TFL Yellow Box penalty notice

12346»

Comments

• Car_54
    Car_54 Posts: 8,208 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    To clarify, this was one of those huge box junctions - not a small one. Definitely more than a few inches, but maybe less than 5% of the length of the box.

But if 5% didn't matter, presumably they'd have made the box 5% smaller.
  • Car_54 wrote: »
    But if 5% didn't matter, presumably they'd have made the box 5% smaller.

What are we arguing here? I'm not saying you should be 5% in a yellow box.. I'm also not justifying stopping in yellow boxes lol. :rotfl:
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
    - Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate
    [/FONT]
  • GingerBob_3
    GingerBob_3 Posts: 3,659 Forumite
    Car_54 wrote: »
    The OP said "Half my car is beyond the yellow box (or just under) - front tyres beyond it, rear tyers on the wrong side."

So six or seven feet, rather than a few inches.

Fair enough, but I was thinking more about the situation described in post #17. Surely common sense could have been used there?
  • NBLondon
    NBLondon Posts: 5,527 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    d0nkeyk0ng wrote: »
    Frustratingly, I had a similar experience - driving down a busy road in London (I'm from the Midlands) and saw a box junction coming up. The car in front had plenty of space in front of it and I assumed would continue - there was clearly going to be enough space for me. He stopped so that I was halfway in/out of the box. If he'd crept forward (this was slowish moving traffic), I would have been fine.
    Yep - been there too... but never been photographed yet. After 20 plus years of driving in London, I do look ahead and try to judge whether the moving traffic will clear the box in time for me to cross and then decide whether to stop and be sure or to continue and risk having to stop unexpectedly. It's a balance of risk against making progress. Maybe Croydon is politer than my neck of the urban jungle but you would get beeped (or filtered past) if you stopped every time to wait for a full vehicle-length gap.
    Wash your Knobs and Knockers... Keep the Postie safe!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure