Return and refund request

Comments

• theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    If a returns case is open it only allows you to refund the full amount. If there is no case open, you can partially refund in PayPal but you lose FVF fees and if you refund over a certain amount (80% from memory) it will count as a full refund as far as defects are concerned and will land you with one for cancelling as out of stock.
  • bxboards
    bxboards Posts: 1,711 Forumite
    If a returns case is open it only allows you to refund the full amount. If there is no case open, you can partially refund in PayPal but you lose FVF fees and if you refund over a certain amount (80% from memory) it will count as a full refund as far as defects are concerned and will land you with one for cancelling as out of stock.

No - there are ways around this.

Open a 'buyer is returning the item' case (vis Ebay.ie) and you can then refund partially. No defect as a case covers the refund, so Ebay don't think it's a refund for out of stock.
  • theonlywayisup
    bxboards wrote: »
    No - there are ways around this.

Open a 'buyer is returning the item' case (vis Ebay.ie) and you can then refund partially. No defect as a case covers the refund, so Ebay don't think it's a refund for out of stock.

Ah, ie, I do forget about checking there. Is it definitely still open as the boards (a few weeks back) were suggesting this route has been closed?
  • bxboards
    Ah, ie, I do forget about checking there. Is it definitely still open as the boards (a few weeks back) were suggesting this route has been closed?

Yes, I did it a day or two back.

A buyer returned an item (change of mind) but paid for an Express postage upgrade. That is not refundable, so I refunded item cost only withholding the Express postage part of the payment.

Ebay should have a better way of withholding postage, as there are several scenarios where a buyer is not entitled to a refund on postage paid. Luckily Ebay.ie still works.
  • theonlywayisup
    Yes, I did it a day or two back.

A buyer returned an item (change of mind) but paid for an Express postage upgrade. That is not refundable, so I refunded item cost only withholding the Express postage part of the payment..

Thanks for confirmation.
    Ebay should have a better way of withholding postage, as there are several scenarios where a buyer is not entitled to a refund on postage paid. Luckily Ebay.ie still works.

Care to enlighten?
  • bxboards
    Thanks for confirmation.

Care to enlighten?

It's the the 2013 Consumer Regs.

Express postage upgrades are not refundable, only the cost of standard postage is.

Change of mind after 14 days is another. Item cost only is refundable.
  • theonlywayisup
    It's the the 2013 Consumer Regs.

It is the Consumer Contracts Regulations which cover change of mind returns.
    Ebay should have a better way of withholding postage, as there are several scenarios where a buyer is not entitled to a refund on postage paid.

Express postage upgrades are non refundable, what are the 'several other scenarios' you speak of. There are none.
    Change of mind after 14 days is another. Item cost only is refundable.

With change of mind returns, the outward postage needs to be refunded, not sure why you think it isn't.
  • bxboards

With change of mind returns, the outward postage needs to be refunded, not sure why you think it isn't.

Within the first 14 days,

Any change of mind returns after that period are at the seller's discretion. They don't have to accept them at all.
  • theonlywayisup
    Within the first 14 days,

Any change of mind returns after that period are at the seller's discretion. They don't have to accept them at all.

If a trader has an extended period of [change of mind] returns, they may not withhold monies other for those that are expressly outlined in the Regulations.

If you are offering a longer period you may not pick and chose what you refund.
  • bxboards
    If a trader has an extended period of [change of mind] returns, they may not withhold monies other for those that are expressly outlined in the Regulations.

If you are offering a longer period you may not pick and chose what you refund.

You are wrong.

I can see you've decided to go into argumentative mode, not going to bite further.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure