Oil boiler quote

Has anyone had a oil boiler installed recently if you don't mind me asking what price you paid, My quote is 3,495.00 to take out the old boiler install a new one with a digital thermostat. Thanks

Comments

• It's not recent but- 13 years ago in our last house we replaced a solid fuel boiler with oil. Including a new oil tank etc and it cost £2,700. I'd say roughly, your quote sounds OK to me.
  • Is it in the same location and using same flue as the previous boiler? We paid £4100 for a system boiler and were quoted £4450 for a combi boiler by the same local plumbing company, 2.5 years ago - but the location was different (previously boiler was on an internal wall; moved to external wall) so there was a heck of a lot of pipework changes, wall drilling etc (both for connection to oil tank and connection to control room, hot water tank) which I think merited a good proportion of the price. If it's just a plug-and-play replacement I'd say it's a little on the high side.
    Cleared my credit card debt of £7123.58 in a year using YNAB! Debt free date 04/12/2015.
    Enjoying sending hundreds of pounds a month to savings rather than debt repayment!
  • But if it's a combi boiler it's actually about right now I think about it. High for a system boiler with no new hot water tank.
    Cleared my credit card debt of £7123.58 in a year using YNAB! Debt free date 04/12/2015.
    Enjoying sending hundreds of pounds a month to savings rather than debt repayment!
  • Somerset
    Somerset Posts: 3,633 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Four months ago, Worcester Greenstar £2400, but that was just the boiler itself. We were having a lot of other work done as well so fitting cost was rolled in to the total builders charge.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure