Flight delay and cancellation compensation, BA ONLY

Comments

• james87
    james87 Posts: 44 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Hi I had an 18 hour delay with BMI back in 2008 from tenerife. I have tried filling out the form via the BA website however this form seems to be for cancellations only as when I fill in the form it says they have no record of the flight being cancelled. I would be greatful if anyone could point me in the right direction of where I need to submit my claim thanks James.
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    If their form doesn't allow your claim then perhaps write to BA.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • :j:)hi i was delayed for nearly 8 hrs with thomas cook from manchester to paphos on 16th october with my 4 daughters had no info for 5 hours,did write and complain but heard nothing.didnt no that we couid claim compo as first time abroad and thought delays were exspected.have emailed again yesterday but as heard nothing first time dont hold out much hope this time.if i hear nothing what shouid i do? thanks
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Does anyone have email of Andrew Crawley or Andrew Swaffield? Both are directors of IAG that owns BA. I need to email regarding BA constantly changing my flights booked for holiday in July!
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • topyam wrote: »
    Has anyone had success claiming for a BMI flight from BA?

Received notification that my claim for delayed flight has been successful.
    Took persistence though.
    What goes around - comes around
    give lots and you will always recieve lots
  • liviboy
    liviboy Posts: 544 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    liviboy wrote: »
    Well, had a reply from my first letter citing "air traffic restrictions" despite the fact, at the time, we were told it was due to air raft cleaning team running late.

This was announced and not given out in writing as it was only a 20 minute or do delay initially...my claim referred to the fact I was delayed reaching my final destination and that BA refused to put me on an earlier flight up to Edinburgh, instead delaying me in heathrow for 5 hours....

I now await a reply from my 2nd letter before deciding how to proceed...

Any ideas about this first letter though...opinions greatly received.

Well got an email about the second claim.

They agree that I am entitled to compensation so a cheque for €600 on its way to me now.

Patience certainly paid off!
  • topyam
    topyam Posts: 190 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    Hot a reply re a delay to my BMI flight - citing 'adverse weather conditions' - some other flights were cancelled that day, others just delays by an hour or so - was this 'extraordinary' then when other flights could take off and arrive??
  • Hi all,

Hoping that someone can offer some advice:

My flight BA0214 on 15 Nov 2012 departed from Heathrow about four hours late, and arrived three hours 35 mins late. BA reported that there was a problem with the door, which needed to be fixed. They said that the problem was fixed after about an hour, but that they then needed to get someone to sign-off the fix, which took another three hours.

I wrote to them asking for compensation, but they have just written back to say that the flight was "delayed due to aircraft damage which was not caused by British Airways", and therefore BA is not liable.

Just wondering if anyone has any advice on what to do next please?
  • I submitted our claim to BA (4 people, business class flights, Orlando to Gatwick) at the beginning of January, got a response last Thursday to say there was no entitlement. My immediate email response to them was "I think I would remember if we were diverted to the Azores! You are looking at the wrong flight date". I got a response that we are entitled to 800€ per person but since my Mum died shortly after flight (reason for business class flights) I have been asked for the death cert and probate certificate for her claim.
  • Mark2spark
    Mark2spark Posts: 2,306 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    engeeaitch wrote: »
    Hi all,

Hoping that someone can offer some advice:

My flight BA0214 on 15 Nov 2012 departed from Heathrow about four hours late, and arrived three hours 35 mins late. BA reported that there was a problem with the door, which needed to be fixed. They said that the problem was fixed after about an hour, but that they then needed to get someone to sign-off the fix, which took another three hours.

I wrote to them asking for compensation, but they have just written back to say that the flight was "delayed due to aircraft damage which was not caused by British Airways", and therefore BA is not liable.

Just wondering if anyone has any advice on what to do next please?

You write back and ask them who employed the handling agents that caused the damage that delayed your flight.
    If BA employed them (99% likely) then it's BA's fault and you are owed the compo.
    Read the FAQ's for the essential reading on BA.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback