Free listings...

Does eBay still offer 100 free listings a month for private sellers?

If so where do you need to go to register / accept it?
£2 Coins Savings Club 2012 is £4 :).............................NCFC member No: 00005.........

......................................................................TCNC member No: 00008
NPFM 21

Comments

• soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,186 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Rikki wrote: »
    Does eBay still offer 100 free listings a month for private sellers?

If so where do you need to go to register / accept it?

No, the 100 free 99p start listings stopped about 18 months ago (perhaps nearer two years).

private sellers who are standard or above now get 20 free listings a month for any start price- all the details will show under your offers if you look.

left hand margin>all selling> scroll to bottom and it shows any offers and allowances you have.

Ebay also offer lots of free listings as well throughout the month, I'm getting on average 2 offers of 100 free listings a month.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Rikki
    Rikki Posts: 21,625 Forumite
    Thank you.

I knew there was some form of offer but I wasn't quite sure what
    £2 Coins Savings Club 2012 is £4 :).............................NCFC member No: 00005.........

......................................................................TCNC member No: 00008
    NPFM 21
  • I don't wish to contradict Soolin, but every so often I am offered the 100 free listings offer which I never accept. (reason to follow)
    The last time I was offered it was within the past three weeks. So I can confirm that it is indeed offered to certain persons (those who take a prolonged break from selling) on occasion, even these days, and not just "18 months ago".

Actually, I've realised something about ebay, which others should like to know, if they don't already:

If you are highly rated as a private seller, take a break from selling with Ebay. And I mean several months. Then, out of the blue, start listing something to sell. But save your listing, before you complete it. Wait a day or two, and you will start to be offered the real discounts (if they haven't sent these to you already) 50% - 60% - 70% off FFV fees. Yes, THESE are the real discounts - the ones which really make a difference to your sales ATEOTD. The 100 free listings is a gimmick by comparison.

I've been playing this out with ebay over the past year, and I couldn't be happier, but it does require a huge amount of patience. Once the FFV discounts end, you will be offered the 100 Free listings emails. Always ignore these. And take another break from selling.

They are sent repeatedly, every time you ignore them. Let at least a few weeks pass, while ignoring these, and then, when you get no more, pull the 'start to list an item trick'. Again, don't complete the item. Wait a day or so, and you too should again/also get the FFV discount email, albeit the most recent one I received was for 25% off FFV fees for up to 10 items, if listed within a 48 hour period. That was nowhere near as good a discount as they were sending me previously, but it's still a very tasty discount. List all the items you want, and then take a break from ebay. Repeat as necessary.

The above is said with this caveat though: Please note that YMMV, as there is no guarantee this will work for everyone! It was my experience to date. HTH
  • jeffuk
    jeffuk Posts: 604 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Free listing offers coming thick and fast for me. I get the 100 free listings almost every weekend and this has been going on for about a year. Last week had the 30% off FVF. This week 40 free listings with 50% off FVF.
    I never get email notifications, I have to check at the bottom of the "My All Selling" page where you find the monthly 20 free listings, usually have to accept the offer.
  • soolin
    edited 10 October 2015 at 8:21AM
    I don't wish to contradict Soolin, but every so often I am offered the 100 free listings offer which I never accept. (reason to follow)
    The last time I was offered it was within the past three weeks. So I can confirm that it is indeed offered to certain persons (those who take a prolonged break from selling) on occasion, even these days, and not just "18 months ago".

Actually, I've realised something about ebay, which others should like to know, if they don't already:

If you are highly rated as a private seller, take a break from selling with Ebay. And I mean several months. Then, out of the blue, start listing something to sell. But save your listing, before you complete it. Wait a day or two, and you will start to be offered the real discounts (if they haven't sent these to you already) 50% - 60% - 70% off FFV fees. Yes, THESE are the real discounts - the ones which really make a difference to your sales ATEOTD. The 100 free listings is a gimmick by comparison.

I've been playing this out with ebay over the past year, and I couldn't be happier, but it does require a huge amount of patience. Once the FFV discounts end, you will be offered the 100 Free listings emails. Always ignore these. And take another break from selling.

They are sent repeatedly, every time you ignore them. Let at least a few weeks pass, while ignoring these, and then, when you get no more, pull the 'start to list an item trick'. Again, don't complete the item. Wait a day or so, and you too should again/also get the FFV discount email, albeit the most recent one I received was for 25% off FFV fees for up to 10 items, if listed within a 48 hour period. That was nowhere near as good a discount as they were sending me previously, but it's still a very tasty discount. List all the items you want, and then take a break from ebay. Repeat as necessary.

The above is said with this caveat though: Please note that YMMV, as there is no guarantee this will work for everyone! It was my experience to date. HTH

If you read my post again you will see that you don't need to contradict me at all. The automatic 100 free 99p listings that used to be in place were taken away. However the offers are still coming thick and fast regardless of how often you use your account.

The Only 'automatic' listings are the 20 free that all standard and above private sellers get. as my post goes on to state there are still plenty of 100 free listing offers, as well as discounted FVFs etc, available by invitation.

Also if you subscribe to this thread you get updates when the offers are out so you can check your own account.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3824175
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • earlywormgetsthebird
    earlywormgetsthebird Posts: 45 Forumite
    edited 10 October 2015 at 10:00AM
    Touche!? And if *you* read my post (I *did* indeed read yours, but I was actually saying something somewhat different...), you would know that they do sometimes *still* offer the 100 free listings, but under certain circumstances, such as those I described in my post.

Moreover, I saw this comment from you, which inspired my response most of all, and I now quote verbatim:

"No, the 100 free 99p start listings stopped about 18 months ago (perhaps nearer two years)."

...Which I know to be ...questionable. I didn't mean to rattle your stand, or anything like that, but there ya go.
  • soolin
    Touche!? And if *you* read my post (I *did* indeed read yours, but I was actually saying something somewhat different...), you would know that they do sometimes *still* offer the 100 free listings, but under certain circumstances, such as those I described in my post.

Moreover, I saw this comment from you, which inspired my response most of all, and I now quote verbatim:

"No, the 100 free 99p start listings stopped about 18 months ago (perhaps nearer two years)."

...Which I know to be ...questionable. I didn't mean to rattle your stand, or anything like that, but there ya go.

I think we are both saying the same thing but in different ways.

Up to about 18 months ago private sellers automatically got 100 free listings for items with a 99p start. They were automatically available from the 1st of every month. They were stopped and replaced with the 20 free listings for any start price.

The offers of 100 free at any price, or FVF discounts are not automatic and are by invite only- that has been the same now for many years. They are not automatic and not everyone gets them. many of us on here get at least 2 offers of 100 free listings a month- on top of the standard 20 free that all private sellers get.

You question my statement

""No, the 100 free 99p start listings stopped about 18 months ago (perhaps nearer two years).""

which I maintain is correct- they did stop having been automatically added to seller accounts for a couple of years before that on a monthly basis.

Incidentally, there is a FVF discount offer running today- nothing to do with not using your account or anything- just a routine by invite only. I have it on my private accounts. 40 free listings with a 50% discount on FVFs, and that is on top of the standard free 20 listings that all standard and above private sellers get.
  • Hi again, well, fair enough, as I'm not into arguing the specifics of semantics today.

Re the very recent "40 free listings and 50% off FVF" offer, you're right, and indeed, I got that too. It's a good one.

With all respect, I still suspect, nonetheless, I've been receiving many more FVF discounts over the past year, & 100 free listings, than had I just been selling as usual, but who knows? Perhaps they are sending out so many discount offers, regardless of how much or how little anyone sells. So I stand corrected if wrong. But I still like to feel that I'm onto something.
  • soolin
    Hi again, well, fair enough, as I'm not into arguing the specifics of semantics today.

Re the very recent "40 free listings and 50% off FVF" offer, you're right, and indeed, I got that too. It's a good one.

With all respect, I still suspect, nonetheless, I've been receiving many more FVF discounts over the past year, & 100 free listings, than had I just been selling as usual, but who knows? Perhaps they are sending out so many discount offers, regardless of how much or how little anyone sells. So I stand corrected if wrong. But I still like to feel that I'm onto something.

Free is always nice :D

There are still some people who don't seem to get these regular offers and are stuck with just the usual 20 free per month. many of us though seem inundated with them and like me get more than we can possibly use.

It might not continue for ever, but let's make the most of it while we can! We have a chat thread as well if you want to join in general chat about the offers- sometimes there are even two or three different offers running at the same time with people getting different ones- which can confuse some sellers.
  • Thank you very much, Soolin :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport