killerpeaty Posts: 2,646 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Aww, happy belated birthday!
  • Jonesy88
    Jonesy88 Posts: 959 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Thank you killerpeaty!
    :rudolf: DF by Xmas 2018: #83 £8,250/£15,000 55% :rudolf:
    SPC 7: #135 :staradmin | MFW 9.72% | Groceries: £6.49/£80 | Exercise 0/20 | NSDs 0/15
  • killerpeaty
    Is it the cath kidson bag?

I love the way that you set yourself monthly targets. I have a whiteboard that I write my monthly goals on, it's just so satisfying to cross things off isn't it?
  • Jonesy88
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Totally! I love lists! I feel by breaking things down into smaller targets I can chart my achievements better and keep myself on track.

It wasn't the CK bag, just a cheap £15 (albeit very lovely) dotty ebay one. It's slightly bigger and i won't be worried about putting it on the floor on the train so probably fits the bill better. I feel guilty when my mum offers to buy me things - she would've bought me the expensive one but I don't like to take the mick really. I'm sure it wouldn't even cross her mind but I work hard to make my money work hard, I don't want to "steal" her hard earned wages. I suppose it's mainly pride on my part.

It was a nice surprise she offered anyway, far nicer then if i'd have expected it. Mental note - must take her out and randomly treat her 1 day when i have the cash.
    SPC 7: #135 :staradmin | MFW 9.72% | Groceries: £6.49/£80 | Exercise 0/20 | NSDs 0/15
  • killerpeaty
    Aww that's so sweet. Your mum sounds lovely. I understand where you're coming from, but your mum probably really likes to buy you bits and bobs. I know that I love buying my family and close friends a little something now and again.

The larger goals are pretty daunting, I can get completely turned off if I'm faced with something big.
  • Jonesy88
    Debt-free and Proud!
    *sneaks in*

Apologies, the 1st of the month totally passed me by. I've been super busy with work, but in a good way - feel like i'm settling in and starting to build a career. So i'll summarise the last 6 weeks:

Goals for April:

1. Get under 12st. - current weight 13st 4. Not good, not good at all.
    2. Get car to £2100 - achieved :)
    3. Pay off joint overdraft - done :D

Goals for May:

1. Get under 13st and join the gym.
    2. Get car to £1750
    3. Pay Dad the £800 for holiday

Scores on the Doors:

Car: £2100 - 58% paid
    VSP 2014: £2.12
    SPC 7: ??
    £365 in 365: £0 - might leave this?
    CCC 2014: still neutral
    DFBXmas: £1400/£3500 - 40% paid

Moneywise things seem to be plodding on fairly nicely, the joint overdraft is gone and my Dad will be paid off at the end of the month. The car is also more than halfway to being paid off. On the flipside, OHs CC is quite high - probably about £2k - i don't know the exact amount as it's his card. I've decided to not worry about this until after the holiday is paid off - i'd rather just concentrate on 1 thing at once.

My biggest annoyance currently is my weight. I'm really not happy about it, i've put on all the weight i lost and a bit more. :mad: So, i'm going to eat heathily and join the gym, we'll see how that goes.

Promise my next update won't be so late!
  • Great efforts Jonesy! I've made the assumption (correct me if Im wrong) you are 25/26? I am the same and I WISH I was as organised as you! I do have a whiteboard though, currently it still proudly tells me my list of things to acquire to move house, which happened 11 months ago.. I failed.

The monthly challenges/targets you set yourself are fantastic. I currently do the Sealed Pot 2014 & the £365 in 365 days (Im hoping this will clear at least 50% of my annual car bills)

My humble suggestion about the exercise, Do you have a Nintendo Wii? I picked one up with a lot of accessories, wii fit etc & games for £20. I do the Yoga & Muscle exercises about 3 times a week & it tires me out, so I sleep better and burns off the Ben & Jerrys I eat.
    Sealed Pot Challenge:
    2014 = £202
    2015 = £382
  • Jonesy88
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Hi StrugglingYouth! For a little bit i was really impressed/ a little creeped out that you guessed my age but then i remembered my username...

I like the idea of a whiteboard. I remember having a blackboard as a child but remember getting frustrated becuase it only looked lovely and clean when it was wet. Wii wise, I used to have one but got rid about 18 months ago but i never used it. I do have a zumba app on my ipad which tracks your moves though and had a go today.

I may sound organised but sometimes i worry i'm trying to do too much, too soon. I doubt myself and wonder if it would be better to let things go along by themselves and enjoy myself rather than overpay. Hmm. I'm sure it'll all my worth it when i'm debt free!

Speaking of which my loan DD went out today, keeping me on track to have it paid off by the end of August. :) I'm also going to pay off my holiday next week so despite my little moany ramble, things are looking good (ish) :D
  • Jonesy88
    Debt-free and Proud!
    £800 paid to my dad this week, completing my 100 day challenge :)

Next up is my car, currently sitting at £1960. Although OHs CC is sitting on £2250 aswell, hmm, still work to do.
  • Jonesy88
    Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 31 May 2014 at 7:25PM
    I hate lateness, i really do. If there's even a hint of me being late to something, i get so stressed. I was even born 2 months early - mum says it must've been part of my personality even still in the womb. So, that said I've decided to do my first of the month post early, for fear of being late (again).

Goals for May:

1. Get under 13st and join the gym. -13st exactly, application filled out ready to go!
    2. Get car to £1750 - achieved
    3. Pay Dad the £800 for holiday - done :)

So all goals completed!

Goals for June:

1. Get under 12st7 and regularly go to the gym.
    2. Get the car to £1050
    3. Get things more organised regarding our house sale/purchase.

Scores on the Doors:

Car: £1750 - 65% paid
    VSP 2014: £6.53 - need to start building this as its my Christmas fund.
    SPC 7: ??
    £365 in 365: £0 - still pondering this - should be at £150 by now
    CCC 2014: neutral
    DFBXmas: £1750/£3500 - 50% paid

So this month we've paid off my Dad for the holiday and I'm on track to pay off the car in the summer. OHs CC is still £2250 but we have a plan in place to address that - i think it'll be the next 100 day challenge. House-wise, ours is still for sale :( - need to speak to the estate agents about this, and the new house aswell as it will soon be time to start paying search fees etc and i want to be able to plan and account for these.
    I've also filled out the gym application form in order to register tomorrow (as i was away with work quite a lot in May it would've been pointless before 1st June - i want maximum days to fee ratio!) My weight is still getting me down but atleast it hasn't increased and has even dropped a little. Anyway, i'm not going to dwell too much because it's beautifully sunny outside and that makes me happy :cool:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure