• Alchemilla
    Alchemilla Posts: 6,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Happy blogging x
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 6 August 2015 at 1:13PM
    Thanks Al! Just been grouping pix to use on the cat blog :) its a hard life :)

Also just harvested 9oz of blackberries on the local rough ground ...
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • You are doing really well finding so many blackberries, KC. We went for a walk down a country lane to our usual wild bushes yesterday and there were so few ripe berries and the developing ones were very few and far between.

Thank you, I slept very well but am always up and about early as about 6 hours is all I need:j. Early mornings are my best time of day, it's downhill all the way from now onwards:rotfl:

Your Mum is very fortunate to have so many holidays:T. Norfolk with you and now France with your sister. Didn't she also spend time in France within the past few months? I'm sure I recall your mentioning it not so long ago but I read a few other diaries so it could have been someone else's Mum.

Blogging sounds fun, especially when it's cat-related:). Enjoy what's left of your day.
  • Karmacat
    You are doing really well finding so many blackberries, KC. We went for a walk down a country lane to our usual wild bushes yesterday and there were so few ripe berries and the developing ones were very few and far between.
    They seem very early this year - and frankly, I take all the early ones I can find, because I don't take any of the later ones, submerged as they are in wasps and spiders' webs :o
    Thank you, I slept very well but am always up and about early as about 6 hours is all I need:j. Early mornings are my best time of day, it's downhill all the way from now onwards:rotfl:
    Me too! Once I've had my coffee, anyway :D
    Your Mum is very fortunate to have so many holidays:T. Norfolk with you and now France with your sister. Didn't she also spend time in France within the past few months? I'm sure I recall your mentioning it not so long ago but I read a few other diaries so it could have been someone else's Mum.
    You're right, thats *my* mum. She goes to my sister's French cottage twice a year, with my sister, and has Norfolk once a year with both of us. To be healthy enough to do that *is* luck, more or less, the luck of genetics, and she's wanted to skimp on insurance, because at her age it costs a horrendous amount. I tried to explain how much an air ambulance back from France would cost, if she broke her leg or something :eek::eek::eek: heaven forbid, so she accepted she has to tell them the absolute truth now.
    Blogging sounds fun, especially when it's cat-related:). Enjoy what's left of your day.
    It is :D:D:D and you enjoy yours too. I'm going to process the fruits before I do anything else computery :)

ETA - another yougov survey, now I do them the day I see them, they're adding up - 4330 points now :)
  • YouGov seems to be very active nowadays. I was lucky to receive one survey every other week and now it's practically every day:T. I make sure I get on with them quickly too as, like you, I'm coming towards the end of the long, long journey to my £50 payment:j
  • Goldiegirl
    Goldiegirl Posts: 8,805 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    Hello KC, you're home after all :D

Impressive blackberrying - I looked at our local bushes today as we walked past. In a few weeks there should be loads, but we are not quite there yet.

I also think You Gov has picked up a lot recently. The other day I had a survey which paid 150 points, which is almost unheard of these days

Your mum is doing very well with her travelling. It's great that she's enjoying herself so much
    Early retired - 18th December 2014
    If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,255 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    I have never had 150 points on You Gov!!
    Every time I get to payout I say I am not doing it again!!!
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou wrote: »
    I have never had 150 points on You Gov!!
    Every time I get to payout I say I am not doing it again!!!

Yes, I say the same, beanielou. It's a long slog isn't it?

The most I've ever got for a survey was 75 points, although I think at the 2010 General Election I did some phone polls for them and got more. No such luck this last Election though:(
  • Karmacat
    Me neither! I think 100 is my limit :p

Erm, processing the fruits didn't go too well :o the jam didn't set, and it didn't have enough sugar in it either. Am about to set to, with lemon juice and sugar. I really need to get my kitchen a lot clearer, so I can set about that sort of thing and not have to shift things round all the time, because then the task I'm trying to do doesn't get finished, grrr.

Today has become a busy day in relation to paid work :j so between that and the jam, nothing much else is going to happen :D

I finished the cat blogpost yesterday, even posted it :) and today I might, just might also finish a draft on the other one. Then next week any spare time is about setting up the monetising :eek:
  • rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,533 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    :hello:

Morning KC!

Working from home today & the coffee has finally kicked in! (2nd cup mind you!)

Been doing unpaid work this morning - laundry & tidying kitchen...

...waiting to pounce on the 'gardener' when he arrives to run the j0hn d33r round the fields & get him to do our lawn today - it's been so dry that he's been neglecting it, but there are lots of weedy things that could do with a trim - he's a lovely bloke but needs reminders every so often...

Paid work calls, so should really pay attention to it!:D
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 4 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport