Swagbucking into 2017

Options

Comments

• mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,898 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    On Swagbucks then coming to this thread got 14 sb for searching for it instead of using a bookmark (which I now will use for other visits today)
  • minimadtrix
    Options
    mjm3346 wrote: »
    On Swagbucks then coming to this thread got 14 sb for searching for it instead of using a bookmark (which I now will use for other visits today)

Thank you. I just did the same and got 9SB :j
  • zugzwang
    Options
    Boodedoo wrote: »
    On your OHs phone, sign out of EntertainNow from his log in, sign into your account and run it then you should get the swagup. Once you have it you can sign out and he can sign back in again. Should work

Multiple accounts per household are allowed of course.

But two swagbucks accounts on one phone? Does anyone here do this?

Aren't they likely to flag your account as someone with two accounts and ban both accounts?

Otherwise, in theory Bobbybun could run the mobile apps every day on OH phone after he's run them-potentially for another 140SB per day.
  • Happygreen
    Options
    Bobbybun wrote: »
    I have got one too :)

My husband's account didn't receive it - I checked.

The difference between our accounts is that mine does not gain SB from EntertainNow on the mobile phone but my husband's does. Perhaps it's an incentive to download EntertainNow? I would but my phone can't run it..

I've never used or seen EntertainNow before, no idea even where to find it on SB. Maybe the SwagUp is an incentive to ?
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, and then you win - Gandhi
  • fraserbooks
    Options
    I got the 50 SB from entertain now by watching videos from my tablet not my mobile phone. I had no idea I had a swagup until I suddenly got the extra points. It does not count towards the daily total unfortunately.
  • Boodedoo
    Options
    zugzwang wrote: »
    Multiple accounts per household are allowed of course.

But two swagbucks accounts on one phone? Does anyone here do this?

Aren't they likely to flag your account as someone with two accounts and ban both accounts?

Otherwise, in theory Bobbybun could run the mobile apps every day on OH phone after he's run them-potentially for another 140SB per day.

As long as its not simultaneous (which wouldn't be possible) I can't see either why it would be a problem or how SB would know. We share a computer here, we each sign in/out of our accounts when we have done what we are going to and if the other person is free and in the mood they would sign in and use it. I really can't see a problem with it.We aren't doing it at simultaneously just using the same hardware consecutively.

to run 2 double loads of phone apps consecutively would take some doing - timewise, but yes I would think it would be okay with SB.
  • zugzwang
    Options
    Boodedoo wrote: »
    As long as its not simultaneous (which wouldn't be possible) I can't see either why it would be a problem or how SB would know. We share a computer here, we each sign in/out of our accounts when we have done what we are going to and if the other person is free and in the mood they would sign in and use it. I really can't see a problem with it.We aren't doing it at simultaneously just using the same hardware consecutively.

to run 2 double loads of phone apps consecutively would take some doing - timewise, but yes I would think it would be okay with SB.

I think Swagbucks would know if the same phone is used to access two accounts because the apps have permissions to determine the phone number, wi fi address, device id etc. I think the apps have this permission to identify the phone precisely because they want to detect people who try to run multiple accounts.

As you say, many people share a pc.But video watch optons on the pc arent limited really. You wouldn't gain much in being able to watch more videos on the pc by having multiple accounts. They say you are limited to earning 500SB per day on watch, but cant say Ive ever managed that.

Apps are more strict. 10SB per app twice a day. But with two accounts the phone is earning up to 280 SB per day. Suspicious? They ban people for suspicious behaviour.

However, nothing in rules against sharing a phone, so probably fine I guess.
  • Throwaway1
    Options
    zugzwang wrote: »
    I think Swagbucks would know if the same phone is used to access two accounts because the apps have permissions to determine the phone number, wi fi address, device id etc. I think the apps have this permission to identify the phone precisely because they want to detect people who try to run multiple accounts.

As you say, many people share a pc.But video watch optons on the pc arent limited really. You wouldn't gain much in being able to watch more videos on the pc by having multiple accounts. They say you are limited to earning 500SB per day on watch, but cant say Ive ever managed that.

Apps are more strict. 10SB per app twice a day. But with two accounts the phone is earning up to 280 SB per day. Suspicious? They ban people for suspicious behaviour.

However, nothing in rules against sharing a phone, so probably fine I guess.

My husband and I have been using the same phone for over a year. I don't have a smartphone so there's no other way for me to run the apps. Never had a problem with it.
    MFW - OP 10% each year to clear mortgage in 10 years!
    2019: £16,125/£16,125
    2020: £14,172.64/£14,172.64
    2021: £12,333.62/£12,333.62
    2022: £10,626.55/£10,626.55
    2023: switched tactics to saving in a higher interest rate account than mortgage interest rate
    2024: mortgage neutral!
  • Throwaway1
    Options
    Does anyone know hoq you qualify for the EntertainNow bonus? My husband got the swagup, played the videos and the 50SB credited. I don't have the swagup on mine and didn't get the 50SB despite playing the videos.
    MFW - OP 10% each year to clear mortgage in 10 years!
    2019: £16,125/£16,125
    2020: £14,172.64/£14,172.64
    2021: £12,333.62/£12,333.62
    2022: £10,626.55/£10,626.55
    2023: switched tactics to saving in a higher interest rate account than mortgage interest rate
    2024: mortgage neutral!
  • Super_Trouper
    Options
    I haven't really been paying attention to the EntertainNow swagup. What do you need to do in order to use it to get the 50SB?

I think it uses an app - I don't use any of the apps at all because my phone is not the latest so I can never install them. I guess I can't use the swagup even if I have it then?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure