Biomass wood pellet prices - bagged and bulk

Comments

• 5% discount is possible at WHE, one of my earlier posts has details.
  • Hi Cancunia,

Did you start burning the new pellets yet?

I've got to place an order for some this week so reviewing the options again.

Was the pallet stacked well and the delivery ok?

Thanks,

Rick
  • thozza
    thozza Posts: 304 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    RickMoney wrote: »
    Hi Cancunia,

Did you start burning the new pellets yet?

I've got to place an order for some this week so reviewing the options again.

Was the pallet stacked well and the delivery ok?

Thanks,

Rick

I have started using my latest delivery of AKZ pellets, so far so good, well stacked on the pallet in 15kg bags, look identical to the Brites & Verdo, burn well, would recommend. Purchased from Luxury Wood Co. but also available from Premier Pellets. Hope this helps.
  • Thanks Thozza,

That is useful. With the discount code from WHE their prices are even more attractive. I guess the Firepower ones seem to be the cheapest A1 pellets so wonder if anyone has experience of these?
  • thozza
    thozza Posts: 304 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    RickMoney wrote: »
    Thanks Thozza,

That is useful. With the discount code from WHE their prices are even more attractive. I guess the Firepower ones seem to be the cheapest A1 pellets so wonder if anyone has experience of these?

The Firepower certainly look to be the cheapest A1 pellets today (tomorrow things could have changed!), and they are manufactured by AKZ as they are carrying the LV001 ENPlus number, which is AKZ (you can check any number on the ENPlus website http://www.enplus-pellets.eu/production/certified-producers/), so are basically the same as the ones that I bought.

I purchased a few weeks ago when the AKZ were slightly cheaper than Firepower. I have been impressed with them so far and prefer the 15kg bags (I am reasonably fit) which seem to be made of thinner gauge polythene than the UK pellets I have bought, and easier to dispose of. I seem to generate a lot of waste PE bags and I find that they are, frankly, a pain to get rid of.
  • Good to hear Thozza, I'll place an order for those I think.

I know what you mean about the bags. I had hoped they could be recycled but our ouncil won't take them. I've saved them in the thought to use as rubble sacks for the future.
  • cancunia
    cancunia Posts: 97 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 23 November 2015 at 10:14AM
    My pellets came from WHE but are Premium Plus as opposed to Firepower, although they are both Baltic origin so likely to be similar quality. My experience with WHE's customer service was very positive and the delivery very prompt.

A quick update to this post, as Thozza stated, AKZ & Firepower have the same ENPlus registration, so must come from the same manufacturer and so could well be the same thing.
    From what I've read elsewhere, Baltic timber generally grows at a slower rate than UK grown timber so tends to be denser, I'm not sure if this has an effect on the burn quality of pellets or ash/ residue so it would be interesting to get some feedback on this from others.
  • Hello
    Interesting thread and great effort on the wood pellet website - really well done. I hope you really get the support for it. Anyway, I have a wood pellet boiler - an Extraflame LP20, since March 2013. I ordered a pallet of GRANULTA EN+A1 BSL CERT wood pellets from the Luxury Wood Company for 199 pounds delivered.
    Ordered on Tuesday 17 Nov 2015 and took delivery on Friday 20th Nov. I live in Colchester, Essex.
    Great order, no complaints. Delivery driver dropped the pallet at the top of the driveway and I got my weekly workout transferring them into the shed.
    Best price I have ever had for a 975KG pallet, I believe. Ordered in October and paid 252 for a pallet of Verdos. The new ones seem to be heating fine.
  • I took delivery of the pellets from WHE today. Good fast turnaround as they tried to deliver yesterday in fact. Bags look good and well wrapped to protect from the showers. There were a few damaged bags from transit but WHE customer services were very good.

My one niggle, and I've provided feedback is they are stacked 5 to a layer on a small footprint pallet so it was tall and thin. It listed quite a lot on unloading from the truck and in this case the pallet was broken which didn't help. I prefer to see shorter stacks and I'll be repalletising it in storage to reduce pressure on the bottom bags.

As other people have said, I have a code to give 5% first orders with WHE which also gives me acc credit but let me know if you wish to use.

Thanks again to the feedback and comments ppl gave.

Rick
  • RickMoney wrote: »
    I took delivery of the pellets from WHE today. Good fast turnaround as they tried to deliver yesterday in fact. Bags look good and well wrapped to protect from the showers. There were a few damaged bags from transit but WHE customer services were very good.

My one niggle, and I've provided feedback is they are stacked 5 to a layer on a small footprint pallet so it was tall and thin. It listed quite a lot on unloading from the truck and in this case the pallet was broken which didn't help. I prefer to see shorter stacks and I'll be repalletising it in storage to reduce pressure on the bottom bags.

As other people have said, I have a code to give 5% first orders with WHE which also gives me acc credit but let me know if you wish to use.

Thanks again to the feedback and comments ppl gave.

Rick

What pellets did you buy from WHE?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family