Royal Mail Surveys rewarded with Stamps.

Comments

• Yes that's very helpful, thank you very much.

I have another couple of queries please. I've just posted an envelope (Friday) and the 'next collection' plate said Tuesday. I posted in the same box two days ago (Wednesday) and the plate was displaying Tuesday for the next collection, so the 'next collection' plate hasn't been changed for at least 3 days.

Also, one of the boxes I use is very old and doesn't have a slot to display a 'next collection' day, due to its very basic design.

I think it's a shame there's not a small message box when you are recording the posting details, to show, for example, the second box doesn't have the facility to change the collection day, and it is not a postman's error.

Should I email and inform TNS of my findings, or just leave it?
  • libra10
    libra10 Posts: 18,682 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    It might be an idea to let TNS know about these issues, quote the ID number of the post box when emailing.

If the mail from the boxes isn't being collected daily, it's bound to affect the length of time taken for mail to reach its destination.

Best wishes
  • Thanks, I will, but I must say I suspect they're not bothering to change the plate, rather than not emptying the box. It's what I would call a busy box, a full-size pillar type, on a main road.
  • Yes that's very helpful, thank you very much.

I have another couple of queries please. I've just posted an envelope (Friday) and the 'next collection' plate said Tuesday. I posted in the same box two days ago (Wednesday) and the plate was displaying Tuesday for the next collection, so the 'next collection' plate hasn't been changed for at least 3 days.

Also, one of the boxes I use is very old and doesn't have a slot to display a 'next collection' day, due to its very basic design.

I think it's a shame there's not a small message box when you are recording the posting details, to show, for example, the second box doesn't have the facility to change the collection day, and it is not a postman's error.

Should I email and inform TNS of my findings, or just leave it?

At my local post box sometimes they don't bother putting a day plate in the slot. That's when I select "None of these" from the list.
  • I gave TNS some feedback that I appeared to be receiving and sending a lot of post for the survey. They appear to be listening as I have only had to send one letter this week and have received 2 this week for the survey.

Much better.
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    I gave TNS some feedback that I appeared to be receiving and sending a lot of post for the survey. They appear to be listening as I have only had to send one letter this week and have received 2 this week for the survey.

Much better.

Why not just stop doing it?
  • Hi,

Just received the box to post with the £4 (4 x £1)love to shop incentive - but my vouchers have holes in them???- I can see the metallic security strip ,is this normal?
    Would be grateful for a reply - Thanks

I also got the same with the instruction leaflet on how to post the cube. In it says
    "You might notice that the look of Love2Shop vouchers has changed slightly. You'll find they now have small perforations in them. This is just an added security feature and isn't a defect"

I have two questions for you if you can answer or anyone else who can.

1) When taking the cube to the PO counter what do I say to the cashier if he/she asks what is in the box. I am sure it to be asked. I read somewhere but it is many pages away. So lost in post(lol). I think it says just say there is a battery operated toy. If we say there is a tracking device they might flag it up or something.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

2)Another thing is the instructions online and on the schedule sheet I got say to include a SMART with it but there is no SMART id online schedule which was updated on Thu. I have to post it on Wed so do I hod on it until week later when I should have a SMART linked to it or post it with no SMART in it and say SMART not included when filling in online form.

Thanks in Advance.
  • KAAT_LADY
    KAAT_LADY Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    SpreadPyar wrote: »
    I also got the same with the instruction leaflet on how to post the cube. In it says
    "You might notice that the look of Love2Shop vouchers has changed slightly. You'll find they now have small perforations in them. This is just an added security feature and isn't a defect"

I have two questions for you if you can answer or anyone else who can.

1) When taking the cube to the PO counter what do I say to the cashier if he/she asks what is in the box. I am sure it to be asked. I read somewhere but it is many pages away. So lost in post(lol). I think it says just say there is a battery operated toy. If we say there is a tracking device they might flag it up or something.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

2)Another thing is the instructions online and on the schedule sheet I got say to include a SMART with it but there is no SMART id online schedule which was updated on Thu. I have to post it on Wed so do I hod on it until week later when I should have a SMART linked to it or post it with no SMART in it and say SMART not included when filling in online form.

Thanks in Advance.

No one asked me what was in it I just handed it over
    mortgage free as of 06/02/2008#
    berthas buddies No 5
    murphys no more pies club member ,No 242..
    .,night owl 25

• Saetana
    Saetana Posts: 1,542 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I usually say its a sample of oasis (the stuff you put flowers in) if they ask. My post office now just asks if there is anything in the parcel that is against regulations, haven't been asked exactly what is in the box for a while now.

If there is no SMART listed on the online posting schedule then you do not include a SMART. The online schedule is more up to date than the paper schedule and is the one you should go by.
    2020 Wins:
  • custardy wrote: »
    Why not just stop doing it?

Why when I am having to send & receive a few items per week lol ?

Little effort needed now.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport