IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Nurses in Cardiff NHS face huge bills

Comments

• waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    smjxm09 wrote: »
    Maybe some of them was following the advice here that private parking companies issues parking charges was not enforceable. Seems that it is.

Of course they are enforcable, Beavis clarified that. The advice here is to appeal and not to ignore unless in Scotland or N.I.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,340 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    smjxm09 wrote: »
    Maybe some of them was following the advice here that private parking companies issues parking charges was not enforceable. Seems that it is.

No regular contributor ever gives that advice. Plenty of misinformed posters question the enforceability of private parking charges. They are always given the correct information.

Maybe you need to do a bit of reading before posting drivel, no doubt designed to attempt to undermine the credibility of this forum.

Big FAIL, I'm afraid.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • beamerguy wrote: »
    I wonder what you would do if you were issued a permit and be one of 10,000 permits when there were only 1000 spaces available.
    Would you not consider this as fraudulent ?
    I have a permit to park where I work but we have a rota due to the car park not being big enough so park elsewhere when I can't get a space.
    We also share the car park with another company but I don't use their empty spaces due to parking invoices being issued if we park there.
    The staff are quite aware that if their allocated spaces are full they need to park elsewhere or pay or they will receive an invoice, that's their choice.
    The problem is they have ignored all the invoices rather than challenge them and let them build up as they have been given poor information or just ignored the notices in order to possibly make a point.
    I hate these companies with a vengeance but don't ignore what they are doing
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Unison were approached right at the start of all this.

They were as much use as a fart in a trance.

(post on PPs blog )
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Unison were approached right at the start of all this.

There was a 2015 Phase which Unison managed to kill so that any ticket prior to April 2016 was "apparently" cancelled. Don't know what happened to those but the transcript will show it.

And for any of you that haven't been to that site, it is a nightmare with cars abandoned in front of A&E spaces and ambulances being blocked.

As usual there are no winners in this one save for the solicitors as UHW have got to work out how they will crew up shifts if staff cannot come there for fear of being targeted by Indigo.

Indigo's 20 year contract runs out next year.
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Why oh why did they think they would win this.

Because, imo, they should have,

The judge made so many questionable decisions, and appears not to have understood that this is a scam. I have no doubt that, in the long run, the golden thread of British Justice will prevail.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    The real tragedy here, as I understand it, is that there are insufficient places for staff to park when any shift is in and the nearest car parking is 45 minutes away.

Now you don't need to be a genius to see that if staff can't get into work, operations get cancelled and patients suffer. If no additional space is in the area, then a reallocation of space giving staff more space and visitors less is sensible.

But sooner or later the staff may very well be forced to take industrial action.

One question - do administrative senior managers have guaranteed parking??????????????
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I'm note sure this is as bad as they are saying. The "huge costs" was because the judge took exception to some form of behaviour.

Going forward the behavior won't be there so the "huge costs" will be gone and it will be down to £20 per ticket.

Have a feeling the judge was smarter than people give credit here.
  • TrickyWicky
    TrickyWicky Posts: 4,025 Forumite
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    No regular contributor ever gives that advice. Plenty of misinformed posters question the enforceability of private parking charges.

Actually years ago we used to say just that - ignore it. But then the BPA chewed the governments butt about it and the government amended the law with the ironically named "Bill of freedoms" which actually took away a few freedoms instead. That was the turning point for the whole thing and this country has carried on being fed to the dogs ever since.

There were massive arguments on here at the time with some users saying to carry on ignoring while others could see what was going on with the government getting in on it.

It's a shame these nurses have been hit like this just for trying to do the public a service. There is a gofundme page for them. Lesson for the hospital trust is that if you want to retain your staff you don't go kicking them in the teeth and then turning the screw.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,340 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Note the present tense 'gives', not 'gave'.

People rely on snippets from years ago, especially if it gives them comfort, with no checking of the current position. Pub experts are great proponents.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport