PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

DIY shoe repair

Comments

• Cheers Shammy

You might just have saved me a fortune! I presume with heels you have to stick and pin with nails/tacks?
  • I've looked at the site quoted above for heel supplies, but I'm not sure what to buy for re-heeling ladies shoes! If I buy heels that are a bit bigger by mistake can I trim them down to fit? For rubber heels what sort of tacks should I use? I have loads of shoes that I wear in rotation and a lot of them could do with new heels so I want to be sure that I buy a size that can be used for the majority. Can anyone help please?
  • Ok, so woolies is gone, so where can I get these shoe things now, I have been looking everywhere on line for shoe repair kits, and I can not find anyone else that does them,
    does anyone know who makes them ?
  • I'm sure that Wilkos sell sole repair kits.
  • Are they the same though ?
    I can not find any online, seems odd to me, they must have sold thousands, of them
    they should get an onlone store
  • wilkos are not going to stock them anymore according to a staff member
  • I've looked at the site quoted above for heel supplies, but I'm not sure what to buy for re-heeling ladies shoes! If I buy heels that are a bit bigger by mistake can I trim them down to fit? For rubber heels what sort of tacks should I use? I have loads of shoes that I wear in rotation and a lot of them could do with new heels so I want to be sure that I buy a size that can be used for the majority. Can anyone help please?

HI Kittykat500, I have bought my shoe heel tips (for ladies shoes) from a site I found through Google. I typed in shoe heel tips and found the "stiletto-heel-tips.co.uk" site
    They delivered them very quickly and they offer instruction on how to reheel your shoes.
    They are A LOT cheeper than the shoe repair shop!
    Good luck. I hope you find what you are looking for
  • sarzzz_2
    sarzzz_2 Posts: 12 Forumite
    I would like to know if anyone has any ideas for a pair of shoes where the metal heel is slightly worn down, but the sides of the heel (mock wood type in a slightly chunky heel) have grated on stones etc and so they are peeling. Replacing the heel tip would be OK but the main body of the heel? Help!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure