Field Agent - IPhone app

I've recently downloaded an app called 'Field Agent' from the app store on my Iphone. The basic principle is people put up small jobs to do, such as grovery store checks, you do it and you get paid for it.... Quite like mystery shopping but less hassle.

I myself have not done any jobs with it yet but there seems to be a fair number available, and if I was to do them all within my nearby area I'd be £65 richer for such a simple job. I recommend people have a look at the app, it's had really good reviews and could be good for earning a bit of extra money on the side :)
2012-2013 Deposit target £2663.05/ £3876.74 :j

Holiday Saving Target £400 / £1000

Comments

• JT100
    JT100 Posts: 127 Forumite
    Don't forget all income is taxable. You need to be registered as self employed for mystery shopping.
    Enjoy the app!
  • star2007
    star2007 Posts: 159 Forumite
    I can vouch for them. Unfortunately, I've only done one job with them, as there's very few in my region, but if you live on the mainland esp in/around London, there's loads of jobs every week and you could make a great part time wage from it. Each job typically takes about 10 mins and involves taking a few pics with your iPhone of product place ment in a shop and answering a couple of questions. Some I think are proper mystery shopping, asking questions to sales assitant. Others are taking pics of advertising hoardings.

Top tips:
    -Keep checking the app regularly as jobs can get snapped up quickly. Also, 'like' them on FB as they often prewarn about a forthcoming batch of jobs.

-Make sure your phone is fully charged before setting out, as you'll need to take pics, input answers and upload them.

-You get two hours from snagging the job to complete it, so make sure you can do it in this time, otherwise it can affect your score. If you're doing more than one, plan the best route to maximise time/fuel efficiency.

They're really friendly and helpful online, and payment reliably takes a few days. HTH
    Competition wins: 09/12 bottle of cognac; 01/13 combi microwave
  • Is it available on android too?
    Santander Loan [STRIKE]£3003[/STRIKE] £2100
    AA Credit Card [STRIKE]£3148[/STRIKE] £2676
    Natwest OD [STRIKE]£1500[/STRIKE] £1370
    Cahoot OD [STRIKE]£1000 [/STRIKE]£650
    Capital One Card [STRIKE]£641[/STRIKE] £400
    Total [STRIKE](Jan 12)[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£9546 [/STRIKE] £7196 (Now)
  • Ruby_Ruby
    Ruby_Ruby Posts: 277 Forumite
    It isn't available on android, and it really isn't possible to make a great part time wage. The tasks come and go and they might be quite spread out . But when they do come up you'll find that they are less work than mystery shopping.
  • Tazni
    Tazni Posts: 69 Forumite
    Yesterday there were no jobs available for me, but today there were 12! But I'd definitely say it's important to check the app as often as possible as they dissapear pretty quickly!
    2012-2013 Deposit target £2663.05/ £3876.74 :j

Holiday Saving Target £400 / £1000
  • HKitten
    HKitten Posts: 156 Forumite
    edited 24 October 2012 at 1:07PM
    I've downloaded it after reading this, so far only some jobs for shops that are 14 miles away, and today a couple for the cinema near me to watch Skyfall.

Going to keep checking, I'm not far from a lot of shops so fingers crossed something doable comes up!
  • Anyone care to comment on the average price per mission?
  • JT100
    JT100 Posts: 127 Forumite
    Anyone care to comment on the average price per mission?

A good mystery shopper never reveals their fees ;)

But ... the cinema 'jobs' would not cover the cost of the ticket in my local cinema, so I would be 'working' for a loss.
    The other jobs are great if you are in the area when the job comes up .. so you would be there anyway. Or sometimes it's possible to book a 'circuit', this makes the jobs more worthwhile. However, most jobs have a time limit. Eg book the job and complete within 2 hours.

Remember you also have to factor in the cost of doing the job and you must be registered as self employed. Therefore, you will pay tax on your jobs. (I think the most I've made on a job would be no more than a couple of £)
  • HKitten wrote: »
    I've downloaded it after reading this, so far only some jobs for ***** that are 14 miles away, and today a couple for the cinema near me to watch Skyfall.

Going to keep checking, I'm not far from a lot of shops so fingers crossed something doable comes up!

Be careful about mentioning the clients names as they don't like it and it may well breach the T&Cs that you agreed to when you signed up.

I use this app and usually find the jobs aren't close enough to bother with but today there are a few on the route I am driving so I may pick a couple up, so thanks for the reminder!

Fees are usually around the £4-£9 mark depending on the amount of work involved. Mystery shopping jobs tend to be a bit more lucrative than that.
    Make £2018 in 2018 Challenge - Total to date £2,108
  • It appears this is NOT available on andriod. Is it?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure