Which mattress? (merged threads)

Comments

• raymond wrote: »
    If I read all the posts and take your advice then there is only one mattres I could possibly buy.

quote]

Tim,

I am afraid this is what I have been thinking/finding for the last few days googling away. I simply cannot find any other 2 sided memory foam pocket sprung mattresses other than the ones you sell. So, like Raymond said, a cynic would have a poor view. I would have bought one by now if you shipped to Ireland. Maybe I am a fool but I would still love to try one out.

Does anyone else have a problem finding 2 sided memory foam pocket sprung mattresses other than the ones Tim sells??

If anyone can find others please please put the link on here. Thanks.
  • raymond wrote: »
    If I read all the posts and take your advice then there is only one mattres I could possibly buy.

quote]

Tim,

I am afraid this is what I have been thinking/finding for the last few days googling away. I simply cannot find any other 2 sided memory foam pocket sprung mattresses other than the ones you sell. So, like Raymond said, a cynic would have a poor view. I would have bought one by now if you shipped to Ireland. Maybe I am a fool but I would still love to try one out.

Does anyone else have a problem finding 2 sided memory foam pocket sprung mattresses other than the ones Tim sells??

Tim,
    I apoligise..........I forgot, I did find bedkingdom.co.uk. They do sell 2 sided memory foam pocket sprung mattresses. Same as yours. Seems to be only one manufacturer??
  • Hi everyone,i hope someone can help me out on here.Early on today a forum member was singing the praise of a memory foam web site which had supplied them with a mattress they were very happy with.I too were looking for a similar product and asked Tim and other forum members for advise on their product.I was shocked to find later in the day both the original post and mine had been removed.As a new member to these forums,i am wondering what we have done wrong?Because i was expecting a few lines of advice i did not make a note of the mentioned suppliers and have no means of contacting them.Please help,an explanation would be appropriate,dont you think.Thankyou Grim reaper.
  • TomsMom
    TomsMom Posts: 4,251 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    raymond wrote: »

quote]

Tim,

Just 'cos I'm curious I just googled "2 sided pocket sprung memory foam mattress" and the first two pages linked to four different ones made by Joseph, Body Impressions, DreamNight and Hush Sleep Collection and Tim wasn't the seller of any of them. I'm not saying they're any good just that there are others out there. I haven't put any links just in case anyone thinks I'm connected with any of those sellers but they can easily be found by googling.
  • can I ask a question about a bed and a mattress please? Will post about the mattress in a bit, but im wondering about the bed as well. I have only had my new divan since Decemeber and I had lots problems.

1. Mattress sticks up at both ends and its settled in middle and it looks ridiculous. The company I purchased from are not interested Furniture123 even though I have sent them 5 emails and a letter. This sticking up isnt normal! Im worried it will get worse, as it really isnt right

2. The divan base. Its a Platform top divan base. This means I read, that it should have a layer of hardboard on the top. Well it feels more like cardboard and its really quite flexible - which surely hardboard shouldnt be. Feels more like cardboard!

My bed is a cumfilux duo posture double divan mattress and bed with 4 drawers. I paid almost £400 for it in October 2008 and it was delivered at start december 2008.
    :beer: If I say something you like....Please hit the thanks button :beer:
  • Tim_Deegan
    Tim_Deegan Posts: 6,027 Forumite
    By the way, just before I go, I have absolutely NO problem with Tim advertising Bedlum beds nor the fact that a few posts back he recommends the Kozeesleep pocketmaster or the double sided mattress by La Romantica both of which he sells on Ebay and his webshop but to rubbish EVERY other make ???

You are covering old ground yet again. My advice is 100% impartial, and I come on here to correct all the gimmicks and sales hype that are so widely used in the bed industry. I'm not on here to advertise, and don't give out any of my company details (unlike you just have). I don't even give them out in PM's.

Springs need a rest from constant use. You say that it is down to pur physics, but your theory is just that (theoretical). How many couples are exactly the same shape, size, and weight, and actually sleep in exactly the same position? That would be the only way for your argument to stand up. Are you trying to say that all the advice that was given out by the whole bed industry before the advent of non turn mattresses was wrong? Most people can see the common sense in it, but for some reason you cant.

As I said previously, if I were on here advertising, then why would I give advice in the Northern Ireland thread.

It appears that you are one of those people who just can't accept that anyone who is in any particular trade will give out honest advice.
  • Tim_Deegan

quote]

Tim,

I actually used to sell another brand that is still available, and there has been a third brand mentioned in the MSE forums previously. So I don't know why you can't find them :confused:
  • Tim_Deegan
    can I ask a question about a bed and a mattress please? Will post about the mattress in a bit, but im wondering about the bed as well. I have only had my new divan since Decemeber and I had lots problems.

1. Mattress sticks up at both ends and its settled in middle and it looks ridiculous. The company I purchased from are not interested Furniture123 even though I have sent them 5 emails and a letter. This sticking up isnt normal! Im worried it will get worse, as it really isnt right

2. The divan base. Its a Platform top divan base. This means I read, that it should have a layer of hardboard on the top. Well it feels more like cardboard and its really quite flexible - which surely hardboard shouldnt be. Feels more like cardboard!

My bed is a cumfilux duo posture double divan mattress and bed with 4 drawers. I paid almost £400 for it in October 2008 and it was delivered at start december 2008.

Platform top divan bases do indeed have hardboard on the top, which is actually very flexible on it's own. However it should be supported underneath to prevent it flexing.

It sounds like the frame underneath the hardboard has failed.

What is the make of the base, and have you tried contacting the manufacturer?
  • Tim_Deegan wrote: »
    Platform top divan bases do indeed have hardboard on the top, which is actually very flexible on it's own. However it should be supported underneath to prevent it flexing.

It sounds like the frame underneath the hardboard has failed.

What is the make of the base, and have you tried contacting the manufacturer?

Thanks Tim. The hardboard does appear to have a frame holding it in place, just in places where there is not frame it feels flexible.

As for the mattress, thats really worrying me! I am contacting the manufacturer direct tomorro but their advice on the guarentee is to speak to the retailer (who are ignoring me!). The base is a duo posture cumfilux

http://www.furniture123.co.uk/layouts/item.asp/itmid/5477/d/Cumfilux-Medicare-Collection---Duo-Posture-Divan-and-Mattress
  • a few more details regarding my faulty mattress, Tim would you please be able to advise if you can.

Read instructions etc for mattress which said turn the mattress over weekly and around alternate weeks etc, which I have done. But I have a problem. The fillings have settled as the instructions said they would, but only in the middle of the bed. The top and end of the mattress stick up and so it looks like the fillings havent settled on the head or the end and are too puffed up. This looks horrible and im worried about the bed long term if it gets worse.

Now I dont know what to do. The bed has tufts in it, and the tufts at the ends are much wider than all the other tufts (if that make sense!) The other tufts are all about a few inches long, but at the end the tuft is about 6 inches from the edge of the bed, which may be the problem? I dont know!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport