Party Plan

Comments

• misskool
    misskool Posts: 12,832 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Dear all,

I've just spent about 10 minutes removing self-promotion, you are welcome to share any information/experiences you have working with the company but you are not allowed to promote yourself. If you want to recruit downlines, please do it on the referrer's board.

MLM is NOT EASY money, there is a LOT of hard work. To make real money, you cannot use it as a part time job. It's harder than starting your own business. Please consider the good and bad experiences before you start. It takes a special kind of person to make it work.
  • AWinner
    AWinner Posts: 42 Forumite
    misskool wrote: »
    Dear all,

I've just spent about 10 minutes removing self-promotion, you are welcome to share any information/experiences you have working with the company but you are not allowed to promote yourself. If you want to recruit downlines, please do it on the referrer's board.

MLM is NOT EASY money, there is a LOT of hard work. To make real money, you cannot use it as a part time job. It's harder than starting your own business. Please consider the good and bad experiences before you start. It takes a special kind of person to make it work.

Although this thread did start as Party Plan which is not always the same as MLM. With either business model I believe that if you can only make money
    by recruiting others, then it is best left well alone! If however you can earn from your own sales and there is also extra income from team building and supporting others, that is a different kettle of fish!
  • cjbjb
    cjbjb Posts: 53 Forumite
    I think party plan can be fantastic.
    I do Kleeneze and within that we have Cabouchon which can be done through party plan or catalogue through the door that give the opportunity for people to do this in the way that suits them.
    The other thing to say is that although there is talk about earning big money from these businesses it isn't always about that and I think that party plan allows people to earn some money and meet people in a social setting, beats sitting in an office, just my opinion!
  • jobie30
    jobie30 Posts: 10 Forumite
    hi
    i used to do FLP, products are great but expensive, and found people didn't often re-purchase mainly due to the cost, so found it hard to kep customers...i still purchase for my family but don't run as a business....i spent a lot of time and effort with the company and really believed i could "make it"...i've come to realise that ANY MLM business is extremely hard work and lots of time and effort are needed to make a success of it.

i am now considering doing phoenix trading as don't want to "sell" and think the cards will sell themsleves. Not looking to make loads of money just a bit extra "pocket money" would be useful now i'm a full time mum!
  • jobie30
    jobie30 Posts: 10 Forumite
    Julie

you need to read the rules posted further up this page -- no advertising!!!
  • jobie30 wrote: »
    Julie

you need to read the rules posted further up this page -- no advertising!!!

Oops sorry! (Thanks jobie)

Forum Moderator, please accept my apology and delete my message above.

Julie
  • What an interesting thread reading about all the different party plan business out there. I sell Usborne childrens books but dont really class it as party plan as you are under no pressure to do any parties. Infact I have been with Usborne for well over a year and only done 4 parties.

I do agree that if you are thinking of joining maybe with the run up to xmas you have to be interested in the product you have. I have never been a salesperson but I find that the quality and range of the books sell themselves. I decided not to return to work after having my second child and have not looked back since. I love what I do and looking forward to the busy xmas season.

This month Usborne are even donating £10 to children in need when people sign up. I think thats a great idea.

Have fun

Tracey
  • sara1980
    sara1980 Posts: 228 Forumite
    hi, does anyone sell through phoenix trading ??

I was looking into it, but I just wondered what the cost of the product are to the customer ??
    I notice from the site theat you get a business kit, what is included in this kit & do you have to purchase the starter kit aswell ??
    Is it easy to make the money, as I don't have a lot of spare time?
    Is there another way of selling without having to do parties?

Sorry for all the question but I want to things clear before I sign up to anything...
  • et
    et Posts: 14 Forumite
    misskool wrote: »

Please accept our apologies!

How do I make the quote bit go in a box like everyone else's?
  • kbm
    kbm Posts: 38 Forumite
    It appears that i have had my post removed even though i was not advertising at all!! Could someone please enlighten me??!! I only offered to give extra info to anyone i was not looking to promote out or anything like that!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure