Capital One - Pre Approval

Options
Conjon101
Conjon101 Posts: 8 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post
edited 18 November 2018 at 8:41PM in Credit cards
Hi all

I'm after some advice please.

I've recently applied for a Capital One cc through the Clearscore credit matcher. I was successful in my application and was advised that my card was 'On its way'. I was asked to set up a monthly DD to make payments. I was happy to do this as the only reason I'm getting a Credit card is to build my credit and by fuel for my car. I was looking to pay the full amount each month. As I was setting up the DD details the laptop crashed. As it was data sensitive info I had entered I was unable to go back.

I've called the application team today to make sure everything is okay. They advised me that it was only a pre approval and that they still intended to carry out further 'background checks'. Does anybody know what these are? As far as I was concerned I had been approved and my card as on its way.

Can anybody advise if they have encountered any similar problems when applying for a Credit Card? What are the chances of me still getting my card?

I'd appreciate any advice

Thanks

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    We can't tell you your chances. It's a referral.

If you're declined,the likes of aqua or Vanquis are slightly easier to get.
  • Conjon101
    Options
    Thanks. I just find it strange to tell me my card is on its way. I've signed and received an electronic credit agreement too.

I'd like to think I'll still get it as I don't want to make too many credit applications.
  • stuart30
    stuart30 Posts: 499 Forumite
    Options
    Conjon101 wrote: »
    Thanks. I just find it strange to tell me my card is on its way. I've signed and received an electronic credit agreement too.

I'd like to think I'll still get it as I don't want to make too many credit applications.

You"ll get it in the post in a few days time...if you was getting declined they would tell you.

Id worry not mate.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport