.

Most public services have swapped their 084 or 087 lines over to the matching 034 or 037 number, else adopted a new 0300 number. Check their official website for the correct 03 numbers to call.
  • paragon909
    paragon909 Posts: 1,498 Forumite
    Options
    Yet again this thread has been bumped.... People really need to start looking at the dates of threads before posting, And posting old phone numbers that don't get used. DWP have moved to 0345 numbers.

You seem to keep bumping this post....
  • NYM
    NYM Posts: 4,066 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    You really shouldn't resurrect old threads especially one that doesn't relate to your query.

It might be best if you started your own thread. :)

Just in case you don't want to...if you've already been advised to write then that's what you should do. Send it *signed for* so you'll have some proof that you requested the information.
  • Mersey_2
    Mersey_2 Posts: 1,679 Forumite
    Options
    Yes. Marilyn resurrected it after years and then started talking about sanctions.

The OP just hadn't received payment because a JCP staff member hadn't pressed a button!
    Please be polite to OPs and remember this is a site for Claimants and Appellants to seek redress against their bank, ex-boss or retailer. If they wanted morality or the view of the IoD or Bank they'd ask them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure