Quidco Question and Answers

Comments

• Nine_Lives wrote: »
    I always clear my cookies when going through the cashback site. I've only ever seen Santander specify this, but for the sake of clearing cookies, i don't chance a company using it as an excuse to not pay out.

Have Quidco gone on holiday?

I'm not sure how to clear Cookies! Can someone point me in the right direction?

Dx
    ****Everything comes to those who wait......it just seems like I have been waiting forever!****
  • Nine_Lives
    Nine_Lives Posts: 3,031 Forumite

Dx
    It depends what browser you're using - IE, FireFox, Chrome etc.

Either way, throw into google "How to clear cookies in [insert browsers name here]".
  • androidgamer
    androidgamer Posts: 37 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 30 January 2013 at 5:17PM

Dx

for cookie cleaning you have 3 options:-

1. use CCleaner or SlimCleaner. both are free and they clear cookies (and other bits of clutter) from all browsers in 2 clicks - you just need to put a tick in the boxes that you want the program to clear and un-tick what you don't...easy!!

2. use two browsers - one for everyday browsing and other solely for cashback tracking with no add-ons (aka extensions) as some of these can stop the transaction from being tracked (i use Comodo Dragon for my cashback tracking and has worked 90% of the time)

***you do still need to clear the cookies from the browser your using to track cashback with to get a new/ updated tracking cookie and not an expired/ outdated one***

3. how to manually clear browsers individually:-

Mozilla Firefox
    go to Tools > Clear Recent History > Make sure the Cookies box is checked and hit Clear Now.

Internet Explorer
    go to Settings > Delete browsing history > Make sure the Cookies box is checked and hit delete

Safari
    go to Safari > Preferences > Show Cookies > Remove all

Google Chrome
    go to Chrome > Preferences > Under the hood > Clear browsing data > Make sure the Cookies box is checked and hit Clear Browsing Data

Now proceed to Quidco or TopCashback, select your chosen retailer and click the larger BLUE or ORANGE button.
  • quidco_Company_Representative
    quidco_Company_Representative Posts: 2,512 Organisation Representative
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Hello Everybody,

I am very sorry for the late return. I’m sure you all heard that yet again we won ‘Cashback site of the year’ at the annual Consumer Moneyfacts Awards, this is two years in a row, and as the award has only been available for those two years, the office has been buzzing!

I hope to answer all of your questions below.

@smallblueplanet I’m sorry you’re having this issue, I can certainly take a closer look into it, please raise a ticket here, selecting “my question is not covered above” and at the start of your message please put ‘FAO Leanne’ then I will happily take a closer look and investigate for you myself.

@man706 Unfortunately I cannot raise a ticket on your behalf, but I will be more than happy to take a look into this for you. Can you please use the same method as above and I will chase this for you.

@Nine_Lives if you find that there is a link or voucher code not working, then please use the links provided on the retailers page to report this, as there maybe times, such as this, when I am unable to report these for you. As for the problems you’ve been having with the app, this does seem strange, I myself have an S3 and have experienced no problems of late, but as we are probably in two very different areas of the country and on different networks, I would be unsure if this was a signal area.

@BRUCE225 All of the rates that are live or have ever been live with us, are recorded on our system. We are able to enter the date of purchase and it will show us exactly what rates were available at that time, this is how we can be sure that your purchase will have tracked at the appropriate amount. If we find that there has been an error then we are always happy to get this amount amended.

@prowla As you may be aware, claims can take a little longer than transactions, and our administration manager will be looking into this for you. If you would like me to take a closer look and update you in a ticket, then please use the above mentioned method and I will do so.

@voodoo85 I’m really sorry but I can’t look at your individual claims, but my team will be more than happy to check into all of your claims if you raise a ticket here under “my question is not covered above”.

@allan1954 I believe a message was sent to you today, but if not, then please take the above advice and raise a ticket for my team to investigate.

@JethroUK I’m sorry to hear these have been declined, but we do pay out millions of pounds each year in cashback, so there are a great number of people getting paid to shop. If these are declined transactions then we will happily challenge the retailers decision, just raise a declined cashback claim for this.

@Thrifty Ruby Unfortunately you do have to have been logged into your Quidco account and gone through the link to be able to claim cashback. The reason for this is that the retailer pays us for referring you and we pass this commission on as ‘cashback’. If no referral is made, then no commission is paid and we have nothing to pass on. As above, if you have a query regarding your cashback you can always raise a ticket and have us look into it, alternatively, if you have a declined transaction you can raise a decline cashback claim and we will challenge the retailer’s decision. As for how to clear cookies, @Nine_Lives is right, you can go to google and search for it (there are even helpful videos on youtube) or you can look at our help pages which have step by step guides, although if it’s your first time doing so, I would imagine a video might be easier.

Again, I am very sorry about the delay in responding, hopefully the snow and resulting flu will not stand in my way of getting back next week!

Many thanks,

Leanne :)
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of quidco. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE
  • margf
    margf Posts: 183 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Hi

Question for the Quidco rep after my previous cashback issues were resolved I thought I would give you another chance, ordered PlusNet Broadband and calls in early January but once again problems it has not tracked.

I have tried to raise a claim but you are asking me for an account number is this my Quidco account number? if so where do I find this.

Once again not happy.

I look forward to a prompt responce to enable me to once again raise a claim.
  • margf wrote: »
    Hi

Question for the Quidco rep after my previous cashback issues were resolved I thought I would give you another chance, ordered PlusNet Broadband and calls in early January but once again problems it has not tracked.

I have tried to raise a claim but you are asking me for an account number is this my Quidco account number? if so where do I find this.

Once again not happy.

I look forward to a prompt responce to enable me to once again raise a claim.
    Margf, I would suggest it's the PlusNet broadband account number that they are after. If it hasn't tracked, this is the info the retailer will need to confirm the sign up took place thru quidco.

Hope this helps,

Andrea
    ]Mortgage 1. At start £46,000, may 1996 jan 11 £27363.58 :mad: Dec 11 £25,289.00 December 12 £21,882.68
    june 2013, £[STRIKE]18,948 18,182[/STRIKE][/ September 13. Funds available to clear the darn thing! Yay! :j
  • It's been a few months now since i went onto Quidco and decided to check whether my £80 Aviva car insurance cash back had been paid and a couple other Wicks purchases - on checking my account there was no mention of it so clicked on the "manually claim your cash back " only to be greeted by a message saying that missing claims need to be raised within 7 weeks of purchase - as this is just outside of this window I've basically lost it.

I'm really angry about this - is there anything I can do as contacting Quidco just leads me into a continuous webpage loop basically telling me tough luck buddy!!

I used to be on rpoints before it closed down and never had any issues like this, it always tracked and payed out - it's a start of a new year so got quite a few things I need to get but I think I might try Topcashback - anyone had any issues with them!
  • thanks leanne got the message payed in the next 2 weeks.
  • mossmar wrote: »
    I think I might try Topcashback - anyone had any issues with them!

Just started using Topcashback and in my mind exactly the same as Quidco

First purchase got rejected for no apparent reason no explanation,raise cashback claim,same old,same old.Second one tracking so fingers crossed.

What annoys me with Quidco is the lack of customer service until you've got paid at which point it's too late. i.e wrong tracking amounts etc. the tracking amount should be spot of from the start so if there is a problem it can be actioned by Quidco or consumer could cancel their order.
  • I'm still waiting on a £110 cashback claim from December 2011 and I have no idea how to contact quidco.
    Should I raise a ticket saying 'My question is not covered above'? The last time I was contacted was in November, and I'm concerned over how long this is taking.

Thanks
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure