£2012 in 2012

Comments

• shackalak
    shackalak Posts: 111 Forumite
    I like the idea of a blackboard outside the house for eggs. I hadn't thought of that one - even if it just covers the cost of feed. We've got five ladies too (one lays regular double-yolked eggs). We thought we'd easily get through the eggs with five of us in the house but they are gradually starting to build up now - great for baking though! - sorry crimson.addict, i'm quite a way from Derby.

We're making a real effort with our polytunnel this year too, so hope to save a few quid by growing our own veg this year. I'll have to remember to add those savings to the pot.
    I've worked in the Financial Services industry for the last 25 years. When posting on this forum I am not providing any financial advice or representing anyone but simply posting my own personal views. Always make sure you seek suitable Financial Advice from an authorised professional based on your own personal needs and objectives.
  • double yoke eggs are amazing. not had one since i was younger. you are a lucky lady :) and thank you for replying, even if you are miles away :)
    Sealed Pot Challenge member #071 VSP #4
    £723.44(SPC5) - £753.77(SPC6) - £857.19(SPC7) - £1,632.19(SPC8) - £2,707.15(SPC9) - £2,950.30(SPC10) - £0(SPC11)...so far

I love LC2 and Jakes-Mum :rotfl:
    Star's from Sue :staradmin x28
    CC Debt
    - £2,927.14 Savings - EF - £4,797.21/£5,000 - H2B - £4,691.03/£12,000
  • I've signed up for a load of survey sites, am in the process of sending off some books to Zapper and webuy books - got an amazing £25.00 - even more amazingb that they were all destined for the Charity Shop! The Charity Shop did get a load, that were of no use to the above, so I don't feel so guilty lol.

Got £23.45 in topcashback which I only started a few days ago, so off to a flying start!

Have some stuff I need to get on Ebay when I get my bum into gear too, and have just opened a savings account with my bank to put all my earnings into!
    St. Francis said: “A man who uses his hands is a laborer. One who uses his hands and mind is a craftsman. He who uses his hands, and his mind, and his heart is an artist.”
  • dbt3mummy
    dbt3mummy Posts: 199 Forumite
    shackalak wrote: »
    I like the idea of a blackboard outside the house for eggs. I hadn't thought of that one - even if it just covers the cost of feed. We've got five ladies too (one lays regular double-yolked eggs). We thought we'd easily get through the eggs with five of us in the house but they are gradually starting to build up now - great for baking though! - sorry crimson.addict, i'm quite a way from Derby.

We're making a real effort with our polytunnel this year too, so hope to save a few quid by growing our own veg this year. I'll have to remember to add those savings to the pot.

I've got 2 greenhouses, a strawberry bed and other raised beds for veg! Last summer I was forever giving stuff away and making tons of jam and chutney - well this year I am planning to sell everything we don't need in its raw state - - I'd love to sell my jams and chutneys but would mean getting the kitchen licensed and other food handling courses. For time being I'm going to have to make do.

I have Riverford deliveries twice a month in the winter once we've eaten through everything we've managed to freeze. I've got 2 punnets of strawberries left in my freezer so going to pop to the shop later and find some white chocolate and filo pasty to make strudel for hubby's pre birthday meal!

So far this month I've spent about £60 on food shopping! A family of 3. Running everything down so there is nothing going to waste! Freezer is still quite well packed so I think I could stretch to the end of the month with our Riverford delivery next week.

Being at home most days with the animals and daughter really gets me thinking about what I can do to save more, and we aren't skrimping by either!
    Cabot (0%) left to pay £2455 let the overpayments commence! :D
  • nomi01
    nomi01 Posts: 463 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Hi, this is my first post on the forum. I have been getting money saving emails for a while, but thought it was time to put it into action. I love the idea of saving this way and would like to give it a go.
    I have been thinking about doing some of the online surveys but feel a bit weary about it all.
    Anyway, I will list any savings I can remember making this year.
    Earned £102.80 in overtime.
    Saved £30 buying 6x persil when on offer in sainsburys.
    Saved £4.96 buying 2x 24o teabags on offer in sainsburys.
    Counted up all the bits of change in a jar and there was £25.03
    Saved approx £7 on multibuys when shopping (mislayed the receipt)
    £2012 in 2012 £169.79/£2012.
    Going to try my first sale on ebay at the weekend too.
    🎄PAYDBXMAS21 #11  £11,300/£11300
    Target met.
    💥PAYDBXMAS22  #11 £5000/£5000 target met.
    PAYDBXMAS23 #26 £5000/£5000 paid

• sherbie wrote: »
    any news on ure lil un? i really hope shes doing better now. :o

Hard to tell - she's still got a healthy appetite, but is on the soft baby food as she can't hold stuff in her paws. She fell in her food last night so this morning I had to give her a bath as she was completely orange! She's moving around quite alot, but still weak. Hopefully the antibiotics will kick in soon and fight back whatever infection she'd got.
    £2012 in 2012 member #15: £651.55/£2012
  • sherbie
    sherbie Posts: 775 Forumite
    Hard to tell - she's still got a healthy appetite, but is on the soft baby food as she can't hold stuff in her paws. She fell in her food last night so this morning I had to give her a bath as she was completely orange! She's moving around quite alot, but still weak. Hopefully the antibiotics will kick in soon and fight back whatever infection she'd got.

oooh, well eating must be a good sign, right? and shes moving around, so thats good too. i swear my eyes welled up reading that she cant hold food in her paws. she sounds like a fighter tho. shes v lucky to have you as a mummy, as its clear you love her very much, so im sending all the good vibes in the world ure way! fingers, and everything else crossed. im sure everyone ere sends good vibes too.:)
    :hello:
  • CrazyRatLady_2
    CrazyRatLady_2 Posts: 158 Forumite
    edited 12 January 2012 at 6:20PM
    sherbie wrote: »
    oooh, well eating must be a good sign, right? and shes moving around, so thats good too. i swear my eyes welled up reading that she cant hold food in her paws. she sounds like a fighter tho. shes v lucky to have you as a mummy, as its clear you love her very much, so im sending all the good vibes in the world ure way! fingers, and everything else crossed. im sure everyone ere sends good vibes too.:)

Aw thank you :) I just had to give her another bath as the silly thing decided to walk right through the food bowl and get covered in more carrot based baby food! She's the only rat I've had, well any pet really, who doesn't lose their appetite when ill - she can't eat solid food properly, but she'll shovel away anything else.

She got sick like this twice last year - went from deaths door in no time, to absolutely fine again, I've never known an animal like it! I'm hoping she makes another miraculous recovery like last time, as when it happened last year the vets were stunned when she managed to turn it around, because things really did look hopeless.

---

Back to the making money side of things - at work there was a competition held by one of our distributors and I won it. They turned up today and the prize was an 8gb ipod nano, I don't need it as I have a 32gb creative zen mp4 and I'm not too keen on apple anyway (don't want to use i-tunes) so I'm going to try and sell it, then add that cash to the funds.
    £2012 in 2012 member #15: £651.55/£2012
  • aliwali
    aliwali Posts: 407 Forumite
    Hi all, about £13 made on Amazon today, I'll wait until it's in my bank before adding. eBay going ok at minute 4 of 8 items have bids. I'm constantly thinking about where my next few pennies are coming from, this is a bit addictive!!
    Fashion on a ration 0 of 66
  • Im including a saving of £7.00 because I took my mum shopping and she ended up buying my rabbit food, think I have found a new way to save :rotfl:
    Make £2012 in 2012 member 122- £104.34/£2012
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport