IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Letter before claim

Comments

• Never said it was simple. I think you are being a touch touchy, Redx. I always say I appreciate the advice on here by the stick-arounders.

Re the PP items and others below, I have read them all. Some of them I have used in my draft number 1. I also have a draft No 2 which I probably can't upload here either, as MSE has hiccups when I try to paste in. Are you on Pepipoo? My first draft is now on there.
    Redx wrote: »
    and like many you will probably disappear again once this is over , but those who have stuck around for several years or more are the ones advising you and they learn on a daily basis too , hence why templates go "out of date" so quickly

if it was simple there wouldnt be a forum as there would be no need for one

as for charging , you need to read this recent account on the same prankster blogsite (read all of them and you will learn even more like we do)

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2016/11/ukpc-hit-for-352-for-discontinuing.html

and read the DAVEY versus UKPC and some of the others like the JOPSON case, which has cost these fools thousands

and ICO breaches where £750 could be claimed due to DPA failures
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    edited 27 November 2016 at 9:50PM
    yes I am on pepipoo , but the only one appearing "touchy" or "tetchy" on here is you

yes we get you are exasperated and "irritated" , but you are always arguing back and complaining like a "whinging pomme" when people explain things in detail to you, you cannot help yourself

you risk alienating people like myself who issue the facts regardless (read my signature) and your attack on umkomaas and BG and others was not needed, nor on myself either , its not warranted

I shall leave you to it, although I hope you win because I hate people like LINK who do this to people like yourself

you actually pdddddd most people off on page 1 , including myself , bargepole and others as well, so you appear to have not learned "not to bite the hand that feeds you"

you should be complaining to those that harass you , not those who have pointed out the errors and tried to inform or to help you

remember that this isnt just "your thread" others will see it and see some of the nonsense you have posted , we dont want somebody reading this 6 or 12 months down the line and thinking you were right because points went unchallenged

maybe I am now a tad tetchy, so I will leave you to it ;)
  • Thank you. You're a great person too.
  • Pepipoo link for defence viewing and opinions

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=108631&st=120

Thanks in advance brains x
  • Just wanted to thank all of you good people for the very valued and highly valuable advice on the forum. Finally got my Defence off yesterday, with 2 hours in hand (4pm deadline).

I was out for the rest of the day then but when I got back I noticed an email from the court (timed 4:36pm) saying they couldn't open my Defence document, since I had sent it in Open Documents (.odt). That hadn't even crossed my mind as a likely issue as Open Documents is fully compatible with Office Word. They asked for it all to be re-submitted with the Defence document as a .pdf, which I did.

Also, I may have missed it on the forums but I also hadn't realised (until the last minute) these two points until I was advised by someone off the MSE and Pepipoo:

1) When emailing your Defence you send your Defence as an attachment, not pasted into your email.
    2) You can send other attachments too in support (I sent 3 pictures, jpgs).

I have also been informed off MSE that you can send up to 21 attachments! Seems a lot, but interesting to note. Last week when I rang the court I was told the email should be no more than 5mgs. That's all I was told. I didn't ask the court about pasting in or attaching and wasn't advised either way.

Anyway, thanks again all. Now for Step 2. As and when.
  • happy days, all submitted. Must be a huge relief as now the fight has started. link Parking bad firm, the website says it all for me his attitude sucks! i hope you serve his !!!! on a plate as he surely deserves it with his predatory systems

All the best
  • Just got an email from Gladstones, containing their N180 document. As expected they suggest dealing with it "on the papers". Yeah, right. If I roll over will you tickle my tummy? :rotfl:[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]"We act for the Claimant and have notified the Court of our Client’s intention to proceed with the claim.
    [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]
    Please find attached a copy of our Client’s completed Directions Questionnaire, which will be filed with the court upon their request. You will note we intend to request a special direction that the case be dealt with on the papers and without the need for an oral hearing

This request is sought simply because the matter is in our Client’s opinion relatively straightforward and the costs incurred by both parties for attending an oral hearing would be disproportionate.

You will note our Client has elected not to mediate. Its decision is not meant to be in any way obstructive and is based purely on experience, as mediation has rarely proven beneficial in these types of cases. Notwithstanding this, our Client would be happy to listen to any genuine payment proposals that you wish to put forward."
    [/FONT][/FONT]
  • Any help would be amazing. Basically, got a ticket from Minster Baywatch (York) appealed it through the grounds of Safe Guarding of children as I was responsible for a group of children and couldn't leave them unattended. They replied with 'should have left them with a parent'. POPLA declined appeal- they don't look into issues just whether the signs for tickets where clear.
    Anyway- after several threats of internal collectors and a variety of different amounts being demanded, I received a 'Claim Form' form the courts. I differed this for 14 days to try and sort out what I needed to do. Ended up getting a 'Judgement For Claimant' made against me. £253.62. And a credit score black list against me. I can appeal but it will cost £255 in a fee to fill in the form and appeal. Is this worth it? I feel so strongly that this ticket was not necessary. Any advise on what to do next would be so gratefully received. This has been going on since April!
  • System
    System Posts: 178,077
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    @fishbird56

Start your own thread and people will help. However having dithered (not differed?) you've come unstuck which is why they do it.

Looks like you'll have to pay and learn not to ignore claim forms in future.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,634
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    fishbird56 wrote: »
    Any help would be amazing. Basically, got a ticket from Minster Baywatch (York) appealed it through the grounds of Safe Guarding of children as I was responsible for a group of children and couldn't leave them unattended. They replied with 'should have left them with a parent'. POPLA declined appeal- they don't look into issues just whether the signs for tickets where clear.

Anyway- after several threats of internal collectors and a variety of different amounts being demanded, I received a 'Claim Form' form the courts. I differed this for 14 days to try and sort out what I needed to do. Ended up getting a 'Judgement For Claimant' made against me. £253.62. And a credit score black list against me. I can appeal but it will cost £255 in a fee to fill in the form and appeal. Is this worth it? I feel so strongly that this ticket was not necessary. Any advise on what to do next would be so gratefully received. This has been going on since April!
    Start a new thread if you wish to get this set aside rather than pay up without a fight - but you can't dither! You will also need to research a decent defence which is not about child safeguarding.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure