DMP & Mutual Support Thread - Part 8

Comments

• Growurown
    Growurown Posts: 5,498 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    millicent wrote: »
    HWe also have included in our DMP our HSBC current account overdraft which we pay a DMP payment of £53 and HSBC are adding interest of £45 a month :mad:

I have written to them and asked if they would consider stopping the charges as it is not helping us pay back this debt.
    I received a reply today stating that they could not agree to our request as we did not meet their criteria:huh:

Does anyone have any ideas as what to do next or do we just except it and carry on as we are and try and throw any spare money:rotfl: that we have at it?

We had two bank accounts with the Halifax. One had an overdraft limit of £2,300 and the other had £850 and we put both into our DMP. The first one they are charging us a pound a day for but no interest. The second one they aren't charging us for at all. I think the criteria depends on how much you owe and how much you can afford to repay. I'm guessing that there is a formula as to how all this works and it will differ from one organisation to another. Will they tell you how they do it? I'm guessing not.
    DMP Mutual Support Thread No. 421

Debt free date 25/11/2015 - Made It!
  • Growurown
    Growurown Posts: 5,498 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    I have received a £25 charge from my bank as I went over drawn by a few pounds when the Nat West fiasco meant my salary was paid 5 days late.

I contacted First Direct when I knew this situation was unavoidable and they were unable to help without having to go through the process of doing a credit reference check :eek: and a twenty minute phone interview to apply for a temporary overdraft. I felt this was an unacceptable amount of hassle to go through to ask for a few pounds for a week until my salary turned up so I didn't bother.

So I am going to call into the local branch of Nat West to claim back the charges and see if they fulfill their promise that no one will be out of pocket due to the delays in payments going through. I wonder what hoops they will make me jump through to claim my money back. Watch this space:D
    DMP Mutual Support Thread No. 421

Debt free date 25/11/2015 - Made It!
  • Growurown wrote: »
    I have received a £25 charge from my bank as I went over drawn by a few pounds when the Nat West fiasco meant my salary was paid 5 days late.

I contacted First Direct when I knew this situation was unavoidable and they were unable to help without having to go through the process of doing a credit reference check :eek: and a twenty minute phone interview to apply for a temporary overdraft. I felt this was an unacceptable amount of hassle to go through to ask for a few pounds for a week until my salary turned up so I didn't bother.

So I am going to call into the local branch of Nat West to claim back the charges and see if they fulfill their promise that no one will be out of pocket due to the delays in payments going through. I wonder what hoops they will make me jump through to claim my money back. Watch this space:D

Shocking isn't it

Good luck with it

HHx
  • millicent wrote: »
    Hello all:wave:

After a bit of advice really. Stared our DMP in April and all is going well so far:)
    Six creditors and all have been great so far:
    Capitol One - frozen all interest
    MBNA - frozen all interest
    M&S Money - frozen all interest
    Barclay Card ( formally Egg) interest at 3%
    HSBC Gold card - frozen all interest
    Santander Cards - frozen all interest

We also have included in our DMP our HSBC current account overdraft which we pay a DMP payment of £53 and HSBC are adding interest of £45 a month :mad:

I have written to them and asked if they would consider stopping the charges as it is not helping us pay back this debt.
    I received a reply today stating that they could not agree to our request as we did not meet their criteria:huh:

Does anyone have any ideas as what to do next or do we just except it and carry on as we are and try and throw any spare money:rotfl: that we have at it?

Hi Millicent :hello:

Have you tried contacting the FOS regarding HSBC and the interest? It worked for us on one of our Lloyds TSB accounts and we are currently fighting to get Natwest and M&S to stop interest.

Good luck and please let us know how you get on :)
    LBM 10/1/12 ~ DFW Start 6/2/12: £82,344 ~ Now Zero
    :staradmin:starmod::staradmin Debt free 17th April 2015 :staradmin:starmod::staradmin
    Eternal thanks to the DMP & Mutual Support (no.439) and Payment a Day Threads
    Mortgage free 3rd July 2014 - Grateful thanks to the 2013/14 MFW threads
    "Debt is normal. Be weird!" Dave Ramsey
    Proud to have dealt with our debt :)
  • Growurown wrote: »

That is crap, I do hope you manage to get it sorted.

I hate the dreaded words "credit reference check", it's enough to make me put the phone down mid-sentence :(
    :staradmin:starmod::staradmin Debt free 17th April 2015 :staradmin:starmod::staradmin
  • Bad news and good news from me today.

Bad news 1: Car cost another £265 to "fix" last weekend and is still playing up :(

Bad news 2: I hate M&S whose current charges will extend our debt to them by 44 months. If I had any choice, they would get £1 per month forever :mad:

Good news: 166 days into our DMP, we have managed to pay off £8,202 which adds up to just over 10%* of our debt. :j

Next week when CCCS make payments on the 25th this should go up to just over 12% :j:j

* Current figure is actually 10.0878164% on my work calculator, this information is provided just for my twin debt geek HH :D
  • rdchick
    rdchick Posts: 1,815 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Growurown wrote: »
    [EMAIL="client.service@cccs.co.uk"]client.service@cccs.co.uk[/EMAIL]

Sorry can't help with the Wonga question.

Thanks Grow :) xxx
    Life is too short not to love what you do.
  • moneyangel22
    moneyangel22 Posts: 332 Forumite
    Has anyone had to put council tax into a dmp? Not for where you live, but a second property? Its already been repossessed and i owe back council tax. Until now only credit cards and loans are in my dmp. The council are already threatening court so im unsure about this.
    Any advice please?
    By the way my dmp is self managed.

Thanks
  • Tigsmom
    Tigsmom Posts: 290 Forumite
    Bad news and good news from me today.

Bad news 1: Car cost another £265 to "fix" last weekend and is still playing up :(

Bad news 2: I hate M&S whose current charges will extend our debt to them by 44 months. If I had any choice, they would get £1 per month forever :mad:

Good news: 166 days into our DMP, we have managed to pay off £8,202 which adds up to just over 10%* of our debt. :j

Next week when CCCS make payments on the 25th this should go up to just over 12% :j:j

* Current figure is actually 10.0878164% on my work calculator, this information is provided just for my twin debt geek HH :D

Sorry about the car.

I'd heard M&S can be bad. I rarely shopped there but was annoyed they wouldn't accept any other cc as payment.

:T:T:T for doing so well clearing so much so soon. Do you overpay? We're just starting our DMP and if we carry on living as we are we might have some spare at the end of the month. I'm not sure if I should save it for emergencies or use it to clear our debts earlier.
  • Tigsmom
    Tigsmom Posts: 290 Forumite
    Has anyone had to put council tax into a dmp? Not for where you live, but a second property? Its already been repossessed and i owe back council tax. Until now only credit cards and loans are in my dmp. The council are already threatening court so im unsure about this.
    Any advice please?
    By the way my dmp is self managed.

Thanks

I'm no expert but I think you should pay the council tax first as it's a priority debt, even if it means cutting down the amount you pay on other debts. If you don't pay council tax you could go to prison, that's why it's classed as a priority, even if it's on a second property.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure