PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Boned & rolled turkey breast, how long to cook?

I've ordered a boned & rolled turkey breast from the butcher.

How long will it take to cook? It will be more like a joint of beef than a real Turkey after its been boned & rolled.

Comments

• Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Hi Mrs E,

It will depend on the weight. The best thing to do is to ask the butcher when you collect it.

Edit: just found this for you where it says to calculate the timing in the same way as you would for a whole turkey: crowns and others

Pink
  • MrsE_2
    MrsE_2 Posts: 24,162
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Hi Mrs E,

It will depend on the weight. The best thing to do is to ask the butcher when you collect it.

Pink

Yeah I do the weight * 50 mins + 25 every week for my beef.

But I don't want the butcher to think I'm a idiot :o & ask how long for the turkey. Last year I got the boned breast from M&S, but the instructions are on the box:rolleyes:
  • Pink.
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    MrsE wrote: »
    Yeah I do the weight * 50 mins + 25 every week for my beef.

But I don't want the butcher to think I'm a idiot :o & ask how long for the turkey. Last year I got the boned breast from M&S, but the instructions are on the box:rolleyes:

The timings for beef will be entirely different from turkey. There's a roasting time calculator and lots more advice here that may help: British turkey.co.uk

You're butcher won't think you're an idiot if you ask for his advice. If he's a decent butcher he'll be used to people asking questions and be more than happy to help. After all he wants his customers to enjoy his meat and come back next year. :)

Pink
  • MrsE_2
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    The timings for beef will be entirely different from turkey. There's a roasting time calculator and lots more advice here that may help: British turkey.co.uk

You're butcher won't think you're an idiot if you ask for his advice. If he's a decent butcher he'll be used to people asking questions and be more than happy to help. After all he wants his customers to enjoy his meat and come back next year. :)

Pink

Thanks

Thats what I wanted

http://www.britishturkey.co.uk/cooking/cuts.shtml

Here is the link to crowns & rolled joints in case anyone wants it.
  • Pink.
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    MrsE wrote: »
    Thanks

Thats what I wanted

http://www.britishturkey.co.uk/cooking/cuts.shtml

Here is the link to crowns & rolled joints in case anyone wants it.

I think that's the link I gave you in my first post on this thread. :D;):p I hope your turkey works out well and you have a great Christmas day.

Pink
  • MrsE_2
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I think that's the link I gave you in my first post on this thread. :D;):p I hope your turkey works out well and you have a great Christmas day.

Pink

No, it is the link you gave me.

BUT I meant it was direct to the crowns & rolled joints.

I'm sure LOADS of people will be doing NON-bird turkey & its a little different isn't it.
    No big cavity or legs or stuffing to worry about.

Thank you.
  • avinabacca
    avinabacca Posts: 1,062 Forumite
    All turkeys are birds, aren't they? :confused:

Seriously puzzled now........ :(
    Oh come on, don't be silly.

It's the internet
    - it's not real!

• MrsE_2
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    avinabacca wrote: »
    All turkeys are birds, aren't they? :confused:

Seriously puzzled now........ :(

When you cook a bird carcase you have to calculate cooking times depending on whether the cavity is filled or not.

But a boned & rolled breast is just like a joint of meat:confused:
  • MrsE_2
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Just had to sign on to get cooking times:D
  • Are there online places where I can order Christmas dinner - turkey, beef and trimmings, reasonably priced. Don't like the supermarkets and find Butchers expensive. tHANKS
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure