PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

'supporting each other through really tough times'

Comments

• meme30
    meme30 Posts: 534 Forumite
    Byatt wrote: »
    Bess is doing really well, she's staying with my DD because it's warmer there and no stairs. She's so different compared to the last op 2 years ago. Does anyone know if having intravenous fluids helped?

Smiley, hugs, you must have been so worried. I'm not rational where my Bess is concerned, she is definitely my baby.

Byatt:-IV fluids will counteract any dehydration and will stop her having a 'hangover' feel to her recovery. I'm so pleased it's all over for her and that she is feeling ok.:)
    Give us the strength to encounter that which is to come, that we may be brave in peril, constant in tribulation, temparate in wrath, and in all changes of fortune, and down to the gates of death, loyal and loving to one another.”
  • The_Dragon
    The_Dragon Posts: 9,749 Forumite
    Possession wrote: »
    Isn't it just a variation on "Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger." from Lord of the Rings?

I suspect it is Possession, yes.

Fuddle, when Dr Dragon was starting to rent he had NO credit history at all, and the check was basically with the bank (has he got money regular like and does he go overdrawn too often? No? okay fine!), so hopefully this is just a procedure and you will still move.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy and good with catsup :D
    NSD 15/20, OS WL 21-6 (4) :(C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z #44 Twisted Firestarter, VSP #57 - £39.43
    :p Every Penny's a Prisoner :p
  • fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    Dragon, either that word in your post was a typo or you have a Durham accent? "have you got money regular like?" I think it's only us that use like when asking a question?

Deep breath and calm. I hope so. Had a few tears and now a hot chocolate so well on the way to getting a grip.
  • Possession
    Possession Posts: 3,262 Forumite
    I have fingers crossed for you Fuddle. (It's going to be difficult to do much work like this though.) If he already knew the facts, and that you had given notice, I sincerely hope it's just a formality.
  • kidcat
    kidcat Posts: 6,058 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    fuddle wrote: »
    Dragon, either that word in your post was a typo or you have a Durham accent? "have you got money regular like?" I think it's only us that use like when asking a question?

Deep breath and calm. I hope so. Had a few tears and now a hot chocolate so well on the way to getting a grip.

Theres a few others about that use like to Fuddle - deepest scouse use it too, and am fairly sure others do. :)

I know I am a worrier and always worry things till the bitter end, even though I may know that it will all work out some how, so I know telling you not to worry tonight but if its at all possible let it go and rest tonight, you can worry again tomorrow if needs be:D
    Write it down and lock it away, blow it into a balloon and release the balloon. Whatever you need to do to give your worry away tonight, do it and rest. Hey send it my way I can worry it for you, :D

We have a missing tarantula:eek: apparently there was a taranatula in DD6 room (DS8 confirms the sighting) and its now not where it was when they ran screaming from the room. OH cannot find it so now everything that moves is being screamed at. DS14 seems to think said taranatula is actually the spider that was in the bathroom yesterday that the cat ahem scoffed leg off, so is walking wounded - he estimates size as teeny tiny.

As full time autistic and over dramatic interpreter I have estimated that we have a 1.5inch diameter spider with 7 legs on the loose:eek: I do not do spiders, SPiders are mans work:rotfl:
  • fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    So funny! Pleased it's in your house. :p I bet your kids crack you up sometimes (as well as test your very good patience). I'll pass my worry on to some one else because you've enough on your serving platter.

I can hear a scouse say like now, doh.
  • Possession
    Possession Posts: 3,262 Forumite
    phew Kidcat, am glad I'm not in your house, can't stand tarantulas and it doesn't seem as if losing just one leg out of 8 would slow it down much ...
    When I was in Japan I used to get HUGE spiders in my house, bigger than my hand, and as there was no man to deal with them I had no choice. I used to prop open the front door and chase them out with a broom. Ugh.
    And cockroaches. *shudder*
  • kidcat
    You see I knew there was a good reason why I dont travel to Japan -well other than the lack of passport, pathological fear of flying and the distinct lack of finance:rotfl:
  • lol, do you need me to come and sort incy wincy out? spiders I can do, mice I can do just don't put me in the same room as a daddylonglegs (cranefly). I have been known to leave a pub early because there was one in the toilet! I know it's not rational, i know they can't hurt but they are the single most terrifying creature on this earth!!

What a cruddy day for everyone. offering hugs to all as there are far too many to give out individually but I do give good hugs and there are enough to go round xx

I think tonight I might be in need of one too :(
    7 weeks ago DH's uncle was diagnosed with cancer, we're still not entirely sure what type. He had one lot of chemo then was taken in witha mini stroke. then he got pneumonia. DMIL called earlier to say he's had another stroke and now has a DNR note on his file :(:(
    I've spoken to DH (he's in work) I couldn't know while he didn't and he would rather be told straight away, even if it was over the phone, and I've had a small talk with the girls who are very very sad. They do know that they might not see him again as he is very poorly.

DD2 said 'but mummy, he can't be. He says I'm his special baby girl'
    (lump in the throat moment)
    I think we could all do with some good news right now...anyone??
    freecycler and skip diver extraordinnaire:cool:
  • kidcat
    Admist all the angst today I totally forgot to share my triumph - we have a real issue with DS8 going into our bedroom, taking things (my nans engagement ring, my wedding ring etc) breaking things (yet another light fitting), flooding the ensuite (blocked toilet again) rooting under bed (I have presents stored), in the wardrobe (ditto) under ironing pile (ditto),through my make up (blusher and eye shadow mixed with foundation do not come out of cream carpet ever!)
    So last night while I was out my dad fitted a proper mortice lock with a key:j:j I walked into the bedroom earlier and everything was exactly as I had left it - I cannot describe the pleasure:j:j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure