Lombard Direct loan 13 years ago

Just wondered if anyone could help or had a similar experience with a bank.

I had a loan with Lombard in 2000 and paid it early in 2003/4. I do not have any documentation and my credit file only goes back 6 years. I have written to Lombard requesting a refund of the PPI paid but I am not holding my breath due to the lack of information. I have given my date of birth and address when I took out the loan.

What do any of you think - forget about it? Or have any of you recovered PPI from a provider you took out a loan with over 10 years ago?

Thank you in advance for your help.

:)

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    No one here can predict the outcome simply based on what you have said.
  • Let us know how you get on as I'm in the same situation, I'm trying to remember all the things I can claim back on (not much in the last 6 years) most of it was about 10 years ago and I don't have the documentation for it now. I don't know how I can find out either. We have had 2 Lombard loans in the last 10 years and a car loan amongst others
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Malsford wrote: »
    I don't know how I can find out either. We have had 2 Lombard loans in the last 10 years and a car loan amongst others
    I've answered on your other thread;
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=60725327#post60725327
  • malloandson
    malloandson Posts: 22 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Please contact lombard asap, i had a loan over ten yrs ago didnt have dates or account number,so called them they told me what PPI i had paid and they gave me an address to write to, I got back over £1700, banked the cheque on Monday just gone.
  • Clifford_1997
    Clifford_1997 Posts: 51 Forumite
    Hi I sent an SAR request off to Lombard for a loan back in 2002 for which I had PPI on it. I have just received an offer of over £400.
  • sunshine1980
    sunshine1980 Posts: 83 Forumite
    Please contact lombard asap, i had a loan over ten yrs ago didnt have dates or account number,so called them they told me what PPI i had paid and they gave me an address to write to, I got back over £1700, banked the cheque on Monday just gone.

Please could you give the telephone number you contacted them on. I have written to RBS in Bristol as they have taken over Lombard but not had a response.

Did Lombard speak to you without you having any account number details or anything?

Thank you!
  • sunshine1980
    sunshine1980 Posts: 83 Forumite
    Hi I sent an SAR request off to Lombard for a loan back in 2002 for which I had PPI on it. I have just received an offer of over £400.

Hi Clifford - which address did you write to Lombard - was it c/o RBS in Bristol? Thanks
  • Hi Sunshine 1980

I sent to the following address:

Lombard Direct
    Chatham RCSC
    Waterside Court
    Western Avenue
    Chatham Maritime
    Chatham
    Kent
    ME4 4RT

Good luck
  • sunnybee71
    sunnybee71 Posts: 5 Forumite
    I sent questionnaires off for 2 Lombard loans that I didn't have account numbers for. One was my husbands taken out around 1999 and one mine taken out around 2001. I didn't have account numbers only our names, dob, address and rough dates as to when they were taken out. Lombard/rbs replied saying they couldn't help without account numbers but we could pay £10 each fir copies of our agreement! Weird! Although anything over 6 years wouldn't be on file now. Not sure what to do next?
  • redjamie
    redjamie Posts: 19 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    hi
    did anyone get anywhere with Lombard or Lombard tricity
    we had had a couple of agreements with these for a few things over the years
    just noticed that a few people have been checking with them regarding the PPi from a while back and i did nt know you could go back as more then 6 rs so never thought of looking into them but i have just been told by a PPi company you can claim as far back as late 1980s
    if anyone has any dealings with them or a contact number or email
    please can you post here as i am sure we are not the only ones who could be interested in contacting them
    thanks in advance for any help :money:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport