Which mattress? (merged threads)

Comments

• Tim_Deegan
    Tim_Deegan Posts: 6,027 Forumite
    a few more details regarding my faulty mattress, Tim would you please be able to advise if you can.

Read instructions etc for mattress which said turn the mattress over weekly and around alternate weeks etc, which I have done. But I have a problem. The fillings have settled as the instructions said they would, but only in the middle of the bed. The top and end of the mattress stick up and so it looks like the fillings havent settled on the head or the end and are too puffed up. This looks horrible and im worried about the bed long term if it gets worse.

Now I dont know what to do. The bed has tufts in it, and the tufts at the ends are much wider than all the other tufts (if that make sense!) The other tufts are all about a few inches long, but at the end the tuft is about 6 inches from the edge of the bed, which may be the problem? I dont know!!

Is the divan base actually flat, or is it sagging anywhere?

If the base is flat then it sounds like the mattress is faulty (probably the springs).

It is normal to have the outside tufts about 6" from the edge, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Did it look like the mattress had been folded when it was delivered?

Ask the manufacturer for advice, but you may need to take action against the supplier. Send them another e-mail mentioning trading standards, then back this up with a phone call. Their contact details are below:

Address
    Furniture 123,
    Sandway Business Centre,
    Shannon Street, Leeds. LS9 8SS.
    Email
    General enquiries: [EMAIL="info@furniture123.co.uk"]info@furniture123.co.uk[/EMAIL]
    Customer service: [EMAIL="customerservice@furniture123.co.uk"]customerservice@furniture123.co.uk[/EMAIL]
    Trade orders: [EMAIL="trade@furniture123.co.uk"]trade@furniture123.co.uk[/EMAIL]
    Marketing: [EMAIL="marketing@furniture123.co.uk"]marketing@furniture123.co.uk[/EMAIL]
    Accounts: [EMAIL="accounts@furniture123.co.uk"]accounts@furniture123.co.uk[/EMAIL]
    Technical: [EMAIL="technical@furniture123.co.uk"]technical@furniture123.co.uk[/EMAIL]
    Suppliers: [EMAIL="suppliers@furniture123.co.uk"]suppliers@furniture123.co.uk[/EMAIL]
    Careers: [EMAIL="careers@furniture123.co.uk"]careers@furniture123.co.uk[/EMAIL]
    Phone
    0845 062 2233
    Fax
    0113 248 2266
    You may also be interested in this:
    http://www.clik2complaints.co.uk/DPs/furniture123.html

I notice on the furniture123 web site that they say that they support the sleep council. So it might be worth contacting them if you don't have any luck.
  • Thanks for that Tim. I did sent a more direct email yesterday, saying im aware of my rights etc and what a rubbish company they are (prob didnt help but I am annoyed!) Yes base does appear to be flat, dont think its sagging - obvioulsy better supported though where the frame is and a little more springy where no frame. I will chase them again, hopefully I will get somewhere. Will def call manuafacturer tomorro as well and see what they say. Mattress wasnt folded, it was flat with cover on. There seems to be too much filling down both ends - its too "puffed" up!
    :beer: If I say something you like....Please hit the thanks button :beer:
  • Tim_Deegan
    Thanks for that Tim. I did sent a more direct email yesterday, saying im aware of my rights etc and what a rubbish company they are (prob didnt help but I am annoyed!) Yes base does appear to be flat, dont think its sagging - obvioulsy better supported though where the frame is and a little more springy where no frame. I will chase them again, hopefully I will get somewhere. Will def call manuafacturer tomorro as well and see what they say. Mattress wasnt folded, it was flat with cover on. There seems to be too much filling down both ends - its too "puffed" up!

Is the mattress as it shows in the picture?
  • TomsMom wrote: »

Just 'cos I'm curious I just googled "2 sided pocket sprung memory foam mattress" and the first two pages linked to four different ones made by Joseph, Body Impressions, DreamNight and Hush Sleep Collection and Tim wasn't the seller of any of them. I'm not saying they're any good just that there are others out there. I haven't put any links just in case anyone thinks I'm connected with any of those sellers but they can easily be found by googling.

Hi TomsMom,
    Did you actually click on the links and read the specifications of those mattresses. Are they 2 sided pocket sprung memory foam mattresses?? Or just links with the words memory foam or pocket sprung in them??
  • TomsMom wrote: »

Hi TomsMom,
    Did you actually click on the links and read the specifications of those mattresses. Are they 2 sided pocket sprung memory foam mattresses?? Or just links with the words memory foam or pocket sprung in them??

I found one Dreamnight 2 sided etc etc alright, thanks TomsMom, found the other amunfactuers you mentioned but not 2 sided etc etc.

Tim, what do you think of this one

http://www.bedroomworld.co.uk/p/DreamNight_Memory_Pocket_Mattress.htm
  • ACID
    ACID Posts: 1,209 Forumite
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ACID viewpost.gif
    How firm do you like your mattress?
    quite firm..not hard but firm enough..dont like soft mattress..need to be able to feel it on my back

What type of base is it going on?
    erm??? double bed..exactly according to that size...on wooden planks?

What is your budget?
    max 200-250 def no more..

I'd say go for a good quality firm open coil sprung mattress around 9 or 10" deep.

i need it for a 4ft 6" by 6ft 3"

i this reffered to as a medium double//can only find a handful but not many places mention the site

No it is a standard double which you can find from any seller who sells UK size mattresses.
    Tim_Deegan wrote: »
    No it is a standard double which you can find from any seller who sells UK size mattresses.

ok tim i have found the following...
    does it look like im getting close..
    it seems ok to me..

http://www.e2beds.co.uk/mayfair-orthopaedic-double-mattress-p-250.html
  • Tim_Deegan wrote: »
    Is the mattress as it shows in the picture?

well its the same mattress, but my one where the label is at the end, and at the top - from the last tuft to the edge (which is about 8 or 9" not 6" as I previoulsy said) is much higher. The surface is not flat as it looks in the picture. Its like this ----__________----. The ---- lines are the top and end of bed, which are much higher than the rest
    :beer: If I say something you like....Please hit the thanks button :beer:
  • TomsMom
    TomsMom Posts: 4,251
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    TomsMom wrote: »

Hi TomsMom,

Yes, I clicked on the links Wannagetfit. In the spec it said "2 sided".

ETA: Sorry, I replied before reading your second post. This is the link for the Body Impressions - on right hand side is says "Pillow Top/Sprung and Foam/Two sided". And this one for the Joseph, this one for Hush. Once I got onto that site I just clicked on "Sprung and memory foam mattresses" and checked a few.
  • Tim_Deegan
    ACID wrote: »
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ACID viewpost.gif
    How firm do you like your mattress?
    quite firm..not hard but firm enough..dont like soft mattress..need to be able to feel it on my back

What type of base is it going on?
    erm??? double bed..exactly according to that size...on wooden planks?

What is your budget?
    max 200-250 def no more..

I'd say go for a good quality firm open coil sprung mattress around 9 or 10" deep.

i need it for a 4ft 6" by 6ft 3"

i this reffered to as a medium double//can only find a handful but not many places mention the site

ok tim i have found the following...
    does it look like im getting close..
    it seems ok to me..

http://www.e2beds.co.uk/mayfair-orthopaedic-double-mattress-p-250.html

That one appears to be a low budget orthopaedic mattress, and is probably a little over priced. As a general rule mattresses with a stitchbone cover (usually vivd colours or chequered patterns) are low budget. And those with a damask cover are usually made to a higher spec.
  • Tim_Deegan
    well its the same mattress, but my one where the label is at the end, and at the top - from the last tuft to the edge (which is about 8 or 9" not 6" as I previoulsy said) is much higher. The surface is not flat as it looks in the picture. Its like this ----__________----. The ---- lines are the top and end of bed, which are much higher than the rest

Did you have any luck phoning them today?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure