Ex still uses my address to advertise his business online.

Options
2»

Comments

• chesky
    chesky Posts: 1,341 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Be very careful if you are receiving any kind of benefits. Both the DWP and HMRC are very sharp on whether ex husbands have actually moved out if their previous address still appears on business papers or bank accounts. It can take ages to sort out as they don't always believe wives who say 'he moved out ages ago'. They have to prove it.
  • Guest101 wrote: »
    Not sure how serious your post is...
    What do you mean by that please? Is it you are Not sure this is a big issue or that you think I would make it up?
  • PeacefulWaters
    PeacefulWaters Posts: 8,495 Forumite
    Options
    What do you mean by that please? Is it you are Not sure this is a big issue or that you think I would make it up?
    It was a reply to my response, not a reply to your question.
  • tealady
    tealady Posts: 3,743 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    If your ex is not responding to a polite request can you post on his website to say he does not trade from your address (or on his FB page if he has one). That would be honest, factual and alert potential customers.
    Find out who you are and do that on purpose (thanks to Owain Wyn Jones quoting Dolly Parton)
  • Guest101
    Guest101 Posts: 15,764 Forumite
    Options
    tealady wrote: »
    If your ex is not responding to a polite request can you post on his website to say he does not trade from your address (or on his FB page if he has one). That would be honest, factual and alert potential customers.

You could, but he'd just delete it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport