HATTON GARDEN METALS Feedback Thread

Comments

• jojo1408
    jojo1408 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 6 January 2011 at 5:11PM
    Can't quite believe I sent gold to a company who promises money - just like that - very unsure whether to do it even though my sister had used it and was really pleased with result, but that's exactly what they do, give you money straight away, got quoted £512 for 50g of gold, sent it off on the Tuesday and by Thursday had a cheque for £512!! Brilliant.:D Thankyou H.G.M
  • This is first time I've used this service. I must say I was a bit sceptical about the quote I was given on the web. I went to my two local jewelerry shops. They've both given me pretty similar quote for my 14K chain around £150. After reading the reviews and forums I decided to post it off (costs £5) to HGM on the 4th Jan. Two days later I checked my mail box. It read my account was credited on the 5th Jan with £341 !!!!! :) I simply could not believe it!!! The difference I was quoted at the local jewellers :p was almost £200 ?!!! The price I received almost matched the quote (pennies diff on gramme) and the weight differed by 0.5 gramme but my scale doesn't do decimals so the 22g were in fact 21.5g - can't argue with that! Excellent service! Highly recommended :T
  • Bubby
    Bubby Posts: 793 Forumite
    Well I took the plunge and I posted my gold yesterday at 4pm and recieved an email at 11am today and the money was in my account!!
    It weighed 36g instead of 40g but that was due to stones in the jewellery.

Fantastic, I will recommend them to all my friends and family!
  • Got a quote on the website on wednesday evening. Posted 110.5gms on Thursday morning - cost £8.05 insured for £1200 'special delivery'. Got a remiitance advice email from them yesterday (Friday) and received the cheque this morning (Saturday). £10.12p per gram £1118.45p for stuff that has been sitting in my jewellery box for years. Can't recommend them highly enough. Very professional and efficient.

:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T
  • Sent my odd bits of gold weighed my self approx 70-80 gms, and was delighted when i received the email i had £813 for it all and the cash was in my account by 13.00 hrs
    I honestly cannot believe such a small amount of what i had looked at as just a load of rubbish to me..... albeit gold; was worth so much. I have informed my family and all are on the hunt for their old bits of gold.
    would recommend this company to anyone looking for a good price and super quick service.
  • SJP
    SJP Posts: 682 Forumite
    I read about this site on the sealed pot challenge and didn't really believe it...

Hunted out all my old gold at the weekend, weighed it to about 90gms, sent it off special delivery yesterday, this morning had an email, saying it had weighed in at 103gms and they would send me £1061 to my bank account. Just been to online banking and cash sat there....

Fabulous service.... will definately recommend to anyone....
    Challenges - repay all credit cards by end of 2015
    Starting the savings for retirement :rotfl:

DS aged 14, DD aged 3 :j
  • Amanda65
    Amanda65 Posts: 2,076 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Similar to other posters, following advice on this thread I posted 36g of 9ct gold and 5g of 18ct gold to HGM yesterday evening special delivery. They have come back today with weights of 35.4g an 4.6g respectively and paid just under £459 into my account today - absolutely brilliant service and very happy to recommend :beer::beer:

thanks to everyone who was so positive before me and persuaded me to take the risk !
  • skylight
    skylight Posts: 10,716 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Home Insurance Hacker!
    Sent my gold to Hatton yesterday (Special Delivery) and the money has already been paid into my account this morning. 20.2g of 9ct I received £205 from them. Slightly more than quoted last week. Super fast turnaround!
  • Sent approx 30g of broken jewellery (not even sure if some of it was gold) special delivery yesterday just received £329 directly into bank account at 11.30 this morning thank you Hatton Garden Metals will be recommending you to all :j:j:j:j:j
    :smiley:£2 coin savers club = £194 (joined 13/10/06):smiley:
  • Brilliant company. Posted an item off yesterday, received an email this morning with an amount and saying it will be paid by my method chosen.
    Would definately use again.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure