Dancing in the Rain

Comments

• I'm having a proud smiley moment for you!!! :j:T:j:T:j:T

Your progress is so very inspiring!!
    Overprepare, then go with the flow.
    [Regina Brett]
  • Yay :T your 4 NSD's in a row is fantastic DIA. It's great to see you appreciating how far you've come on your journey, your comment on perfection really struck a chord with me. Hope you enjoyed Zumba, it's great fun :)
  • Thanks for lovely comments Milasaves and Jumblerina :)

Good morning September and fellow MSE folk.

I have the day off today but loads to do. I have hospital tests (nothing serious) I’m going save the fares by walking. :money: I’ll take a book with me so I don’t get bored and go searching for snacks or treats.

As a treat after my appointment I am going to have a proper coffee in a proper coffee shop

I just made a payment to my debt so now my debt is in 17,000s. I know it’s almost 18,000 really but psychologically the dip into the 17,000s makes me feel better. :)

I’ll be back later to catch up on diaries and update too.

Have a good day folks
    DIA x
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Well done on the NSD's and Zumba DIA. I hope everything goes OK at the hospital today. I've welcomed September with open arms today, I love Autumn.

I think its great that you have also achieved getting below the 18k mark, seeing it dip down is so motivating.

Tink xx
    As of 31st December 2018 Total Debt = £15837.59
    DEBT 1 - £41.10 DEBT 2 - £257.41 DEBT 3 - £584.12 DEBT 4 - £700.00
    DEBT 5 - £655.02 DEBT 6 - £669.18 DEBT 7 - £3448.00 DEBT 8 - £2169.12
    DEBT 9 - £2964.25 DEBT 10 - £4349.39
  • 17's is huge! I looked at your Jan. debt and WOW you have made wonderful progress!!!!
    Overprepare, then go with the flow.
    [Regina Brett]
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,185 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    17's are good :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Thanks Tink! I love Autumn too.

I have had a good day. I decided not to walk to my appointment. It was too far. I cycled instead. It was fine going there, but I was so tired I nearly lost the will to live on the way home.

I loved my zumba class yesterday and will make a huge effort to go from here on in every week. :)

I got a bank statement and went through it. It’s going to be a tight month, :eek: but I will be okay if I watch what I spend on food. When I’m in Cornwall I have a frugal buddy who I go YS shopping with, so hopefully I can set a very small budget for food.:)

I feel I have debt repayment under control, but I am not doing well on the house. Worse, I’m not doing anything on the house.:( It isn’t as if I don’t have the money to do anything. I now have some funds in the ‘house’ account. I have been given the telephone number of a recommended handyman. The excuses have run out. As identified in my very first post I’m just plain scared. It’s time to emulate MT and Orange Ena and make progress with this house. I’m away soon, but when I return the house needs to be my priority. It’s time to live up to my namesake and DO IT ANYWAY.

Sleep well MSE folk
    DIA x
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • MuffinTops
    MuffinTops Posts: 2,477 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    You're doing a great job, and I see you as always doing it anyway.

Just little bits and pieces in the house really make a massive improvement. I've identified that the worst part of my house is now the clutter!

Well done on keeping your promises to yourself. I'm working on this but still very much a work in progress.

MTxx
  • You're doing so well DIA :) think of all the things you've achieved so far, NSD's come naturally to you when at one time you found it tough. Getting where you want to be with the house is in your reach, love your motivation :T you can do it!
  • £1K barrier BUSTED... wooooo go you! :j

It is lovely when you see the number change isn't it? Now have a celebration :D

Rosa xx
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills