Transfer from Charles De Gaulle to Disneyland

Comments

• We (2 adults & 2 children aged 4 & 2) have just returned from disneyland paris and as i found this thread useful for our travels i thought i'd comment on it.

Before we left the uk i tried to book the TGV (fast train between cdg and disney station) but couldn't reserve seats and didn't want to chance just turning up on the off chance of getting on.

Therefore, i pre booked the vea shuttle bus (51 euros) from the airport to disney bus station and i booked the return on the TGV (£38.00 approx).

When we go again i will be more organised and book the TGV (through quidco - rail europe) as it was only 10minutes on the train compared to 45-60+ minutes on the bus and it worked out cheaper than the bus.

Like most hotels you have to get a shuttle bus from disney station to your hotel. The bus station is right outside of the train station.

Hope this helps anyone who is looking into transfers. Enjoy disneyland paris x
  • Hello All, Thanks to 'northwest1965' for recommending ezyshuttle.com. I used them a few weeks ago for my trip to Disney, and they were brilliant. Can't say enough about how helpful they were. I also had John, and he was great.

Thks again.
  • seanOL wrote: »
    Hello All, Thanks to 'northwest1965' for recommending ezyshuttle.com. I used them a few weeks ago for my trip to Disney, and they were brilliant. Can't say enough about how helpful they were. I also had John, and he was great.

Thks again.

I just used ezyshuttle as well and they were brilliant, I wouldn't hesitate to use them again or recommend them to anyone. go to their website for more info.
  • Wondered if anyone could give me advice, I was looking sat booking the TGV but unsure what time to book it for. We get into CDG at 09.40 and we could get the train at 10.29 but my OH is panicking that our plane may be delayed an hour etc (he always imagines the absolute worst :0), so we could book the 11.00 train. I'm just wondering how long you all leave to fly in before catching the TGV?

Thank you any advice would be appreciated. I'm thinking more the amount of time needed to collect bags, get off plane and find the TGV station.
    Competition wins - 09/03 - £500 ELC Vouchers 11/04 - Lush Goodies 21/04 - Gillette Fusion Gift Pack 22/05 - Mirrors DVD 29/05 - Return Flights to London & £500 29/05 - £50 Homebase Gift Vouchers 20/09 - Remote Control Helicopter 28/09 - £225 Bingo Win 05/10 £25 Photobox Vouchers 16/09 £90 Cash 30/11 £29 Cash 03/01 £20 03/04 Fifa Football :T
  • balletshoes
    balletshoes Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    edited 2 August 2011 at 3:13PM
    Wondered if anyone could give me advice, I was looking sat booking the TGV but unsure what time to book it for. We get into CDG at 09.40 and we could get the train at 10.29 but my OH is panicking that our plane may be delayed an hour etc (he always imagines the absolute worst :0), so we could book the 11.00 train. I'm just wondering how long you all leave to fly in before catching the TGV?

Thank you any advice would be appreciated. I'm thinking more the amount of time needed to collect bags, get off plane and find the TGV station.

I think the 11am train is the right choice - the transfer from your landing gate to the TGV station at CDG can be done in less than one hour, but it really depends on which terminal you land at, how much luggage you have to pick up etc. Giving yourselves at least one hour should ensure you make it to the TGV platform in plenty of time :).
  • becoddy
    becoddy Posts: 10 Forumite
    I am also travelling to CDG in Sept and once we land we will be getting the train to Disneyland but im reluctant to book in advance in case the flight is delayed or any other issues, does anyone know if you can just book the tickets when you get to the station? and also does it cost a lot more?

Thank You in advance!:j:T
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    edited 14 August 2011 at 1:17PM
    becoddy wrote: »
    I am also travelling to CDG in Sept and once we land we will be getting the train to Disneyland but im reluctant to book in advance in case the flight is delayed or any other issues, does anyone know if you can just book the tickets when you get to the station? and also does it cost a lot more?

why not just check the internet, easy to work out

or you check these out
  • becoddy wrote: »

We've booked in advance, but booked flexible tickets for the outbound, which are refundable or changeable up to 2 hours after the booked departure time.
    COMP WINS FOR HUBBY & I SINCE SEPTEMBER:
    2 £50 DOMINOS VOUCHERS, 13 PAIRS OF FOOTBALL TICKETS, MICROSOFT HOME EDTN, 2 PAIRS OF ALTON TOWERS TICKETS, 1 CASE OF PERCY PIGS, 1 PAIR OF LEATHER LADIES GLOVES, 4 COLLECTION 2000 PRODUCTS, PLAYSTATION 3 WITH FIFA 12, 5* HOTEL STAY IN LONDON, SEASON 6 OF SUPERNATURAL DVD, PERFECT PIZZA VOUCHER
  • philipquayle
    philipquayle Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 21 November 2011 at 10:34PM
    If your looking to travel from Charles de gaulle to disneyland paris here is a bit of advice. The fastest way to get there is by train however this involves carting your cases from one side of the airport to the other finding the right train and again carrying your cases when you get off also the price is not cheap(£76 each way for 7 of us) The second choice is the shuttle bus but this only runs until about 7pm if your arriving late (again price about £75 for 7 of us) I decided to check the price of a private transfer and found a company called inter-shuttle-prestige.com offering transport from the airport direct to your hotel and back at a cost of 80 euros (about £72) each way My only worry being paying on line then arriving at the airport to find no transport but when i contacted them to ask for their method of payment i was told i would have pay half on arrival at our hotel in disney then the other half when arriving at the aiport on the return journey this put my mind at rest. We arrived half an hour earlier than expected and found our well dressed driver in a spotless vehical with dvd player for the kids waiting for us. The journey was about half an hour but was very comfotable and relaxing the driver was pleasent and helped with our luggage. He turned up spot on time to return us to the airport. This must be by far the easiest travel option and of course the less people the cheaper. Would highly recommend
  • NNParks wrote: »
    We (2 adults & 2 children aged 4 & 2) have just returned from disneyland paris and as i found this thread useful for our travels i thought i'd comment on it.

Before we left the uk i tried to book the TGV (fast train between cdg and disney station) but couldn't reserve seats and didn't want to chance just turning up on the off chance of getting on.

Therefore, i pre booked the vea shuttle bus (51 euros) from the airport to disney bus station and i booked the return on the TGV (£38.00 approx).

When we go again i will be more organised and book the TGV (through quidco - rail europe) as it was only 10minutes on the train compared to 45-60+ minutes on the bus and it worked out cheaper than the bus.

Like most hotels you have to get a shuttle bus from disney station to your hotel. The bus station is right outside of the train station.

Hope this helps anyone who is looking into transfers. Enjoy disneyland paris x

Hello there!
    I´m planning a Disney trip next February and only the transfers are left to book. Could you please tell me how long +-did the Disney bus take from the train station to your hotel? Thabk you
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure