Add your feedback on energy supplier Extra Energy

Options

Comments

• mulder0
    mulder0 Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    Now extra energy have taken back the £12 government rebate given to me in October 14 removed in March 15
  • fussypensioner
    fussypensioner Posts: 3,249 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    edited 12 April 2015 at 11:10AM
    Options
    mulder0 wrote: »
    Now extra energy have taken back the £12 government rebate given to me in October 14 removed in March 15

Read back a few pages, we all have had the £12 deducted but it will come back apparently. Most people are switching NOW before EE owe them any more money and asking to waive the penalty because of the diabolical service. I am cancelling my DD tomorrow as I am switching back to EDF after only 8 months with EE, and telling them why. Anyway if you switch through the MSE club you can usually get a £30 cash back which goes some way to paying any penalty.
    Holding back the years...
  • lisa110rry
    lisa110rry Posts: 1,794 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    As you may recall from post 1408, I emailed EE last week with my spreasdsheet showing that I currently (just) am in credit sufficiently to cover my fuel usage for the next five months, based upon last year's usage. Last year was a remarkably warm one where I live and of course I can't be sure this year will live up to 2014. However it seemed clear that my direct debit should be reduced. I am having quite a quiet day at work today, so I telephoned EE this morning, had a nice chat with a very bright person and we agreed to reduce my dd once again from £118 to £29 per month. Probably still more than it needs to be, but we're getting closer...
    “And all shall be well. And all shall be well. And all manner of things shall be exceeding well.”
    ― Julian of Norwich
    In other words, Don't Panic!
  • Lizzie123_2
    Options
    I moved out of my house on 19/01/15 and still haven't had a final bill despite logging my meter readings straight away. This company are terrible. They are quick to send you letters telling you not to cancel your direct debit after you've left so they can continue taking your money but absolutely terrible at replying to or even acknowledging requests for a final bill or rebates. I think this is a company policy designed to rip people off.

Despite being polite on the phone today when told that the billing department STILL couldn't help because their servers were down, when I stated I would like to make a complaint the customer service advisor put the phone down on me. I called straight back and ended up on the phone for a total of just over 2 hours in the end.

I was told that the first guy had lied to me and that if the servers were down for one department they would be down for all, put me on hold, went to find out if I could get my final bill then came back to say she had spoken to the billings manager who told her that as a company ALL final bills had been cancelled until further notice due a huge mistake they had made as a company.

I asked to her to escalate my call to a manager as I had been on the phone for some time now, been waiting already for 3 months and didn't see an end to this. She tried everything to put me off, told me she'd try to get her manager to ring me after she was back off her late lunch but couldn't guarantee it, so I asked to speak to another manager, was told there was no customer service manager on the floor at all, again stated that I was staying on the phone until I spoke to a manager and eventually got put through to a 'Disputed Readings Manager' named Andy Homer who told me I'd get my final bill straight away. I informed him of what I'd been told about them being cancelled until further notice to which he said 'oh'. I asked to speak to a manager who could actually help me and he said he'd been on holiday and perhaps a notification had come through while he'd been off. Put me on hold and went off to find out more, when he came back he said yes that was correct, no final bills were being produced until further notice.

By this time I was reading this forum and said to him 'but I'm reading MSE forum and can see that there are people who have received theirs in the last few days so that can't be true' He had absolutely no response to this so I asked to be put through to complaints. He refused and said it was impossible, initially stating that there wasn't a complaints compartment but then correcting himself saying he couldn't put me through. Apparently I have had a complaint logged now and should receive my bill soon but I have absolutely no faith in this small time, rip off company.

Please please don't be sucked in by the ridiculously low rates, they are low for a reason. This company really are the worst I've dealt with for any kind of services and clearly are holding a lot of peoples' money including mine. I dread to think the amount of less persistent people they have ripped off
  • fussypensioner
    fussypensioner Posts: 3,249 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    lisa110rry wrote: »
    Yesterday (late in the afternoon) I emailed the "blogresponse" email address, attaching my calculation spreadsheet and showing that I was more in credit as at today (£223.26) than the cost of my energy used last year between mid-April and October (£195.04), both sums including VAT. Granted we may not have the same splendid weather we had last year, I have asked EE to reduce my direct debit to £10 per month. I'll post any response. To date since last April, I've had my dd increased (£190ish), then reduced somewhat (to £160 before the increase to £190 took effect, on my request), then the following month to £129 (the original dd amount) then to £118. All these changes, except the £190ish one, were in response to my evidence.

I must say that your DD seems quite high. Mine is £88 per month for a medium sized 4 bed detached how did they arrive at such an amount of £190 from last April. Although we are at home most days we don't have the heating on all day in the winter. Their estimate of £88 pm has so far been almost spot for winter use. (I'm switching back to EDF and have cancelled my DD with EE)
    Holding back the years...
  • Hern
    Hern Posts: 464 Forumite
    Options
    Lizzie123 wrote: »
    He had absolutely no response to this so I asked to be put through to complaints. He refused and said it was impossible, initially stating that there wasn't a complaints compartment but then correcting himself saying he couldn't put me through. Apparently I have had a complaint logged now and should receive my bill soon but I have absolutely no faith in this small time, rip off company.

Please please don't be sucked in by the ridiculously low rates, they are low for a reason. This company really are the worst I've dealt with for any kind of services and clearly are holding a lot of peoples' money including mine. I dread to think the amount of less persistent people they have ripped off

The impression that this is a thinly-resourced overseas outfit set up to attract investment money on the back of volume figures which it is known Extra Energy is incapable of handling -- but which look outstandingly good on paper -- grows stronger by the day.

The regulator should be suspending the company's operating license now.

What with this mess running concurrently with the false-flagged Sainsbury's Energy switching disaster, it's probably time, too, for MSE to suspend its publicity of "best buys" in a market sector which it clearly isn't equipped to contend with.
  • clangerette
    Options
    I left them 4 months ago and am still battling to get my final bill and the credit they owe me. Ombudsman involved but useless. EE lie every time I phone them, nobody available/they will ring me back etc but it never happens. I am desperate for the money back but they couldn't care less, I am never going to get it
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,855 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Working out the bill is not difficult. Do it, calculate how much they owe you and issue a letter before action then follow it through to court. They are clearly in breach of their own terms and conditions and as the ombudsman is as much use as a chocolate fire guard you need to do this yourself.
  • AbbieCadabra
    AbbieCadabra Posts: 1,707 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 14 April 2015 at 12:08PM
    Options
    in view of the current state of play with final bills/credits due, would you cancel your DD in these circumstances?

had my welcome letter from Flow Energy today advising the transfer should be within 2-3 weeks.

i've just calculated use to today's readings & i'm in credit by approx.£5.

my next DD is towards the end of this month at £91.00.

the weather seems to be on the up so I'd hope not to use anything more than say £3 per day total gas/elec over the next 2-3 weeks??

to cancel April DD or not? i'm thinking yes! :) i'd rather have a final balance due than EE owe me something...(i will be disputing the £50 exit fees).

n.b. thank goodness i questioned their proposed increase in DD up to £135 per month when they billed me in November!

edit: thought i'd add today's readings to my EE account whilst logged in (the site only crashed once with a 'technical fault' message so some improvement there!) & it looks like a scheduled read was taken/estimated 31.03.14 (my last bill was to a reading 06.10.14, billed 24.11.14), so still appears to be a delay in normal bills being produced. no other supplier ever took 6 weeks to issue a bill after reading the meter/estimating reads.
  • petervq
    Options
    I switched to extra energy in May 2014. Despite providing meter readings i cannot get a bill from them. Can't get through on the phone. Have sent messages via their website which they dont respond to. Have sent e mails to which i got one response in February saying bill was being quality checked but never received a bill. I therefore have no idea whether i am in credit or debit 11 months after signing up. They have taken my direct debits every month so my account just shows a huge credit. I note they credited the £12 government refund in October but debited it back from the account in March yet I am a domestic user. Don't join this company!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure